Weapon X

What are some good flirting techniques or conversation starters?

43 posts in this topic

I'd also acknowledge that it is a personal question, and that she's free not to answer if she chooses. Then I don't think it'd be too weird (but then, I come from the South, so churches are kind of a common conversational topic).

we have so many different churches around here, if a guy asked where's a good church, I would ask what his denomination is first.

So fryday I asked the girl at the deli "are there any good churches around here that you might recommend?"

She had a broad smile. And said "I don't know. I don't go to church"

So now I'm left trying to decide where to go from here. I learned the hard way about persuing the bad bad girl type a few years ago.

Should I stay or should I go?

What would any of you do in my shoes? Keep in mind churchnos a big part of who I am.

(BTW I know there are non religious WTM's but they are pretty few from what I understand.

"I don't know. I don't go to church"

I learned the hard way about persuing the bad bad girl type a few years ago.

So if she doesn't go to church she's a "bad" girl? I always thought of a bad girl as a motorcycle riding, tatted up, foul mouthed, woman who can fight lol.

2 people like this

So fryday I asked the girl at the deli "are there any good churches around here that you might recommend?"

She had a broad smile. And said "I don't know. I don't go to church"

So now I'm left trying to decide where to go from here. I learned the hard way about persuing the bad bad girl type a few years ago.

TIL I'm a bad, bad type of girl.  :lol:

Anyway, if it's really important to you to have a significant other who goes to church, then it's best to stop pursuing. But if it's something you can look past, then perhaps your church-going is something she can look past as well. Or maybe you will find that she wants to, or at least doesn't mind, going to church with you sometimes. It's really about where your personal limits are.

1 person likes this

I'm a Christian but I don't go to church. My old church folded and I found myself where I was becoming closer to God through studying at home so I just stopped going and haven't gone regularly in years.

Ask anyone that knows me, I am far from a bad girl. Lol I am also thinking about going back to church so yeah, if church going is important to you, remember you don't know her whole situation yet. Maybe you should have questioned her a bit further. Listen to your gut though. Her tone may have clued you in.

4 people like this

I'm glad you have found a way to be spiritually fed. :)

I'm a Christian but I don't go to church. My old church folded and I found myself where I was becoming closer to God through studying at home so I just stopped going and haven't gone regularly in years.

Ask anyone that knows me, I am far from a bad girl. Lol I am also thinking about going back to church so yeah, if church going is important to you, remember you don't know her whole situation yet. Maybe you should have questioned her a bit further. Listen to your gut though. Her tone may have clued you in.

There is something different about her. I think I will still try to get to know her better still. I have no doubt that there are good people that don't go to church Nicole and my grandfather being two of them but its still pretty uncommon.

And because there were other customers there I couldn't ask more than I did.

I am thinking about asking her to come to a church with me if I found a good one. But I'm not entirely sure.

I have no doubt that there are good people that don't go to church Nicole and my grandfather being two of them but its still pretty uncommon.

Really? It's one thing to value having a spouse who shares your faith, but it is totally another to imply that non-religious people are amoral as a general rule.

3 people like this

I've actually been in that exact situation. :) I'm not exactly outgoing when it comes to guys that I think are attractive. However, I would say that, even though it didn't work out the way I had hoped, the best thing I did was just comment on his smile and how kind he was to customers. We talked often after that. He was fired later, for some other reason, but we continue to chat occasionally online.

Honestly, I think the best thing you can do is just smile and talk to her. She'll let you know, in some way, whether she's interested in any kind of interaction further than the typical customer/cashier conversation. People aren't generally good at the straight forward methods, but in a situation where there's very little time to make a point, that might also be something to consider. Like 'Hey, it's good to see you again. I always enjoy seeing your smile and coming into your line'. Or, if you'd really like to get to know her better, just be honest with her. Maybe even just see how she responds to that and then ask if you could give her your number, rather than getting hers. You can have it written down, just in case. This shows a respect for her job, as well. It shows her that you respect her enough to not take too much time, so that she won't get into any trouble. Maybe even let her know that that way she can do with it what she wants. Of course, there are no guarantees in life, that's why everyone says that you just have to take a chance once in a while. Unfortunately, a big part of being able to tell if someone is interested is being able to read body language, and being a cashier doesn't leave much room for conversation anyway.

I don't really think I was that helpful... but anyway. No matter what you try, good luck. :)

1 person likes this

Steadfast and Josh I said what I said because of this

"1. About 3% of Americans wait until marriage to have sex (successfully)

Three percent of the US population may seem like a small number, but that represents nearly 10,000,000 successful waiters-till-marriage. That’s ten million people (alive right now in the US alone) who waited, found love, got married, then had sex for the first time after they were married.

If you also include people who wait for a while but don’t wait all the way until marriage, then the percentage goes up even higher. For example, 11% of modern 25-year-olds have not had premarital sex. If you include higher ages, then the percentage goes down to the 3% number.

2. In highly religious groups, up to 20% wait until marriage successfully

Naturally, religious people seem more likely to wait until marriage to have sex. In a study of 9 Southern Babtist churches in Texas (it doesn’t get much more conservative than that), 20% of the church members aged 25 or younger were married without ever having premarital sex.

Side note: There is a lot of research showing that religion is good at helping people commit more strongly to things than they would otherwise. For example, religious married couples have a slightly lower chance of divorce than nonreligious/nonpracticing married couples because they have a stronger sense of moral commitment. That is, they’re more likely to stick to a particular course of action simply because they feel that it’s right."

That is a direct quote from none other than our friend WTM.org (http://waitingtillmarriage.org/4-cool-statistics-about-abstinence-in-the-usa/)

Yes my phrasing on what you were commenting on was weird. But I think that anyone who is making this commentment to WTM believes that waiting is a good thing. being a waiter doesn't make you a good person and not waiting a bad person. I was meaning waiter vs non waiter. So if that truly is one of the things you had a problem with then I will address the issue in my self and be more precise in the futur. (I can't fix the past, but I can learn from it)

Please send me a Private message with your comments on this matter. But as I'm still new here I will do my best to be more clear in with what I say.

2 people like this

Libs you have a good point. I do like the idea of complementing her smile. She does have a pretty smile. She has a classic beauty about her. And I never thought I would find a girl with guages attractive. I really don't like guages. To me they look weird. Its a 1/4 inch hole in the ear lobe...

(For those that will judge what I said above. That is an opinion and opinions are never right... Nor are they ever wrong)

I vote on not inviting her to church until she expresses interest in it. She'll start avoiding you if she thinks you're trying to convert her. Unless you're good friends with her, don't ask her to go to church with you.

Just ask her out for coffee or lunch instead of dragging on the situation longer. No matter how special a girl is, she can still say no.

3 people like this

I don't think she works there anymore. I go there often enough so I'd see her unless they put her on a overnight shift or something. I lost interest as I noticed she wasn't there I came back to my senses in a way and realized that I'd prefer to be single for several more years until I'm financially wealthy so I can support a relationship financially.

i hate when a guy i just met starts flirting with me. what makes me really happy is when a guy i meet tries to be friends and does something nice for me. I'm not dumb and can tell when i guy likes me, but i only appreciate it when the guy shows it through kindness.

2 people like this

My advice is: keep it simple and honest.

Here is a free "line" you can use when you are in her line:

"How's my favorite cashier doing today?"

It would be very hard for her not to respond with even a little bit.

You might not get as far as: "Am I really your favorite cashier?" or "I didn't realize I was your favorite!" as responses from her, but if she responds with something like any of these, you are IN, BRO !!!

Let me know how that goes...