Guest markb4

What Impresses You?

39 posts in this topic

Hey gals,

Another question for y'all: What is something that a guy can do/say/be that would instantly impress you?

I guess mine is what he doesn't say. I don't like excessive use of foul language, esp. the f-bomb, so I notice right away if he keeps his convo clean. I'm impressed because he's using other 'adjectives'/words apart from the obvious.

I guess that applies to your question? Lol

5 people like this

Do: Open the door for me. There isn't really a lot of men who do that around here anymore. There was a young man who who stopped his conversation with another guy to open the door for me at college. It was just a really nice gesture, kin of made me feel like a princess. lol

Say: Having manners, saying yes/no ma'am/sir. I was raised to say that and I guess it might be a southern thing, but I find it to be respectable.

Be: I would say just being on time, or even early. I don't like having to wait for someone when there was a set time, its a bit disrespectful to me.

Do: Open the door for me. There isn't really a lot of men who do that around here anymore. There was a young man who who stopped his conversation with another guy to open the door for me at college. It was just a really nice gesture, kin of made me feel like a princess. lol

Say: Having manners, saying yes/no ma'am/sir. I was raised to say that and I guess it might be a southern thing, but I find it to be respectable.

Be: I would say just being on time, or even early. I don't like having to wait for someone when there was a set time, its a bit disrespectful to me.

THIS^^^

3 people like this

Like the girls said a gentleman behaviour(open doors,nice talk,educated), but also a man who speaks foreign languages especially english. Somebody who is really popular i mean like everybody likes him because he is so charismatic and nice. Somebody who is not afraid to tell what he believes in and want to fight for a better world a kind of activist I guess!

'I'm waiting until marriage' - I would be ecstatic and instantly impressed!

11 people like this

1. Having a profound understanding and ability to explain their view of the world and what they believe is the purpose of life.

Asking me if I want anything when he leaves his seat

Enjoying the company of my socially awkward friends

2 people like this

'I'm waiting until marriage' - I would be ecstatic and instantly impressed!

Yes! That! lol

Something else is when the guy shows compassion and caring for others who are in need. I recall a time when I was talking to a guy that I liked and he noticed that another girl was upset and kindly left our conversation to talk to her until she felt better. Let's just say, she was not his type so he didn't have alternative motives and I was really impressed with him that night. 

5 people like this

Mark, I think you make a good first impression. You're friendly, easygoing, and have a light sense of humor. It puts women at ease, but not in a bad way. 

6 people like this

Grow a beard.... play the piano, acoustic guitar, or violin.... Even an accent....

1 person likes this

Mark, I think you make a good first impression. You're friendly, easygoing, and have a light sense of humor. It puts women at ease, but not in a bad way. 

@Mark Teach us sensei!!

3 people like this

Thank you, but we all already know that I'm the man that makes the best impression ever :P !

2 people like this

@Mark Teach us sensei!!

One cannot fill a filled cup, young unicorn...empty thy cup....

7 people like this

Remember my name....

and then there is that awkward moment when you try to remember his name, I dislike my memory sometimes :\

One cannot fill a filled cup, young unicorn...empty thy cup....

THIS MADE ME LAUGH WAAAAAY TOO HARD AND TOO MUCH! :D

When they are artistic. Good with children. Dresses well. What others said.

2 people like this

Some things that would impress me about a man is that he practices what he believes in instead of just speaking words that really mean nothing to him. If he treated like I was something special instead of something he was biding his time with until he could find someone better. If he had some kind of creative talent that would be impressive as well. Also what others have said about being kind and compassionate. Another thing that would impress me would be if he were a good listener and truly listened to what I have to say instead of just hearing it and realizes that my feelings are legitimate no matter how stupid they may sound.

- Pick up litter and throw it away if you notice it on the ground.

- Nod and look interested when I am talking to you. Bonus points for listening.

- Take note of my body language and try to read me, noticing when I need to be cheered up.

- Let other people go ahead of you in line.

- Apologize and ask for forgiveness.

- Introduce me to the people you care about, making it clear that you are happy I am around.

- Make time for me; let me know I am pretty high on your priority list.

- Take me somewhere I have never been before that you think I will like.

- Make an effort to clean up your language around me.

- Pick me up and carry me around.

- Be friendly and engaging with cashiers, waiters, and other service people we meet.

- Find out how to make me laugh, and do it often.

- Surprise me with a romantic gesture, especially if it involves going the extra mile.

- Be honest with me, even if it sometimes means giving an answer I do not like.

- Help me carry things when my arms are full.

- Give me a genuine compliment.

- Take time to check out something I like, such as a favorite song, book, or movie.

- Share things with me that you learn I have not experienced and think I would like.

- Ask me thoughtful questions about my day, and follow up about things I mention later.

- Check in with me about things before doing them if you think they would make me unhappy.

- Do not complain or tease if I need more bathroom breaks than you.

- Learn about my friends and ask about how they are doing.

- Smile at me! Please, please smile! And laugh at my jokes!

- Tell me about your life; be honest and vulnerable with me.

- Go out of your way to take care of me: make me dinner, call to check I got home safe, help fix my car, keep me warm.

- Speak respectfully about people you used to date.

- Let me rant about my bad days, and agree that it all sounds completely awful.

- Reassure me when I get scared.

- Be kind to animals and children.

- Surprise me with flowers.

- Send me romantic songs.

- Tell me about your plans for the future.

- Be silly with me, and play along when I want to be sappy or goofy.

- Be patient when things are going wrong.

- Ask what I would like to do when we go out.

- Develop a sixth sense for when I want affection and hold me close when I do.

- Say something sweet to me out of the blue.

- Demonstrate passion and determination for your hobbies and goals.

- Pray in front of me.

- Remember my favorite things.

6 people like this

Say  :  a really really true thing about me  ,  like analyze my personality :P  .....

Do  : a really really gentleman thing   :D

Be : 300 Fahrenheit  hot :P

2 people like this

Thank you, but we all already know that I'm the man that makes the best impression ever :P !

ladies-man-william-powell-from-upper-eve

3 people like this

The fact that he's a MAN impresses me :)

There are a few things that makes a male a man, but if he has something in his pants thats good too LOL

2 people like this