Sophie

Alcohol/Drinking

101 posts in this topic

i'm a social drinker. but i do indulge in a glass or two or three of wine....

1 person likes this

I personally don't buy the whole "you do things you wouldn't ordinarily do" if you're under the influence.

Well it is true, when you drink the decision making part if your brain is severely affected, countless studies of the brain have proved it true.

I have never drank alcohol. I have had a drop on my lips, thanks to my best friend who was a wild girl at the time and thought it would be funny to put alcohol on my lip because I made the mistake of telling her that I want to be able to say, "No alcohol has ever touched these lips." Not drinking is a personal choice. I have nothing against those who choose to indulge from time to time. Everything in moderation. 

Does your religion not allow consumption of alcohol? I only ask because I think I remember you saying before that you're religion had a connection with Joseph Smith (though it isn't Mormonism), and I know in Mormonism they are not allowed to drink.

Does your religion not allow consumption of alcohol? I only ask because I think I remember you saying before that you're religion had a connection with Joseph Smith (though it isn't Mormonism), and I know in Mormonism they are not allowed to drink.

Well, I thought it did growing up because it was so discouraged by people in my own church but there is no doctrine that tells us not to drink. The Bible talks against drunkenness but that is covered in all Christianity. It turns out, somehow some people had it in their heads that our faith says not to drink and that if you did you must be an evil person. That is untrue though. I have read no such thing in our doctrine and drinking it is perfectly acceptably in our religion as long as it is in moderation. Just be prepared to be judged by those who have a "holier than thou" complex. 

Well, I thought it did growing up because it was so discouraged by people in my own church but there is no doctrine that tells us not to drink. The Bible talks against drunkenness but that is covered in all Christianity. It turns out, somehow some people had it in their heads that our faith says not to drink and that if you did you must be an evil person. That is untrue though. I have read no such thing in our doctrine and drinking it is perfectly acceptably in our religion as long as it is in moderation. Just be prepared to be judged by those who have a "holier than thou" complex. 

Since alcohol has touched your lips, clearly you are the embodiment of evil.

2 people like this

i'm a social drinker. but i do indulge in a glass or two or three of wine....

Neen... you social drinker.. I'm telling your parents asap!! hehehehe

Personally I don't drink at all. The only vodka I drink is WATER. And fruit juice is my Johnny Walker.. It takes time to get your body in shape surely don't want to mess it up. When I finished highschool a friend gave me a glass of champagne and it made me sick. In 2008 I visited a friend and I didn't know he poured alcohol in my orange juice. I took a sip, and the taste was utterly strong. So what I did I finished the fruit juice "concoction" because I don't want the juice go to waste, but made me lil bit tipsy. But in overall .. you wont find me in a liquor store buying booze. I don't mind if "friends" drink in front of me either. But there are perks.

There are three things I don't like in my body:

> Cigarettes [never tried.. and never will]

> Alcohol [not a huge fan of it]

> Steroids

3 people like this

eugene, just taste some of my poison. you wont be telling anyone anything haha.

1 person likes this

I'm only 20 so I'm not legal yet, but even then I don't think I will. Ive had sips of beer and wine from family members but I really didnt like it. I'm also never going to get drunk. I just would not like it

As a follow up question to the people who dont drink of won't drink, has anyone ever gotten mad at you for it? I've had friends get really angry because now they can't "hang out with me and go out with me" because I won't drink and apparently that will ruin their night. Am I alone on this?

1 person likes this

eugene, just taste some of my poison. you wont be telling anyone anything haha.

Hehehehe Neen hehehe... that slow poison of yours .. my lips shall not taste :P

As a follow up question to the people who dont drink of won't drink, has anyone ever gotten mad at you for it?

Nope.. because I dont have plenty of friends. If they want to drink.. they can drink. I'll rather enjoy my glass of water thank you :)

I don't drink alcohol because it is against my religion, but even if it were allowed, I don't think I'd try it. I just don't find it appealing in any way.

1 person likes this

I'm only 20 so I'm not legal yet, but even then I don't think I will. Ive had sips of beer and wine from family members but I really didnt like it. I'm also never going to get drunk. I just would not like it

As a follow up question to the people who dont drink of won't drink, has anyone ever gotten mad at you for it? I've had friends get really angry because now they can't "hang out with me and go out with me" because I won't drink and apparently that will ruin their night. Am I alone on this?

When I went on a trip with a club from my college a few people I was with got frustrated that I didn't drink when I went out with them.

I see no point in drinking alcohol, but i have tried some vodka and brandy, and they really don't taste good. It baffles me why people drink alcohol regularly but I'm not bothered by it as long as the don't get s*%$faced. 

Vodka alone is probably the worst tasting thing on earth. And brandy is too strong, but flavored drinks are really good, like Kool-Aid :D

I am 29 and haven't been drunk ever. Some people at work called me a priest when I told them. LOL. It is not that I haven't drank before. The most I drank was a few small glasses of champagne on a wedding. But still not enough to get drunk I guess. It made me feel funny though. Now and then I would drink something small but only half a glass. Usually it is only when someone poored it already and gives it to me. But that is very seldom. To be honest I hate the taste of alcohol.

1 person likes this

Hmmm...interesting that there is such an overlap between WTM and not drinking! I go out for drinks maybe once or twice a month, but I very rarely get drunk. It's more of a social thing, with my friends/co-workers. And I have some friends who brew their own beer, so of course we drink that too!

I think I've always had good judgment when it comes to drinking, I've always been safe and never did anything I regretted. So I don't see a problem with it :)

Don't hang out with those people who get angry at you for not drinking. That is simply none of their business. Surround yourself around those who share similar interests as you.

3 people like this

I tried to smoke a cigarette once. I didn't know if you're supposed to blow on it or suck it. I took one puff and then threw it away.

I have plenty of alcohol in my house mostly vodka or some sort of liquor. I've tried to get drunk twice but it didn't work. My body isn't used to the alcohol so before I can get drunk I get sick. My goal was to get drunk then drive in a video game lol.

If anyone asks though I say I don't do drugs of any sort because I don't drink regularly. Maybe 1 shot a year lol.

I despise alcohol.  I have never willingly drank alcohol in my life.  I say willingly because when I was probably four I had some forced down me.  Apart from that I've never had it and never plan to.  I've never been in a bar or club where alcohol is served and never plan to go to one either.

My mother was severely alcoholic and that tore our family apart and made my childhood a living hell.  It made a great deal of my adulthood very unpleasant as well.  Both of my brothers are alcoholics and both are behind bars right now because of things they did while drunk.  One is serving time for multiple DWI's and the other is serving time because he killed a young mother while driving drunk.

I don't like to be around alcohol.  I don't allow it in my home.  I especially do not like to be around anyone who is drinking, even casually and in moderation.

When it comes to finding a mate, a woman who drinks -- even rarely -- I would struggle immensely with that aspect of her life.  I have tried to be OK with women who drink in extreme moderation and don't get drunk simply because I would be eliminating a lot of good women who might make an amazing wonderful spouse for me.  I have found it very difficult.  Women that I have found myself very attracted to, when they would have a drink it made me very uneasy and uncomfortable.  It simply did not sit well with me at all.  I'm not saying that I wouldn't consider a woman who drank in extreme moderation but, I would need her to seriously consider giving it up entirely for my sake.

I was at a family reunion today and while there were a fair number of people sitting around drinking, I spoke with a number of relatives -- some of them old timers -- who have never taken a sip of alcohol and really do hate the stuff.

I don't ever recall anyone actually getting mad at me for not drinking alcohol with them.  I've had co-workers who tried to convince me to drink and go to bars with them but, none who became mad over it.  I've had plenty of immediate family members who tried to convince me to drink with them and were frustrated that I wouldn't but, they didn't get mad.

5 people like this

I have tried fruit flavor things (like a sip or two), or sips of friend's drinks probably three times in my life when I was over the age of 21. But I don't like the flavor of alcohol, and have never been drunk.

I started drinking with my friends when I was 16, and we'd get tipsy maybe once every two weeks at a party or someone's house. Nothing too wild. When university started, I started drinking a lot more, maybe 4 or 5 times a month. I rarely ever get flat-out drunk. That's happened maybe three times in my life. I prefer to get very happy and tipsy and not wake up with a hangover the next day. Luckily I know what types of alcohol to avoid from experience and I never mix my alcohol. If I'm drinking, I will only drink the same concoction throughout the night and that definitely helps with the feeling of sickness. If I'm drinking wine, I stick to wine, etc. I guess I'm a wild child compared to you guys. 

I also order drinks when I'm out to dinner with my friends. I love margaritas, Long Island iced teas, mojitos, and cosmopolitans! Caloric content is through the roof, though!

I don't need alcohol to be a fun person--I am the opposite of boring--but I love how social it is. Every single one of my friends drink regularly. We're not out of control, we're just...cool college kids, I guess? Some people are just plain old bad drinkers--they make out with people's boyfriends or get violent or get too emotional. I'm a good drinker: I usually don't make stupid mistakes. A few drunk "I miss you so much" texts but nothing more than that. Make sure you have a few good girl friends out with you when you drink, though! Just in case. 

I drink about once a year lol and that'll be 1 or 2 drinks on that same occasion. So I'm not teetotal but practically. I'm thinking of being teetotal to be honest because I don't even like alcohol and it's not good for my health. When I do drink though I make sure I don't get drunk and that I'm always fully aware of everything that's happening. If I get a bit tipsy I try and sober up at that point.

I only drink socially even though I'm not 21 :P I've gone to a few parties and gotten absolutely hammered.

I only drink socially even though I'm not 21 :P I've gone to a few parties and gotten absolutely hammered.

Heheheheh Im going to call the cops mstr Josh hehehe "ID and registration please"

I don't drink, I guess I hanged out with the wrong crowd when I were young...  :superwaiter:

1 person likes this