Weapon X

Spending too much time on WTM.org

17 posts in this topic

Does anyone else feel like taking a break from this site? Or from thinking about waiting? Sometimes I'll go on a hiatus since most topics are about sex and stuff. For me it gets to a point where I don't feel like thinking about that stuff and I go on a hiatus. Great site, but I think using it too much puts too much focus on sex and not enough on other things in life.

9 people like this

Does anyone else feel like taking a break from this site? Or from thinking about waiting? Sometimes I'll go on a hiatus since most topics are about sex and stuff. For me it gets to a point where I don't feel like thinking about that stuff and I go on a hiatus. Great site, but I think using it too much puts too much focus on sex and not enough on other things in life.

I understand exactly what you mean. I actually do plan on taking certain breaks coming up in the next couple of years so I can focus on my young life. (From the site NOT waiting)

1 person likes this

Not particularly, but sex and relationships are probably the two topics that interest me the most (on an intellectual level, not just carnally :P ) , so I'm going to focus on exploring those topics no matter what sites I go to, what books I read, and what conversations I have.

2 people like this

I know exactly what you mean. For this reason, I'll often take a "week off" from the site, where I might only log in once or twice the entire week.

Or I might just try staying primarily in the "General Discussion" thread, where I can still get my "community fix" without discussing the many times stressful topics like sex and relationships.

Admittedly, there have been a few times when I've wondered if this site is really what's best for me at this point in my life, but every time I question that, I always somehow end up at "yes". Lol.  :)

I've had a few hiatuses my self it's normal life happens. But I don't see it a problem. It just happens waiting isn't the only thing in life.

1 person likes this

I usually still check up on the site but won't respond to posts. Before joining the site, I didn't think about sex related topics very often and sometimes I don't like to think about it too much and will need a break but I really like you guys so I can't completely stay away for very long. 

5 people like this

I check what's new, but that's it. I don't think I spend too much time here.

1 person likes this

I feel that spending too much time online/on social networking sites in general is not a good thing. If you spend too much time online, there won't be enough time to spend in the "real world." It's difficult to take a break though because you people are awesome.  :)

5 people like this

I think it's all about balance. My online life where people call me Belle was established to talk freely about sex and virginity, in a way that I can't under my own name. As a Christian feminist, I think it's really important to emphasize the necessity of consent, to provide factual information about sex, to teach young people that sexuality isn't shameful, to eliminate the double standard, etc. So I do spend a lot of time writing about sex and virginity online.

But when I'm not writing or networking/promoting my blog, I'm catching up with friends, spending time with my husband, working full-time, talking on the phone or skyping with my family since they all live far away, trying to get our house settled, etc.

Unless I'm replying to a personal message* on this site, or occasionally writing a long reply in a forum, I don't spend more than 30-45 minutes a day here. And like Mike pointed out when I first signed up two months ago, I am link-building here, so the time is a worthy investment. Compared to the time I spend working, or doing chores, or reading a book, or socializing, 45 minutes a day is nothing.

*My apologies to anyone who has waited a long time for a reply. Y'all ask deep, complicated questions, that usually require at least an hour to write out a proper response.

3 people like this

I just remembered- there Is a site I'm "switching to" once I'm married lol...can't say though

i think this is true of ALL social media ...   you need to pace/balance/manage the tempo of it.   "Hiatus" is a good idea from time to time...   stepping away from the laptop or phone for a short bit :-).  

I do it here - as well as all my other social channels - regularly - just...  short breaks...   that give you a teensy bit more perspective vs constaintly in the throes.

2 people like this

Usually if I'm not around for a little it happens naturally. As in, I'm busy with other things or I just don't feel like signing in.

Yeah, I'm bored of sex. Or asex. Or whatever it is we all do on here.

I just remembered- there Is a site I'm "switching to" once I'm married lol...can't say though

Waitingtilldeathdouspart.org, I'm Just K.

Yeah I think I spend too much time on here and the internet in general. I'm thinking of not using the internet, except for email, for a while.

4 people like this

dont feel like taking a break...its a life saver when you're down to be able to duscuss things with people i nthe same position.

I tend to look in every couple of weeks and see what people have been saying