Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Musteizer

Bonjour à tous!

23 posts in this topic

Hello/Bonjour/Goedendag/Salaam 'Aleikoem

A new member here, my name is Mustafa and I'm 22 years old. Born in the Netherlands with Moroccan origins, but now living in France for my studies of Nuclear Engineering.

I saw this site a while ago and liked the fact that there are still like minded people on the subject. So I am excited to meet some of you here.

5 people like this

BONJOUR! Welcome to the community Mustafa!

It's nice to have a newbie to pick on! I'm (as you've probably already guessed) Jasmine!

1 person likes this

Welcome, Mustafa! I hope enjoy the site and please be part in our chats, discussions, and any other activity that might catch your interest.

1 person likes this

Bienvenue!!!  Glad you are excited to be here cause I can tell you...it's pretty fun :) Especially the chat so hopefully we will catch you on there some nights!!!

Wow!!!  Seems like you know several languages!!! I do as well and am always interested in improving them/learning new ones.  Especially french!!! I feel really bad that I'm not so good at speaking it :( I'd also be very interested in learning Dutch (I already know German) and Arabic  B)

1 person likes this

Bienvenue! Les gens sur ce site sont gentils. Mais il y a quelques conversations très passionné, avec quelques gens qui n'aiment pas les autres angles de vues.

Mon mari est ingénieur en génie civil. :)

1 person likes this

Bienvenue! Les gens sur ce site sont gentils. Mais il y a quelques conversations très passionné, avec quelques gens qui n'aiment pas les autres angles de vues.

lol, don´t scare him ;)

You´re maybe right, though.

I just want to add politely, that also many people on this site are able to look past differences and are quite open-minded and eager to challenge themselves with some new perspectives on different topics.

We are all so different, but yet united by this rare value of WTM. Our diversity can also be a strength of this community.

I hope this site will always be a support group first and foremost, no matter how different we may be and how heated and passionate discussions might get.

In this spirit:

Welcome to the WTM-Family, Musteizer!

We are glad to have you here!

^_^

2 people like this

lol, don´t scare him ;)

You´re maybe right, though.

I just want to add politely, that also many people on this site are able to look past differences and are quite open-minded and eager to challenge themselves with some new perspectives on different topics.

We are all so different, but yet united by this rare value of WTM. Our diversity can also be a strength of this community.

I hope this site will always be a support group first and foremost, no matter how different we may be and how heated and passionate discussions might get.

Based on the private messages I've received from people uncomfortable sharing their true opinions, because they don't agree with the conservative majority, I'd have to disagree on the "open-minded" bit.

Based on the private messages I've received from people uncomfortable sharing their true opinions, because they don't agree with the conservative majority, I'd have to disagree on the "open-minded" bit.

Don´t know if I got you right.

When people talk to you in private messages and say, that they are uncomfortable talking about their true opinions on the forums, because of the conservative majority, well…then there you have it:

There are open-minded people, too. Less conservative. They exist. Even on that site. That´s all I wanted to say to Musteizer.

When you mean that the conservative majority (whoever that is), doesn´t like other opinions, then I said in my previous post, that you are maybe true, but that doesn´t certainly apply to everyone, who seems to be more conservative. Just wanted to point this out very clearly for our new member, who started this thread.

I can only speak from my own experience and in the last 2 years I´ve been a member on here, I met many „conservative“ people, who are pretty open-minded, and yes, many who are closed-minded.

On the other hand, I also met many „liberal“ people, who are also open-minded or sometimes really closed-minded, claiming that their opinion is the universal truth.

What I´m saying is, that being closed-minded, open-minded or letting other opinions be heard and count isn´t necessarily caused by being liberal or conservative. Sure, it can be a factor, but it always depends on the person as a whole, if they let other opinions be valid, too, or if they dismiss them from the outset.

I said, I agree with you.

I just wanted to point out for Musteizer, that there are also people on this site, who actually are okay with other opinions that differ from their own.

If I introduced myself to a forum and the welcome greeting is like: „Hello and welcome….oh by the way, there are some people, who don´t like different point of views….“

Then I would feel weird and think: „Ok, so that´s probably a very important, if not the most important, characteristic of this site, when people feel the need to say something like this to me as one of the very first things, that there is to say about this site.

Where the heck did I just signed up to?“

So I just wanted to add to your post, that there are also many people on this site, who can accept other opinions. Liberal people as well as conservative people.

Just as an additional information for Musteizer. To prevent, that he gets a totally onesided impression of the members on here.

That was the only reason, why I said something, in the first place.

As far as I can see it, you are a member here for only approximately 1.5 months. So I sincerely wish and hope for you, that you, too, will also have the pleasure to meet many more open-minded people on here in the future. All the best.

2 people like this

+1

Open minded is not a word combination I would use. While I don't care how people see my opinions, there are others who are more liberal who do, and do not share full opinions.

1 person likes this

Yeah, you are probably right, Josh. "Open-minded" might not be the best word combination.

I still don´t get what all of this has to do with being liberal or conservative.

I just wanted to prevent that Musteizer gets a wrong impression of the members on here. That was all.

Didn´t want to start a discussion about the members on here.

I think, there is some talking past eachother regarding this topic here, though.