thisneedstobedeletedplease

Hello - what are some of your reasons for waiting?

4 posts in this topic

Hello everybody!

I'm new here and just wanted to get a feel for the site's members. So, if you'd like to share I'd greatly appreciate that :)

I also have another question. Religious waiters, would you marry a non-religious/different religion waiter?

Welcome!

I waited for a few reasons. I'm a super hypochondriac, and didn't want to take even a 1% chance of getting pregnant while unable to care for a child, or while in a relationship with someone who was unsuitable to be a good parent. I really can't detach physical affection of any sort from love, so the idea of casual sex just grosses me out (and I think hook up culture has become incredibly pervasive and problematic). I'm really shy, and couldn't see myself entering into a sexual relationship, basically about the most vulnerable type of relationship out there, without deep love and affection. I also liked the idea of going into my marriage with as little baggage as humanly possible. And finally, having a life partnership in which you are each each other's one and only everything just seemed like such an awesome, unifying, bonding experience. For me, I believe I succeeded in my goal, and it's just as amazing as I had imagined as a kid. I didn't wait all the way until marriage, but I did wait until I was as sure as I possibly could be that I had found my life partner. He also just so happened to be my first boyfriend ever, and I was his first girlfriend ever. It's pretty great. ^^

I'm not religious, so to answer the flip-side of your question: I don't think I could have ever married someone very religious, as I would be uncomfortable having to raise my kids within a religious doctrine.

3 people like this

I'm waiting because I don't believe in words and spoken promises. lol It's easy for someone to say they love you. The word love gets thrown around too easily. It's so overused and abused in this society to the point where you just become numb to it. Words don't mean anything. If you're that serious about someone, you might as well make it official or you're just wasting time. Any time a woman has sex with a man, she is putting herself at risk (getting pregnant being the biggest risk). Men can just run away (some do, some don't if they're the honorable types) but women are the ones who mostly have to deal with the aftermath.

1 person likes this