Weapon X

What do you do for work?

33 posts in this topic

We may all be the same in that we're waiters, but I bet the jobs we hold give us all unique experiences every day we go to work.

I work for an ice cream company. I work where they store the ice cream for shipping. It's very cold. I'm only doing it part-time since I'm also a student.

What do you do for work?

2 people like this

I am a Chemical Engineering Technologist for a company that makes mining explosives. I work in the R&D department where we develop new products or assist the plants in their production issues.

3 people like this

hit woman

Nah, right now I am subbing. Its only until I can get a job in social work though. 

3 people like this

In case the name doesn't give it away, ... I "drive" a bus up at FL300 (30,000 feet).

But lately I've been exploring the career I actually studied in college, Nursing.

Though I'd trade with Weapon X any day, who needs free flights bennies when there's ice cream, seriously.

4 people like this

I'm currently a couch warmer. Hard job but somebody has to do it. I'm also a student

4 people like this

Stunt double for animated characters.  Whenever you see e.g. the minions doing dangerous stunts, it's really me in a minion costume.... 

c750dd1981d2cf4eb78e2697b01cf6f1.jpg

Actually, I really do a little animation among a million other things.  But not the minions, though they are so well done.

7 people like this

I'm a Cashier. Whee! Please save me

6 people like this

By night though I fight evil by flying across buildings with my cape. Bam!!!!

3 people like this

I made music for a game once but the project was scrapped lol..
They gave me a copy of Borderlands 2 as payment xD so it was still pretty much a win for me

2 people like this

I'm what you call a Brilliant Unemployed Man...or BUM for short.

12 people like this

Francois that's so cool! What did you get your degree in? (Hope I'm not asking a dumb question). Since some engineers work in jobs other than their real discipline.

Finance. Specifically, I help clients manage their 401(k) accounts so that their retirements are amazeballs.

3 people like this

Francois that's so cool! What did you get your degree in? (Hope I'm not asking a dumb question). Since some engineers work in jobs other than their real discipline.

Its okay, I know many people that is doing something different than what they got degrees in. I have my Bachelours in Chemical Engineering or B.Eng (Chemical). I plan to go onto my masters some time.

3 people like this

I am also working the same job as (and therefore a colleague of) Diva and DayDreamer  B) [My title for when I'm working this job is J'Dreamer haha  ;) ] I'd really like to find another job though.  I really wanna do something which allows me to get out of the house and develop/use new skills. Not even looking for anything in particular either. Something fast paced and straightforward like waitressing, barista-ing, fast food working etc. I think would be a good option for me.  

Thing is, I get pretty OCD when I think about my future so I start thinking things like "what if that'll look bad on my resume and no one will take me seriously?" which then escalates to "I'll never have a career that will give me a stable life and I'll be seen as an eternal loser" :( After that starts, not only do I give up on finding one of those jobs but any job altogether  :blush: so I think it's clear that that's not really a healthy way of thinking...

I think what I should do is just go for it and at the same time focus on finishing my degree i(n linguistics) Even if it may not give me tons of experience to language related stuff, it'll still help me communicate and interact with people better (not to mention better at receiving and following orders!!!) That's something that'll particularly be useful even when just looking for a job.  Also, the money I earn could go to things like taking a certain class (if I need one in a particular job) I think the more independent I become, the less difficult all of this will seem  B)

1 person likes this

I work for an Acura/Honda Dealership and I am also a Clinical Staff Supervisor in the Women's Center at a Rescue Mission.

I work for an Acura/Honda Dealership.

I hate dealerships. They're just there to screw you over. I've had only negative experiences with salesmen and those working in the service department.

I made music for a game once but the project was scrapped lol..

They gave me a copy of Borderlands 2 as payment xD so it was still pretty much a win for me

Update: they restarted the company and we've nearly finished an android/iphone app game :) I'm sound director for this project, maybe future ones too.

4 people like this

This summer, I work as a hostess. Never dreaded going in to work so much. lol But where I work, we do a lot more than just typical hostessing. We're also responsible for drinks, going around with coffee, and busing the tables, in addition to all the normal hostess stuff.

This is pretty much the only time I've ever not liked working. I've been a cashier before, and a clerk, but even those jobs which many people complain about I still found enjoyment in. I'm so thankful this is only a summer job and that it's almost over. haha

When I go back to school, I'll be working as an accounting tutor, office assistant, and business manager of the student government. And if I somehow manage to fit in the hours, possibly a lab monitor too. So yeah, I could be working 3-4 jobs once fall semester starts. lol

2 people like this

When I go back to school, I'll be working as an accounting tutor, office assistant, and business manager of the student government. And if I somehow manage to fit in the hours, possibly a lab monitor too. So yeah, I could be working 3-4 jobs once fall semester starts. lol

Oh my gosh, you're awesome \m/