Mike

How do you get here?

34 posts in this topic

Quick poll everybody: How do you get to WTM.org when you want to see it? Did you book mark the forums? Did you bookmark the home page? Do you start typing Waitingtil...? Or forums.waiting...?

I'm about to start working on a big redesign (well, about to pickup where I left off). If there's anything else you guys would like to see (besides more dating features; that's coming after the redesign), now's the time to tell me! Do you ever have trouble finding things? Or hearing about new articles? That kind of stuff.

I bookmark the forums.

Member's updates are kind of hard to find. I usually go to my own and then click on it, then I go to "all members updates" Seems like it should be more easily seen though.

3 people like this

On my tablet I have it bookmarked and on my laptop I go to browser history.

1 person likes this

Vast majority of the time it's from my phone.  I always have countless tabs open and I always leave wtm.org running in the background (not the greatest idea when you need to be productive at work, but I'm addicted, so whatever). The few times that I have no tabs open and I actually have to type something, I type "waitingtill..."   I just realized I don't have this site bookmarked. I will bookmark the home page. 

I wouldn't say I have trouble finding the articles but I'd like to see more? You're insanely busy, Mike so I understand if that can't happen.  I may be in the minority but those articles are food for my soul. I still remember how I found this site: googling "benefits of waiting till marriage", and my favorite article  (Top 11 Awesome Benefits..) popped up :D . The rest is history.   

10 people like this

It's in my history so I type "wai" and then the site link appears

5 people like this

I bookmark the site.

I also agree with Olivier; I enjoy reading the articles.

4 people like this

I bookmarked the site... home page... I should fix it for the forums too but yea I go here more than Facebook and Twitter so yay!? Lol

1 person likes this

I type in "wa" and it comes up. The other day I typed "f", meaning to go on Facebook, and the first web address that appeared was this site… I guess that means I'm on here too much :P

2 people like this

This site is the first thing that autocompletes when I type "w" into my address box (I come here via Google Chrome both on my Macbook and my iPhone, if that's relevant at all).

2 people like this

As soon as I type "w" a link to the forums shows up in my address bar (Firefox).  Also, ditto on having more articles, that's one of the main reasons I decided to check out the forums.  Was Googling some stuff on abstinence, came across the articles, got hooked, and here we are!

3 people like this

I have is booked marked as well for my computer. But for my phone( which I use a lot!) I am very much the same as Olivier! I leave taps open in my web browser and just click on the tap that has this site loaded on it :D If I need to search in Google for this site, I write "waitingtillmarriage" and your site site is the first suggestion!

Hope that helps you Mike :D

2 people like this

Laptop: I bookmarked the "New Content" page.

Tablet/phone: I type "f" and the site comes up

1 person likes this

search bar entry....   no bookmark i'm afraid!

2 people like this

I alternate between my bookmark of the homepage and just typing in wtm.org

1 person likes this

I have the forum bookmarked on my laptop. I have the forum bookmarked on my phone as well. I mostly use it from my phone. Like 95% of the time.

If I have 2 posts on one topic and someone liked one of them. There's no way of knowing which post they liked while on mobile.

1 person likes this

Ok that was insanely helpful. Thanks, everybody! Feel free to keep adding suggestions if you think of other stuff.

@Nicole - You mean status updates, right? I can make those more prominent.

@Olivier, Chris, and Buster - I'm so glad you like the articles! I have a few big new articles I want to write/launch to coronate the redesign. Also, member blogs will have a bigger place after the redesign, so it'll be easier for everybody to write (without waiting on me to publish them).

@Weapon X - Better mobile compatibility is my #1 priority in the redesign, so that should help with your situation. But it won't help the "don't know which post out of 2 is liked on mobile" issue. That's in the forum software, sorry! I'm sure they'll eventually fix that in an update.

Bookmark for the WTM homepage. Right in between the bookmarks for Catholic Answers and Wikipedia...

xxx

5 people like this

I usually type "wai" because "w" comes up with will.i.am and "wa" sometimes becomes "watch anime"

1 person likes this

I google search it everytime on my phone. I clear it from my history regularly, it's a secret no one must know.

1 person likes this

I'm a Chrome user, so I just start typing waiti.. and it's in the history on both my Tablet and smartphone, and on the rare occasion I drag out my laptop there also.

(By the way they're all non Apple products, down with the trend)