__Egirly__

Random Thoughts

1,078 posts in this topic

Sometimes, I think about posting a thread to just say "Hi."

3 people like this

2 hours ago, seabutterfly said:

They have spicy skittles???

Yeah, it's this new flavor called Sweet Heat they released last month. They made spicy Starburst as well, but I haven't tried those yet. 

1 person likes this

I'm so ready to not be sick anymore.

2 people like this

Am I the only person on here who does not give a shit about the Superbowl :lol:?....But I do love watching Baseball and Hockey.

@SG1 I am boycotting the NFL because of the player's disrespect for the flag...

As Hillary would say, I am so Deplorable that I went to work instead of watching that trash...

@Dave1985 Yeah I just never liked the sport...I just always found it boring...As far as the players disrespecting their country...that is pathetic. My dad and his siblings immigrated to the US from North Africa. One reason was because the government was corrupt as hell and dictated everything they could do... their president was in office for nearly 30 years and managed a 99% approval rating lol...After high school, the government told them what jobs they could apply for, how much income they were allowed to make, where they could live, what they could publicly say or not say and et cetera. The other reason was due to religious persecution. They could not get jobs, attend college and were denied housing simply because of their Christian faith. My dad's brother, who was a captain in the US army, recently had a party...calling it his " Coming to America party" It was celebrating his love for the US and when he became a citizen over 50 years ago.

I really don't think some of those players have a clue as to how lucky they are to live in this country. Sure you can be disappointed or not approve of things but you should still recognize the opportunities, freedoms and privileges you have living in the states...if you can't respect your country, then leave. Go live somewhere else where you can show the proper respect. I hear Nigeria, North Korea or Aleppo are great this time of year :P.

1 person likes this

I can't wait till tomorrow! I hope the Falcon Heavy successfully launches and delivers Elon's Tesla Roadster to Mars's orbit!!!! He gives it a 50/50 chance of success so either way it will be exciting! lol

5 hours ago, SG1 said:

@Dave1985 Yeah I just never liked the sport...I just always found it boring...As far as the players disrespecting their country...that is pathetic. My dad and his siblings immigrated to the US from North Africa. One reason was because the government was corrupt as hell and dictated everything they could do... their president was in office for nearly 30 years and managed a 99% approval rating lol...After high school, the government told them what jobs they could apply for, how much income they were allowed to make, where they could live, what they could publicly say or not say and et cetera. The other reason was due to religious persecution. They could not get jobs, attend college and were denied housing simply because of their Christian faith. My dad's brother, who was a captain in the US army, recently had a party...calling it his " Coming to America party" It was celebrating his love for the US and when he became a citizen over 50 years ago.

I really don't think some of those players have a clue as to how lucky they are to live in this country. Sure you can be disappointed or not approve of things but you should still recognize the opportunities, freedoms and privileges you have living in the states...if you can't respect your country, then leave. Go live somewhere else where you can show the proper respect. I hear Nigeria, North Korea or Aleppo are great this time of year :P.

Agreed completely! This country has fallen short of its Constitutional ideals (violations of the 2nd, 4th, 5th, and 10th Amendments are everywhere)... But it is still the most free and prosperous country in the history of the world... I would love to see this country return to its Constitutional roots, but in the meantime, it is still the best country in the world. Nobody that lives here and takes advantage of the many opportunities presented to them should be disrespecting everything that makes America great!

On 2/5/2018 at 2:02 AM, Dave1985 said:

@SG1 I am boycotting the NFL because of the player's disrespect for the flag...

As Hillary would say, I am so Deplorable that I went to work instead of watching that trash...

22 hours ago, SG1 said:

What is disrespectful about the kneeling NFL players? They're protesting an issue they believe needs changing and want America to be better. That seems patriotic. Why is one's conduct during the singing of the national anthem seen as such a significant indicator of one's level of patriotism? How does protesting the way they are protesting mean they aren't grateful they live here and proud of other aspects of their country? 

It seems weird to me that NFL games are used so much as a stage for patriotism anyway. I think it's partly a marketing ploy because their target demographic likes patriotic displays.

Personally, I don't like to say the pledge of allegiance because it feels cult-ish and I feel like having the national anthem sung at every single sports event is over-using it. Doesn't mean I'm not glad I popped out of a vagina here, but it seems weird to me to be ultra-patriotic towards any particular nation. 

I'm all for boycotting the NFL though. I lost interest in football, and I can't watch anymore without thinking about all the brain trauma anyway.

2 people like this

Yeah I have to agree with @Matthew here. They're not burning the flag they're just kneeling reverently as a sign to show their disappointment, because america is amazing and has to them shown injusticd. Now, of course there are hypocrites in the movement, but that doesn't mean the kneeling itself is disgusting. You ask for peaceful protest-this is the definition of it, people also get mad when violence breaks out from marches and such. We are allowed the right to protest, right? Then how are people supposed to do it without getting called unpatriotic when protesting is at the heart of American patriotism?

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, seabutterfly said:

Yeah I have to agree with @Matthew here. They're not burning the flag they're just kneeling reverently as a sign to show their disappointment, because america is amazing and has to them shown injusticd. Now, of course there are hypocrites in the movement, but that doesn't mean the kneeling itself is disgusting. You ask for peaceful protest-this is the definition of it, people also get mad when violence breaks out from marches and such. We are allowed the right to protest, right? Then how are people supposed to do it without getting called unpatriotic when protesting is at the heart of American patriotism?

Nobody is questioning their right to peacefully protest... Almost nobody (except for a few whackos) is even questioning their Constitutional right to disrespect the flag. Once again, almost nobody is demanding they be arrested or charged with a crime. Sure, there are a lot of injustices in the world... Sure things should be a lot better... But the way you go about protesting is what matters.

1 person likes this

Yeah what I'm wondering is what your idea of a good protest is. Because it seems quite peaceful-and not extremely disrespectful. The act of kneeling is actually seen as honorable to me. Like oh mourn the death=kneel. 

It was sunny outside and I had the day off so I decided to detail my dads car.

20170916_131956.jpg

20170916_131943.jpg

20170916_121414.jpg

20170916_121251.jpg

20170916_121201.jpg

20170916_115247.jpg

20170916_115233.jpg

3 people like this

On 2/6/2018 at 5:25 PM, Matthew said:

What is disrespectful about the kneeling NFL players? They're protesting an issue they believe needs changing and want America to be better. That seems patriotic. Why is one's conduct during the singing of the national anthem seen as such a significant indicator of one's level of patriotism? How does protesting the way they are protesting mean they aren't grateful they live here and proud of other aspects of their country?

Sure those players can protest, just do it at an appropriate time. When giving a eulogy or wedding vows, is that an appropriate time to give constructive criticism about the other person? No.

Those players making millions of $ every year, need to take a walk through a veteran’s grave yard and consider the sacrifices those people made. Those men/women severed, fought and died to help preserve the liberties that give those players the lavish life styles, privileges and freedoms they love…Including their right to protest…So the least they can do, is show some respect and protest at a time that is not dedicated to honoring the country and those service men/women.  

Collen Kaepernick wore clothing portraying cops as pigs…there is nothing respectful about that. He has also made statements that are complete nonsense…One of which “There are bodies in the street and people are getting paid to leave and getting away with murder.” He is fueling a false narrative that police officers are senselessly killing blacks because of racism. More than 7800+ black homicides occurred in the US during 2016. Over 90% were committed by other blacks. Police fatally shot 233 blacks which were reported to be armed and dangerous. 16 were unarmed but this means they committed assault or violent resistance against the officer/s. I.e. Michael Brown in 2014.

If these players really cared, then they should be protesting the problem that is killing more 90% of blacks in this country. But instead they'd rather focus on the problem that contributes to less than 1% of black homicide?...that is not the problem that needs protesting.

Yes, policing in this country can be improved upon and so can public awareness/responsibility. Personally, I think certain types of police officers should pass ONGOING jiu-jitsu, wrestling or some other form physical submission training. Due to the added risk of encountering blood born pathogens/bodily harm, cops should also get paid a hell of a lot more.

People also need to teach their children to obey law enforcement. Do what they say and when they say it. Never put your hands on a cop during a confrontation. If you have a problem with the police, then you work to resolve the issue AFTER you’re done dealing with the police….NOT during the encounter. Instead, it seems like some people think they don't have to obey law enforcement when they feel the officers/s are wrong.

2 people like this

On 5/17/2014 at 3:47 PM, Daydreamer said:

I think there is a ghost in my neighbourhood that likes to scream at 3 am in the morning but I'm too scared to look. Maybe I will tonight. If I don't respond here you know what happened.

Don't be scared if you ever see it ask it if it has a body,tell it to go towards the light.some ghosts are lost. If it's a spirit to watch out for it will show it's violent or evil.

On 2/8/2018 at 2:51 AM, Craig said:

It was sunny outside and I had the day off so I decided to detail my dads car.

20170916_131956.jpg

20170916_131943.jpg

20170916_121414.jpg

20170916_121251.jpg

20170916_121201.jpg

20170916_115247.jpg

20170916_115233.jpg

I like the green and white, pretty sweet

1 hour ago, Matthew said:

I like the green and white, pretty sweet

Agreed, a white leather interior is always super nice looking in a car.