Jasmine23

Techniques

15 posts in this topic

What techniques do you all use when you struggle with waiting?

Exercise and praying. And try to avoid bad influences. I find when I am not praying as much I start to travel on the wrong path, but God keeps whisper wrong direction to me :)

I do that! Praying especially and the exercising.... Well I do dancing and weight lifting! Or I read a book!

1 person likes this

I was running a lot, but I stopped when I moved to a shadey part of town. I've started doing non meditative yago. That really focusing and relaxing, and starting to get my muscles back! Next its running again :D

Talk to jerks who "only want one thing". They'll remind you why you are waiting and maybe make you not want to be near guys for a while. lol

8 people like this

Talk to jerks who "only want one thing". They'll remind you why you are waiting and maybe make you not want to be near guys for a while. lol

Excuse me, what's wrong with wanting sandwiches from girls? Guys get hungry often, you know :P

7 people like this

Lol envincebAl!....get busy when it gets hard to wait...sex will go to the bAck of your mind(or not)

1 person likes this

This may sound hard but accept that "you may end up alone" This doesn't exactly mean what it sounds like.  What I mean by it is think of all the positives that may come out of staying single for life.  Like for me, I will be proud of myself for having stayed true to my beliefs and not compromised despite the fact that I'd have to end up sacrificing something I've dreamt about and hoped for all my life.  I'll get to keep my "space" as well. I'm someone who needs their alone time for a little while each day.  I sometimes get nervous about having to compromise for that. Also, your finances are all yours!! You'll get to maybe do things  that you wouldn't able to do other wise if you had to save and support your family.  Finally you'll always have your great friends and will have limitless time for them :)

Even if you do think this way, by no means will it guarantee you end up alone. Not at all,  It just may give some comfort as you have the thought  and prevent you from getting too depressed about it.  However, believe me if who you are as a person attracts the attention of decent people, you will likely find someone who'll like that enough to commit to you eventually. It may take a while but I'm sure it'll happen. I'm sure it'll happen to me but yeah....if it doesn't, it won't be so bad  :D

4 people like this

When I'm struggling I imagine myself with a girlfriend and I'm like F that! I'm 23, unlike my friends I don't have to deal with hanging out with someone everyday. I don't have to spend money on another. I'm only responsible for myself. Sure being in love would be great but at my age it would be a distraction and hinder me, oh and the whole having sex, getting her pregnant, but not sure if I want to put a ring on it ordeal would be too much and waiting is a great way of avoiding some very expensive consequences.

So in short I just imagine all the negatives of not waiting and even more so the negatives that come with being in a relationship at a time you don't want one.

1 person likes this

I focus on myself so that when I finally meet or start dating my furture wife I'm the best person I can be. I just try to work on me like I said and try to be the best godly guy I can.

4 people like this

I focus on myself so that when I finally meet or start dating my furture wife I'm the best person I can be. I just try to work on me like I said and try to be the best godly guy I can.

This is what I focus on to :) I try to live my life in a way that will make me the best person possible for my future husband.  

2 people like this

For me, the strategy used to be simple: remain unattractive to women. I didn't even have to work hard at it!

Since I've gotten more attention from ladies lately, my strategy is to focus on what's more important.

I do calisthenic resistance training 4 times a week, because I want to be able to protect others.  To me, saving someone's life is more important than having sex. So I prioritize.

4 people like this

I dont know, I really don't do anything. I like to go out, I like to flirt. IDK, I just know what I want and dont want. Most guys I meet want sex 1st. One guy put in as "test drive before commit" to make ahe we blend well. That is def not what I want. Im also a germaphob (sp?). I just think of all the diseases they may have sleeping around with ppl and who else am I sleeping with when im with you? If you so easily willing to sleep with me, you are with everyone else. The thought of that keeps me from indulging.

1 person likes this

. Im also a germaphob (sp?). I just think of all the diseases they may have sleeping around with ppl and who else am I sleeping with when im with you? If you so easily willing to sleep with me, you are with everyone else. The thought of that keeps me from indulging.

I laughed at this because this is so me, when men approach me in a sexual manner(wanting me to go home with them) im immediately repulsed and I start to think of the germs this man could have. I think to myself "how can you just play around with different ppl and their bodily fluids" it just disgusts me, its so unsanitary. I cant stand when a guy grabs my hand and I don't know him. Ppl are just nasty, and we dont know what diseases they have or what germs they carry. Eww recently this annoying guy in my squadron tried to follow me to my room ugghhh! I just wanted to punch him, for him to think id ever wanna touch him with a 10 foot pole knowing he sleeps around yuck!

im so sick of it being socially acceptable to be so nasty and everyone expecting me to be the same no thanks.

2 people like this