Guest markb4

What Impresses You?

39 posts in this topic

When a guy says that he's a Christian and then goes on to talk about how he loves The Lord. Also when a guy is pissed off, and finds a way to calm himself down by acknowledging that it isn't worth it.

2 people like this

Another thing: if a man doesn't mind, or even better, is eager to help go buy pads or tampons or chocolate and midol for an ailing gorlfriend (some girls have it os bad they cant move!) THAT is really impressive.

4 people like this

Another thing: if a man doesn't mind, or even better, is eager to help go buy pads or tampons or chocolate and midol for an ailing gorlfriend (some girls have it os bad they cant move!) THAT is really impressive.

No idea what midol is.

No idea what midol is.

Think of it as aspirin for girls during their time of the month ;)

1 person likes this

Oh, okay!

"Serious" traits

1. Catholic (obviously) and not just in the "I go to Mass every week" kind of way, but actually knows and loves his faith and practices it.

2. Similarly, will stand up for what he believes in and isn't afraid to speak out about the truth even if he'll be ridiculed for it.

3. Doesn't use foul language.

4. Respects women (including not making offensive jokes, etc).

5. Loves his family.

6. Is good with children (or at least makes the attempt to be good with them - I love little babies, for example, but I'll sometimes think, "I'm not sure this baby is enjoying my baby-talk").

7. Can control his temper and doesn't yell.

Traits I like, but aren't really essential

1. Can play a musical instrument and/or sing.

2. Likes reading "classic" literature and whatnot.

3. Likes watching plays/musicals (or will at least put up with them so I can go...).

4. Can cook.

That's all I can think of. I may add more if I come up with them later.

xxx

2 people like this

A guy who wants to take the lead, protect me, hold me close when I look like I need it or even just because. Someone who takes notice on how I'm feeling, and is persistent with me regardless of how stubborn I might be when I'm upset about something. And if we've gotten into a small argument, he should be mature enough to apologize if he's the one at fault, or if I'm the one at fault, be open to talking things over with me and truly forgiving me after I've apologized.

Something that also really impresses me is if he can show me that he's a very responsible, motivated person who knows what he wants in life. Is on his way to a stable career, or knows exactly where he wants to be in a career and is already going through the necessary steps to achieve that. I CANNOT date a guy who doesn't appear to be responsible enough or possess any motivation, just like I can't stand constantly being around people who are like that. I have high standards for myself, and I want my boyfriend to have that same level of aspiration and drive. Too much laziness just drives me insane. Oh yes, and respect is key too. Chivalry is not dead!

3 people like this

- Pick up litter and throw it away if you notice it on the ground.

- Nod and look interested when I am talking to you. Bonus points for listening.

- Take note of my body language and try to read me, noticing when I need to be cheered up.

- Let other people go ahead of you in line.

- Apologize and ask for forgiveness.

- Introduce me to the people you care about, making it clear that you are happy I am around.

- Make time for me; let me know I am pretty high on your priority list.

- Take me somewhere I have never been before that you think I will like.

- Make an effort to clean up your language around me.

- Pick me up and carry me around.

- Be friendly and engaging with cashiers, waiters, and other service people we meet.

- Find out how to make me laugh, and do it often.

- Surprise me with a romantic gesture, especially if it involves going the extra mile.

- Be honest with me, even if it sometimes means giving an answer I do not like.

- Help me carry things when my arms are full.

- Give me a genuine compliment.

- Take time to check out something I like, such as a favorite song, book, or movie.

- Share things with me that you learn I have not experienced and think I would like.

- Ask me thoughtful questions about my day, and follow up about things I mention later.

- Check in with me about things before doing them if you think they would make me unhappy.

- Do not complain or tease if I need more bathroom breaks than you.

- Learn about my friends and ask about how they are doing.

- Smile at me! Please, please smile! And laugh at my jokes!

- Tell me about your life; be honest and vulnerable with me.

- Go out of your way to take care of me: make me dinner, call to check I got home safe, help fix my car, keep me warm.

- Speak respectfully about people you used to date.

- Let me rant about my bad days, and agree that it all sounds completely awful.

- Reassure me when I get scared.

- Be kind to animals and children.

- Surprise me with flowers.

- Send me romantic songs.

- Tell me about your plans for the future.

- Be silly with me, and play along when I want to be sappy or goofy.

- Be patient when things are going wrong.

- Ask what I would like to do when we go out.

- Develop a sixth sense for when I want affection and hold me close when I do.

- Say something sweet to me out of the blue.

- Demonstrate passion and determination for your hobbies and goals.

- Pray in front of me.

- Remember my favorite things.

This is a really, really great list, thank you for the effort it must have taken!

2 people like this

Instantly?

•Start, and hold, a conversation.

•Can tell the difference between socially awkward, and just not interested. (I'm pretty sure they look very similar)

•Knows how to wear his clothing properly fit and has good hygiene... clean shaven, or a little scruff, either way is ok as long as they shower/bathe.

Actually I find that some things that 'catch your attention' right away can be different depending on the guy and the situation or place you happen to be. Sometimes it's the way he wears a suit, or the way he helps those around him, or the way he gets into whatever hobby/interest he happens to be in (like if you see an artist sketching outside or a musician playing). I think a true man, a good and gentle man, who treats people with respect and kindness and likes to help others, tends to show in their daily actions. It's a part of who they are.

Being sweet and kind to total strangers ... This is the best impression someone leaves on me. For example i admire a man who holds door for not only me but for another person ... helping someone in need ... This shows a kind heart loving matters and sweet soul :)

5 people like this

Being sweet and kind to total strangers ... This is the best impression someone leaves on me. For example i admire a man who holds door for not only me but for another person ... helping someone in need ... This shows a kind heart loving matters and sweet soul :)

That's such a sweet view and I agree I also impress by kindness of people. I as a gentleman will always open the door for anyone. Just the way I was brought up

1 person likes this

completely agree! random acts of kindness are always noticed & appreciated  :)

A funny guy would most definitely catch my attention right away. Any joke (however lame) is still cute and I will appreciate him trying to make me laugh. 

2 people like this

Oh holy moly(sp) this would probably seal the deal for me HAHA my time of the month is so bad. It's hard enough to convince your dad HAHA! A guy secure enough and willing to do this would seriously be amazing.

Ahh... what impresses me is a guy who continuously researches. Who has an inquisitive mind and who loves to talk openly about what's on his ever-expansive mind. I love open-minded left-brained guys because I'm totally not (I'm so right-brained) and I love to learn about what I don't know or don't understand. I also love a strong-willed man who can stick to his morals and stick to his word. Attraction for me is stronger mentally, so my impressions start from this area most of the time. Can't forget about philosophy, either. Just teach me things I don't know and I will melt :D.

It would also impress me if he was willing to get into horses... and <___< goats, chickens, sheep, cows... donkeys. >____> cough.

If he has a gentle, old soul and embraces this fact, but he is an optimist.

And if he is brave. I see few men being brave, nowadays, but I guess I also confess I'm not exactly the damsel in distress type, but whatever, I just go along with the song Hard Headed Woman. When Wanda Jackson sings it :D.

I love when a man can open a door for me as well and walk me to my car or door.

Oh I forgot: if he's more persistent to meet in person and call rather than text all the time. I can't stand these technological relationships. :D or maybe :,D for tears. Starting to think this guy will be an ET.

Edit: Wow please disregard my jumping from past to present to future tense. I do that a lot.

3 people like this