__Egirly__

Random Thoughts

1,078 posts in this topic

So, I'm 34 and still waiting. Most of my family, and friends, are convinced that I'm never going to find anyone... honestly, sometimes, so am I. Still, I see these things on facebook, and I get the urge to share them... just to see what reaction I'd get from people. he he he :)

10418182_933003813380103_239847312551757

4 people like this

"One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no,' I said. 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down, he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late."

It is but a small glimpse of my homeland, a small glimpse of a nation, people and culture that's all gone which makes it even more precious. I wish this Germany still existed. I have no words to describe my reaction to this small glimpse of a bygone era to this small glimpse of my long gone homeland  except.....tears.  

1 person likes this

That feeling when an older guy at your church brags about the fact that you're a virgin WTM to other guys at church whenever he gets the chance.  I get that it's a compliment (and certainly much better than ridicule) but sometimes I'm like  :superwaiter:

3 people like this

That feeling when an older guy at your church brags about the fact that you're a virgin WTM to other guys at church whenever he gets the chance.  I get that it's a compliment (and certainly much better than ridicule) but sometimes I'm like  :superwaiter:

My parents do that to my siblings and I really get ridiculed. :( But I enjoy the hate haha :D

1 person likes this

I spent about 12 hours today reading Uncle Tom's Cabin and Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass for my history class, and now I'm feeling angry at the world for having allowed such things to exist.

I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?" "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet. You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times." It was all true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach. He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

1 person likes this

I do not care what my foes say about me. I do not recognize them as my judges. When I see how the same people who exaggeratedly spread incense before me in other days are now vilifying me, the most that I can feel is pity. The bitter things that I hear about myself from home disap point me. God is my witness that I have always wished what was best for my country and my peo ple, and I believed that every German had recog nized and appreciated this. I have always tried to keep my political acts, everything that I did as a ruler and a man, in harmony with God's com mandments. Much turned out differently from what I desired, but my conscience is clean. The welfare of my people and my Empire <was the goal of my actions. I bear my personal fate with resignation, for the Lord knows what He does and what He wishes. He knows why He subjects me to this test. I shall bear everything with patience and await what soever God still holds in store for me. The only thing that grieves me is the fate of my country and my people. I am pained at the hard period of trial which my children of the German land are undergoing, which I obliged to live in foreign parts cannot suffer with them. That is the sword thrust which pierces through my soul; that is what is bitter to me. Here in solitude I still feel and think solely for the German people, still wonder how I can better matters and help with enlightenment and counsel. 

-Kaiser's Memoirs

WILHELM II Emperor of Germany 1888-1918

I do not care what my foes say about me. I do

not recognize them as my judges. When I see

how the same people who exaggeratedly spread

incense before me in other days are now vilifying

me, the most that I can feel is pity. The bitter

things that I hear about myself from home disap

point me. God is my witness that I have always

wished what was best for my country and my peo

ple, and I believed that every German had recog

nized and appreciated this. I have always tried

to keep my political acts, everything that I did as

a ruler and a man, in harmony with God's com

mandments. Much turned out differently from

what I desired, but my conscience is clean. The

welfare of my people and my Empire <was the goal

of my actions.

I bear my personal fate with resignation, for the

Lord knows what He does and what He wishes.

He knows why He subjects me to this test. I shall

bear everything with patience and await what

soever God still holds in store for me.

The only thing that grieves me is the fate of my

country and my people. I am pained at the hard

period of trial which my children of the German

land are undergoing, which I obliged to live in

foreign parts cannot suffer with them. That is

the sword thrust which pierces through my soul;

that is what is bitter to me. Here in solitude I still

feel and think solely for the German people, still

wonder how I can better matters and help with

enlightenment and counsel.

-Kaiser's Memoirs

WILHELM II

Emperor of Germany 1888-1918

I wish I could have met this brilliant writer. This is amazing!

1 person likes this

Has this week been completely hellacious for anyone else, or is it just me?

It has been the same for me too. And I work today so its not over with yet.

Has this week been completely hellacious for anyone else, or is it just me?

*raises hand*

Because of where I work (ANA), this Ebola thing has tripled the amount of stuff I have to get done.  I have to put in some hours today as well.  :(

1 person likes this

I'm a little teapot short and stout here his my handle (puts right hand on rignt hip) and here is my spout (doesn't know where he spout is supposed to be)..... la la la la la la LA DI da. Da da da da la di da. Hehehehehe :D

Anyone feel better?

5 people like this

*raises hand*

Because of where I work (ANA), this Ebola thing has tripled the amount of stuff I have to get done. I have to put in some hours today as well. :(

They had to shut some schools down in a couple towns over because a family was on the plane with one of the affected nurses. Now we think everyone with a cough has Ebola :o People at work think I'm crazy for getting on to them for licking their fingers to turn paper over. But since we work with money all day, you don't know where the money has been or what's on it. D:

Ebola only travels though bodily fluids, and can't survive long outside of the human body. So unless the money was soaked in saliva or other fluids, they won't catch it.

2 people like this

Ebola only travels though bodily fluids, and can't survive long outside of the human body. So unless the money was soaked in saliva or other fluids, they won't catch it.

Its not just Ebola I'm worried about though. I have gotten money with blood stains on it multiple times.

Most diseases die by the time things dry out, so lots of worrying for nothing.

1 person likes this

I liked everyone's posts in solidarity, not because I like the fact that your weeks have been awful too! At least we're not alone?

Its not just Ebola I'm worried about though. I have gotten money with blood stains on it multiple times.

That's...really disgusting.  :wacko: I get that no one wants to throw out money, but it seems like there should come a point at which you can't just keep passing it around anymore.... I think you can get bad bills exchanged at banks too, so there's really not much of an excuse.

1 person likes this

I liked everyone's posts in solidarity, not because I like the fact that your weeks have been awful too! At least we're not alone?

That's...really disgusting.  :wacko: I get that no one wants to throw out money, but it seems like there should come a point at which you can't just keep passing it around anymore.... I think you can get bad bills exchanged at banks too, so there's really not much of an excuse.

yup, those suckers go in the 'mute' pile to be sent off to the feds to burn.

And I'd rather be safe then sorry, so I'm going to keep washing my hands multiple times a day :D

I really love Taylor Swift's new song and listen to it about a hundred times a day. Anyone else like it?