maul4014

Political compass

18 posts in this topic

Yo dawg, I took this one a while ago! I got a kind of weird one, where I was politically conservative and economically liberal. I'm not sure if that's true or nahhhht...  :huh:

Got about what I expected, even in the same spectrum as Gandhi.

1 person likes this

Here's mine:

post-41062-0-99372500-1403061563.txt

I was expecting it to be just a tiny bit more economically right-wing, but it's not too bad.

Economic Left/Right: -6.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.90

I'm super close to where Gandhi is. :)

I took this a few months ago, took it again just for fun. I'm terrible at politics and economics so I was a bit confused by some of the questions (should we control inflation or unemployment? no idea).

Anyway, this is me:

Economic Left/Right: -8.25

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.85

It appears that I am further left than Gandhi and the Dalai Lama :o

Economic Left/Right: -3.75

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.46

So just about mid-way between Authoritarian and Libertarian.

Although, I'm pretty sure it's not very accurate. The little graph at the end, where they've "estimated" that Pope Benedict XVI would be way up high in the Authoritarian-Left square, seems very odd since his social beliefs and mine are going to be pretty much the same. The questions weren't greatly worded on some issues, and I got frustrated. Like in the Religion section (which only had 5 questions, and two were about crappy astrology and chance), where the statement was, "You cannot be moral without being religious." So I was like, "Well, sure you can follow the moral law and be an atheist, but only if the law you're following is Judeo-Christian morality - Do not kill, do not steal, do not commit adultery, and so on." I figure a statement like, "Morality is absolute, and some things are inherently good or evil regardless of our feelings" or something like that would have been clearer.

Anyway, I had a go at another one of these kind of quizzes. It turned out roughly the same on the left-right economic thing, but more authoritarian (3.73 - slightly less than halfway between the very top and middle of the scale) . So even if that quiz was one which was biased towards a more authoritarian result, somehow the Pope is still way higher than me! Something's wrong here...

xxx

Economic Left/Right: 1.75

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.28

Mostly what I expected for a religious guy who works in finance. Surprised I wasn't further right, honestly. Lol.

Economic Left/Right: -7.00

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.28

Seems about right I suppose.

No one here is anywhere close to me. :)

Then what's yours?

Look what I got :). I laughed my socks off when I saw the perfect 0.00. Guess it figures for a former Marxist - considering I would have been Stalin's neighbour up there around 8 years ago.

Economic Left/Right: -8.38 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.00

Economic Left/Right -7.25

Social Libertarian/Authoritatian -4.56

My head was spinning trying to comprehend what this score means. So who wants to step up and give me the bottom line? haha!

I got

Economic Left/Right: 0.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.31

post-2449-0-18964000-1403556609_thumb.pn

A lot of the political/economic topics covered make me go ã€Œ(°ヘ°) or  Â¯\(O.o)/¯