Jegsy Scarr

Letters to your future husband/wife

28 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Géraldine said:

Wow...I do think that it is really beautiful and  poetic ...

But as the same time quite pessimistic and very sad ? You could use your talents with words to write optimistic love letters and not sad ones...

But it's your choice...

I think the whole point to writing a letter to your spouse is to reveal your true thoughts and emotions. I have dozens of letter and some of them are happy while others are sad, some of them are angry and some are joyous. Some of them even reveal my doubts and fears about God in my life. I don't think having a letter that isn't positive or encouraging makes it any less true or beautiful. The whole point is for me to be honest and for her to see the pain sometimes and not the mask that hides it. 

I understand what you're saying and all my letters have an ebb and flow to them when reading them as a collection. You can see where the happy moments end and where the sad ones begin, and vice versa. 

6 hours ago, Jorge said:

I think the whole point to writing a letter to your spouse is to reveal your true thoughts and emotions. I have dozens of letter and some of them are happy while others are sad, some of them are angry and some are joyous. Some of them even reveal my doubts and fears about God in my life. I don't think having a letter that isn't positive or encouraging makes it any less true or beautiful. The whole point is for me to be honest and for her to see the pain sometimes and not the mask that hides it. 

I understand what you're saying and all my letters have an ebb and flow to them when reading them as a collection. You can see where the happy moments end and where the sad ones begin, and vice versa. 

ok, I understand ...

Thank you for your answer...

Anyway, I think you're quite talented :)

1 person likes this

Just now, Géraldine said:

ok, I understand ...

Thank you for your answer...

Anyway, I think you're quite talented :)

Thank you! :)