5 Love languages

22 posts in this topic

Hey guys I was wondering if any of you had taken the 5 love languages test by Gary Chapman? If you have how accurate do you think it is? I took it and got Quality time and directly behind that was words of affirmation.

For those of you who haven't heard of it it is a test designed to determine how you best experience and feel loved. The five different love languages are: Words of Affirmation, Quality Time, Receiving Gifts, Acts of Service, and Physical Touch.

Here is the link if anyone wants to take the test: http://www.5lovelanguages.com/
It might ask you to sign up for their website but their is a skip option. You don't have to share your results if you do take it though can how accurate do you think it is?

I got Physical Touch as my number one love language, followed by Quality Time.  For me, this is accurate :)

1 person likes this

I got.......

#1 Physical Touch

#2 Quality Time

#3 Words of Affirmation

1 person likes this

1. Words of Affirmation
  2. Quality Time
  3. Acts of Service
  4. Physical Touch
  5. Receiving Gifts

Makes sense to me.  I can get a single compliment and be good for the rest of the day lol.  Not surprised that physical touch is where it is, I'm not really the huggy type.  :unsure:

2 people like this

Physical Touch was my highest, even though I tend to like my personal space xD followed by Quality Time.
Receiving Gifts was the least, cuz gifts can remind you of someone you love but they're not the same as love.

2 people like this

the highest was quality time then equality between words of affirmation and physical touch... I guess that's me

2 people like this

I got Physical Touch, then Words of Affirmation. Acts of Service was last - I think that thanking a person for their efforts is much more important than the efforts themselves.

1 person likes this

1. Quality Time

2. Receiving Gifts

3. Acts of Service

4. Words of affirmation

5. Physical touch

Makes total sense because I love spending time with people, and I love presents! But couldn't care less about words and stuff. I'm also a big lover of my personal space.

1 person likes this

1. Quality time

2. Acts of service

3. Words of affirmation

4. Receiving gifts

5. Physical touch

Seems about right to me lol. Im not a fan of people being in my personal space.

3 people like this

1 Quality time 2 Physical Touch 3 Acts of Service 4 Words of Affirmation 5 Gifts

Physical Touch was my highest, even though I tend to like my personal space xD followed by Quality Time.

Receiving Gifts was the least, cuz gifts can remind you of someone you love but they're not the same as love.

See I thought I was the only one! I'm not the type that likes to but touched every time like i need my space. Maybe it comes for sharing a room I don't know but I've always been that way lol but I'm more words or acts of services then anything in my opinion. when I get little notes or someone does something i would least expect It makes me just makes me smile. 

2 people like this

When I took it a while ago, My number 1 was tied 3 ways between physical touch, quality time and words of affirmation. 

That is pretty accurate, I think. I do like to hug and cuddle with my friends a lot, something I would never do when I was a kid. I also love to spend time with those I love and hate to see people go even after a full day together sometimes. And I need to hear that people care fairly often (which I realize could be annoying for some people) :/ 

I feel mine was accurate in that I physical touch was last. I was surprised gifts were third because I usually don't like gifts either. I do need to be reassured that people care about me but that is more from friends than family. I also really enjoy quality time with others. So as far as tests go I think it's pretty accurate.

• 8Quality Time
  • 7Words of Affirmation
  • 6Receiving Gifts
  • 8Acts of Service
  • 1Physical Touch

All of them are fairly even except for physical touch which got a very low score. Physical touch is nice but I don't need it to feel loved.

2 people like this

I'm too lazy to take the test. I'm just going to go on a whim and say Words of Affirmation and Quality time are tied for first, followed by Acts of Service then Touch then Gifts.

2 people like this

Mine seems to be by far words of affirmation. It's true though

• 11 Words of Affirmation
  • 8 Physical Touch
  • 5 Quality Time
  • 5 Acts of Service
  • 1 Receiving Gifts
1 person likes this

This book is AMAZING!!!!!! Yes, even just taking the quiz can help you with your relationships (familial and platonic, not just romantic), but the book is so helpful and offers pretty sage advice on maintaining strong relationships.

My husband and I both took the quiz fairly early in our relationship, and we probably need to take it again. That was the highest I'd ever scored on Physical Touch, and I think our long-distance status at the time skewed the results. Maybe taking the quiz again together is something we can do tonight!

So two years ago, our results were the following (me, him):

Words of Affirmation: 11, 7.
Quality Time: 7, 8.
Gifts: 3, 2.
Acts of Service: 1, 3.
Physical Touch: 8, 10.

I'll update later when we get the chance to take the quiz again together. :)
1 person likes this

I took this test quite a while ago, and from what I recall physical touch was my top by far and then after that I had quality time. I'd definitely agree with those as I like to get very close to people and yes I'm a very "touchy" person. lol

Receiving gifts was last for me also because although I appreciate gifts I'd much rather give a gift to someone than receive one. I also don't really like opening gifts in front of people, I can't really explain why, it just makes me feel weird.

1 person likes this

I took this test quite a while ago, and from what I recall physical touch was my top by far and then after that I had quality time. I'd definitely agree with those as I like to get very close to people and yes I'm a very "touchy" person. lol

Receiving gifts was last for me also because although I appreciate gifts I'd much rather give a gift to someone than receive one. I also don't really like opening gifts in front of people, I can't really explain why, it just makes me feel weird.

I am the same way. I almost want to give gifts on my birthday instead of receiving them. I also feel really uncomfortable opening gifts in front of people. Maybe because I hate being the center of attention.