Steadfast Madcap

What does your purity ring look like?

24 posts in this topic

IRL I only know one other waiter, so while I've heard a lot about purity rings, I have never actually seen one in person (or at least, I haven't seen anyone wearing something I would recognize as a purity ring). I have seen a few ladies on here mention that they wear a purity ring, and I have become very curious to know what they really look like! If you're uncomfortable putting up an actual photo of your ring, sending a link to the same/similar ring online, or writing up a description, would be just as welcome.  :)

I have one that is just a silver band and it has the words "True Love Waits" on it. I don't wear it very often though just because Its kind of cheaply made and I don't want it to rust too badly. Plus, I'm not quite used to wearing a ring. I still like it though. 

2 people like this

Here is a picture of mine. :) I've had this one for 3 years. I like wearing it but I have many people ask me if I'm married/engaged.

post-26856-0-30233200-1403052135_thumb.j

3 people like this

Here is a picture of mine. :) I've had this one for 3 years. I like wearing it but I have many people ask me if I'm married/engaged.

That is really pretty!

My ring is actually a charm on a necklace. I like it because I do a lot (babysitting, cooking, marching band) that wouldn't be good to do with a ring on! It's pretty simple, silver charm on a black string, says "true love waits."

2 people like this

I feel too old (over 30 y/o)  to be wearing one!   im not embarrassed but I wouldnt want it to be an invitation for probing questions. 

4 people like this

I never really considered it a purity ring, but for years I wore my claddagh. I still have it, but a few years ago I started to feel like I was just pressuring myself to find someone... rather than it being a reminder of what I am waiting for. TRUE LOVE. TRUE COMMITMENT. I'd like to wear it again, but it's old and wearing thin (it's only gold plated)... it kind of hurts my finger. :)

I feel too old (over 30 y/o)  to be wearing one!   im not embarrassed but I wouldnt want it to be an invitation for probing questions.

Very understandable. If you still want one just for you you could always do a necklace that doesn't say any kind of anything. They have those too. I'm considering getting a ring to wear on a chain so i can trade off.

1 person likes this

Seeee but here's my thing. I feel like if I wear one Im gonna jinks it. Like ruin everything and self sabotage or something. Not only that but I only tell select people Im a virgin and try to keep it on the DL because I don't want some psycho to rape me or something. Kind of what NotNowbutlater said but taken a step further, which is also why I'm weary to get one with "true love waits" on it. But also on the contrary to what NNBL said, it could be a talking point for me if I see a cute guy or something who was also waiting because he would kind of suspect it and then ask so it could be the thing to get me married too ;)

2 people like this

My ring is actually a charm on a necklace. I like it because I do a lot (babysitting, cooking, marching band) that wouldn't be good to do with a ring on! It's pretty simple, silver charm on a black string, says "true love waits."

And it's close to your heart (Y)

2 people like this

I don't have an actual purity ring, but I do have this ring my mom gave me a few years ago for I think my birthday, that I like to think of as my purity ring at times.

And I have worn it out in public a few times and thought of it like a purity ring.

And sometimes when I'm in my room reading, doing something on my phone, or something like that I like to wear my ring and pretend it's a wedding or engagement ring *coughlosercough* I'm even wearing it right now. :)

I've tried to take a picture of it with my phone a few months ago, but they didn't turn out too well.

But I found a picture online of a ring like it like two months ago. 

You can't see what the ring's band in the picture looks like, but the band of my ring is just a plain silver band and my ring's pink heart shaped stone is a lighter shade than what it looks like in the picture.

RinglikeMine_zpsxecfujg8.jpg

You can get the ring I have at Walmart for about 10 bucks or less. :)

Thread bump, whoo!  ;)

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 8:09 PM, Amber Elizabeth said:

I don't have an actual purity ring, but I do have this ring my mom gave me a few years ago for I think my birthday, that I like to think of as my purity ring at times.

And I have worn it out in public a few times and thought of it like a purity ring.

And sometimes when I'm in my room reading, doing something on my phone, or something like that I like to wear my ring and pretend it's a wedding or engagement ring *coughlosercough* I'm even wearing it right now. :)

I've tried to take a picture of it with my phone a few months ago, but they didn't turn out too well.

But I found a picture online of a ring like it like two months ago. 

You can't see what the ring's band in the picture looks like, but the band of my ring is just a plain silver band and my ring's pink heart shaped stone is a lighter shade than what it looks like in the picture.

RinglikeMine_zpsxecfujg8.jpg

You can get the ring I have at Walmart for about 10 bucks or less. :)

Thread bump, whoo!  ;)

Is it just me or does anyone else want some M&M's now?

1 person likes this

I have a purity ring in the shape of a crucifix.

The closest thing I've had to a purity ring are key-chains my friend and I swiped from hidden storage in the back of health class. :lol: I put it on my bag for the duration of high school but I don't think anyone noticed. It looked really outdated even at the time. B)

Here it is, front and back, in all its glory:

IMG_2727.JPGIMG_2728.JPG

1 person likes this