Joseph2017

Was it really worth it?

13 posts in this topic

I've decided to wait until my wedding night but at this point it doesn't seem like there are many people like that out there (its nice to be on here!). So I was wondering if waiting is really going to be worth it?

3 people like this

I'll be honest. It was definitely worth it for us, but we weren't waiting til marriage for everything. Our particular perspective towards waiting allowed us to save something very special for just each other, but it also gave us time to learn stuff (this isn't VDA, so that's all I'm saying), to grow comfortable with each other, and to speak up if something is NOT working.

There are people who regret it, but usually they didn't really make the choice to wait of their own volition. If you're waiting because of pressure from your family, or societal norms, or because you think sex is shameful, then you might regret it too.

If you're waiting because you can't imagine being intimate with anyone other than your spouse, or because you think it's a religious thing to do with your spouse alone, or because you really really really don't want to be an unwed parent, or many other valid reasons, then I highly doubt you'll regret it.

11 people like this

i was gonna ask that question too. great to hear that it really is worth it :)

3 people like this

It is it is it is it is it is it is IT IS. Trust an old guy. Good luck and enjoy the wait.

4 people like this

It is it is it is it is it is it is IT IS. Trust an old guy. Good luck and enjoy the wait.

I'll add to that chorus.  :-)

and perhaps i'll even up the ante slightly...  it was definitely worth it to ME to wait.

...and to HER.   (slight chuckle encouraged :-) ).

3 people like this

To quote andy Griffith from Brad paisley's song "waitin on a woman"

....it was worth it.

8 people like this

Yes it was 100% worth it to wait until marriage!! It did more for our marriage than I ever imagined it could.

10 people like this

It is WELL worth the wait! Not only does it make you feel safe and secure from STDs, pregnancy, gossip, or break-ups, BUT it strengthens your marriage. By waiting to live together and have sex, I feel that my marriage is different than my relationship before marriage. Some people say that "oh its still the same" after getting married to someone, but I do not believe it should be that way. Having things change once being married creates a stronger bond by sharing new experiences together as husband and wife. I wouldn't have it any other way!  :wub:

21 people like this

It is WELL worth the wait! Not only does it make you feel safe and secure from STDs, pregnancy, gossip, or break-ups, BUT it strengthens your marriage. By waiting to live together and have sex, I feel that my marriage is different than my relationship before marriage. Some people say that "oh its still the same" after getting married to someone, but I do not believe it should be that way. Having things change once being married creates a stronger bond by sharing new experiences together as husband and wife. I wouldn't have it any other way!  :wub:

Agree with times 1,000!!! Dan and I actually had a conversation about it last night

5 people like this