Waiting-4-the-1

Wedding song

24 posts in this topic

I looked to see if this is a thread but didn't find it so if it is...sorry!

Does anyone know or have an idea of the song they want for their first dance or while walking down the isle? (If you're a guy and have one feel free to answer. I couldn't figure out the best place to put this.)

Edit: I guess I could actually answer :)

I'd want the song to be The Gambler by f.u.n. (It's not what it sounds like.)

I also like I'll Cover You from Rent (but The Gambler would be my number 1)

4 people like this

I have so many ideas for wedding songs!  

Here's one which we as waiters can all relate to ;)

I also really love this, maybe not as a first dance, but I'd like to include it at some point during the day (if it's good enough for Kate and Wills, it's good enough for me!):

1 person likes this

My husband and I spent forever looking up songs for our first dance. We took a few dance lessons in preparation, and we decided to do a waltz because my husband was able to do it the best. He doesn't have my ten years of dance training (and a lifetime of dancing for fun!), so we needed a dance that he could feel comfortable doing. Other than choosing a waltz, our only criteria was a gender-neutral song or a duet. So many beautiful love songs are just a man singing about or to a woman, or vice versa. We wanted a song that expressed the feelings of a man and a woman in love.

Proof that my husband really truly loves me is that after turning down the classic Disney songs I suggested, he agreed to, "Can I Have This Dance?" from High School Musical 3.

2 people like this

Etta James has topped my wedding song list for years!! Also, the song from the ball in Cinderella...So this is love<3

And Never by Jahiem...plus a gazillion more...we will dance all night!!

1 person likes this

I'll go for the classic I will always love you -Whitney Houston also as huge fan

or just From this moment on by Shania Twain, or Tonight I celebrate my love for you!!! ^_^

2 people like this

I found another one I likeFrank Sinatra - "For Once In My Life" (Concert Co…:

Ours is gonna be "Home to You" by John Michael Montgomery. We're both country music fans and the song describes a lot of our feelings towards each other very well. It fits :)

Edit: Here it is...

3 people like this

I'm so embarrassed by this. Don't judge me.... :blush:

Love this song! First time hearing it but I think it's beautiful :D

1 person likes this

This is to be announced. I want it to be something that means a lot to both of us. Like the first song we dance to or something that was playing when we met, etc. So yeah, this will have to wait.