shaneb

a great article

17 posts in this topic

Nice article! Although, don't read the comments...

xxx

8 people like this

Although, don't read the comments...

I pretty much follow that rule for most of the internet! :)

4 people like this

xxx

The author is really pretty that's why they're so pressed.

2 people like this

Thanks for sharing this article - I love her attitude towards waiting and life in general. Also, it's good to hear from a fellow 29 year old female waiter!

4 people like this

Great article. It's not easy but it's honorable to wait.

xxx

Too late. I read a few. GRRR! The article was great, tho! @shaneb I beleive i'll be following your 'don't read the comments' thing from now on, lol

1 person likes this

Too late. I read a few. GRRR! The article was great, tho! @shaneb I beleive i'll be following your 'don't read the comments' thing from now on, lol

Oh nooooooo!!  Stay away from comments!  :)

1 person likes this

I thought the article was really good.  I honestly don't mind reading the comments even though most of them made me go:

sMLkthl.png

It's always interesting learning how other people think, plus there's some positive comments to balance out the foolishness lol.

2 people like this

I've never been able to stay away from comment sections. So I'll probably be sitting down later to put more thought into considering/critiquing their arguments and reasoning than I probably should just for my own encouragement.

2 people like this

I've never been able to stay away from comment sections. So I'll probably be sitting down later to put more thought into considering/critiquing their arguments and reasoning than I probably should just for my own encouragement.

The problem with their arguments is they are judging her decision based on their own personal views and sensibilities, which is simply ridiculous. What's best for one person isn't necessarily best for the next.

1 person likes this

Beautiful article, Shane :) It really lifted my spirits.  I too love her attitude as well as her constant emphasis about this being a  deeply personal decision and one that enriches her happiness. She seems very similar to me.  1, 3 and 7 exactly describe certain beliefs I have..

Haha I was planning to have a peak at the comments but they didn't load.  Maybe I'm some how being "protected" lol I used to get anxious about reading critical comments but now I just kinda brush it off.  Still I'm glad the tranquility that this article brought me wasn't disturbed.  I can't understand how anyone can criticizes this girl.  Her comments weren't "holier than thou" or preachy in any way.  She just wants respect.  I guess some folks don't quite get what that means..  :wacko:

The problem with their arguments is they are judging her decision based on their own personal views and sensibilities, which is simply ridiculous. What's best for one person isn't necessarily best for the next.

I know, it's just that I am a habitual doubter of most major choices, WTM being no exception. I have to thoroughly reevaluate the decision and whether it's the best one for me on a maybe-too-regular basis, and comments such as some of the more thoughtful ones on the article can trigger some doubt. I've yet to reevaluate and come close to changing my mind, but that doesn't seem to prevent me from having to reevaluate. Â¯\(O_o)/¯

1 person likes this

Thanks for sharing this article - I love her attitude towards waiting and life in general. Also, it's good to hear from a fellow 29 year old female waiter!

Yep me too! I Looked at the title of the article and was thought, "Hey I'm a 29 year old waiter too!"

2 people like this