DanceSingLove

I'm engaged!!

30 posts in this topic

As of almost a week ago :) 

We are also about to close the distance in our nearly 5.5 year relationship that has been primarily long distance!! So much excitement right now! 

We started out being 2.5 hours drive apart the first year, then 3.5 hour drive the next 3 years until he graduated college and this last year of my college we were an 8 hour drive (or a short plane ride) apart.

We have literally been talking about wanting to get married since we had been together for one year (when I was a senior in HS), so getting engaged was no surprise :) I even picked out the ring myself (followed by a 14-week wait for them to completely remake it in my size.. my hands are tiny, had to be a size 4 :P)  but it was so worth EVERYTHING!

It actually feels very strange to be able to talk about a wedding with family/friends, but its just normal between us since we talked about it all the time before as well  :wub:  :) We are hoping for June 6th of 2015! Just something small. A big wedding is not us, nor will we have the funds for that... I want just a ceremony at the church I grew up in (or maybe his) and then a dessert/cake reception for everybody afterwards. Later that evening a dinner at a semi-formal restaurant for family and close friends only :) That is much more "us" IMO :) No crazy dancing, drinking, garter tosses... I don't like that much attention on myself...

Just wanted to share!  :wub:  :D

21 people like this

Wow!! That is so very exciting!!! Congratulations and I wish you the best :D

Congratulations! I've been in pretty much exactly your same situation, so I know how hard it can be. Glad to hear of another HS sweetheart couple who is working their way to the alter!

Congratulations! So happy for you! May your marriage be filled with love honor and lots of passion! God bless! ♡♡♡♡

It actually feels very strange to be able to talk about a wedding with family/friends, but its just normal between us since we talked about it all the time before as well  :wub:   :) We are hoping for June 6th of 2015! Just something small. A big wedding is not us, nor will we have the funds for

I wish you are the best with him :)

It is happening next year or this year?

Thank you everyone!!

I wish you are the best with him :)

It is happening next year or this year?

Next year :) Just a bit over a year away! :) Neither of us wanted a winter wedding and we think it would be too rushed to try to get things planned for this fall. Also, his parents wanted us to wait until I have a full time job and my internship goes through december and is unpaid so need to wait until I finish that. And the now fiance really wanted to be engaged for at least 10-12 months so respecting that :) so lots of reasons to wait for another year. Just having an actual date/plan is SO exciting! Hopefully we can get it on the calender soon.

2 people like this

Congratulations! You are about to enter an exciting part of life that we hope to have for ourselves one day.