maul4014

Which state is better?

Florida vs California   21 members have voted

1. 1. Florida vs California, which would you rather live in?

• Florida
    • California

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

18 posts in this topic

Neither - Pacific Northwest all the way for me!

2 people like this

Oh Florida hands down. With the guns I own, I'd be considered a felon if I lived in California. Plus Florida has Disneyworld :)

5 people like this

Oh Florida hands down. With the guns I own, I'd be considered a felon if I lived in California. Plus Florida has Disneyworld :)

That's what I'm saying, plus there are no earthquakes in Florida.

1 person likes this

Texas!!!! Wha-peesh! Awww that's not one of the two options? Okay then I guess Florida

3 people like this

Well, California has many different ethnicities in its borders. Which means there is many choices in terms of cuisine. Plus, you get a little taste of everything here:mountains, lakes, amusement parks etc...

1 person likes this

That's what I'm saying, plus there are no earthquakes in Florida.

There are some really nasty hurricanes though!

I am currently torn between Texas and New York for myself, but I would choose California because they have lovely weather, and legalized gay marriage. My brother lives in California as well, so that might be a plus. And Florida just seems to have a bunch of crazies lately. =/ I do love Disney World, but I think being able to go every weekend would make it less magical, in a way.

There are some really nasty hurricanes though!

True, but you can usually see those coming.

Yeah, but the damage they can cause is nothing to sneeze at. Plus the time and expense that goes into possibly having to evacuate for days, not being able to go to school and work, being without power, plus repairing all the damages to your property. I grew up in Houston, TX, so I've dealt with my fair share of tropical storms and hurricanes. Before one hurricane hit, so many people tried to flee that all the streets became gridlocked and people were trapped in their cars for hours or even days on end. After a different hurricane, my family wasn't even able to leave the house for three days because of the debris in the road. Every grocery store and gas station was shut down due to lack of power, and they had all sold out of their supplies days in advance of the storm anyway. A giant tree fell within inches of our house -- if it had hit our home, it not only could have effectively destroyed our home, but it could have injured those of us inside -- or even worse. Our pool's filer system shut down, and allege infested the water, turning it highlighter-green. All phone/cell/electricity services (and water in some places, thankfully not mine) were out for days, and our house didn't get power restored for two weeks (in September so it was 85+ degrees and muggy as well. It was so bad that our house and possessions were actually further damaged by the lack of AC).

Haha, I didn't mean to go on for so long! It's been a while since I've thought of that, so all the memories came rushing back. Florida seems to have even worse hurricane issues than Houston does, so I could never see myself voluntarily living there. Even though California has earthquakes, it seems like they don't typically cause the same kind of damage these big storms do.

That depends, are we talking about South Florida or the rest of the state? My answer totally depends on that. I absolutely love the Miami area, and all of the culture that one city contains. 

To tell you the truth, I've only been to Florida and only when I was a kid. So I don't really know which one would be better.

I've been to both. I had more fun and liked California better. I was mostly in Northern California though. I really enjoyed the redwoods and I love Lake Tahoe, so gorgeous! And I also prefer the Pacific.I saw so many seals and other ocean life. :) Also some funky trees. Lol I'm going back at the end of this month, job premitting. This time to Yosemite. :)

Florida was cool too but I remember the monster bugs the most and no, just no. Lol

1 person likes this

Never been to either but I know Cali can offer more. Florida can be a southern paradise, so can the Golden State, but the Sunshine State can't offer what California has in the north. It's just so much more vast and explorable.

California

Why, ...

Because you can hit the beach in the morning and by afternoon, ski on the slopes of Big Bear.

How can humidity and a dozen rainshowers per day compare!

Now just "watch your debit card melt" with $4.50+ per gal gasoline pump prices.

(Solution live in Nevada, visit SoCal)

1 person likes this