__Egirly__

Random Thoughts

1,058 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Adam said:

See, I thought the exact same thing. But then I thought I would give her one anyway because maybe she likes to get likes. :D Although, I generally do like any post that I'm acknowledging, as well as any that are replying to me. I don't think it hurts. Surely it must be more exciting to see a "2" instead of only a "1" above the notification bell. But hey, I'll even like posts that I disagree with, so perhaps I'm just far more generous than you are...

That does sound exciting if you're a Pavlovian dog. ;) Sometimes I think "liking" a post you disagree with can give mixed signals unless you respond stating your opinion... which come to think of it, you always do :P 

54 minutes ago, seabutterfly said:

Aww don't, I crave self validation so I would be fine if you liked it because I'd assume you thought it was funny. Also, I try not to be that person who makes self-deprecating jokes so that somebody will tell them the opposite of that. But I understand that I can come off that way. So, I much rather prefer people to laugh at me when I say that or even make a joke back, than say "no, you're perfect." To me it signals a deeper understanding of the person I am, and it's just more fun for the whole group. Also, it makes me feel like "ok maybe they don't perceive me as the attention- seeker I think I'm coming off as." Also @Adam pretty much nailed it haha, I truly am pathetic and just want likes (it's ok everyone, you can like this still).

I could read you a lot better in person, though I still understand you, but I just think others might not understand, like @Adam said.. and we could look like jerks or worse. :superwaiter:

33 minutes ago, Adam said:

Now there's a thought worth exploring. I really don't know how anyone could live without my approval. The very idea of that is frightening! :(

I would find the opposite frightening. Maybe it's a compliment I'm at the top of your hit list. :)

2 people like this

1 minute ago, seabutterfly said:

Yeah I get it, so let's not because I'd rather not be amid controversy when I really should be asleep in about oh, an hour ago

I would be completely fine talking about something like that in private, it's just in an open space like this I would be cautious about it. But I'm just being a broken record at this point, so I apologize. Go to bed. :superwaiter:

Someone should post a meme to diffuse the situation.

1 person likes this

I forgot to respond to this bit in my last post:

1 hour ago, Adam said:

A clever gambit, but ultimately a farce. The admins will see right through your tyranny and see that I stand on the side of justice. Your oppression is nearing its end. :superwaiter:

You're assuming I don't already possess personal favor with the almighty admins that cannot be overcome with any amount of persuasion. :P 

2 people like this

Wait, that was my 100th post? How embarrassing...

14 minutes ago, redgrapes said:

That does sound exciting if you're a Pavlovian dog. ;) Sometimes I think "liking" a post you disagree with can give mixed signals unless you respond stating your opinion... which come to think of it, you always do :P

Oho, now you're just straight up bullying me. How rude! But I know you're lying. You can't hide that the highlight of your day is getting to see that I've replied to you and liked your posts. That's gotta be a rush, huh? You're the dog here, wagging her proverbial tail at the sound of the notification bell. But I guess I can't blame you, surely anyone would behave the same at the thought of my interaction with them. It must be a natural reflex... ;)

I agree that liking a post can give a mixed signal, and I admit I do have my limits on what I would like too. But I do feel like if someone put in a lot of effort into a post, they should be recognized for it. Even if I disagree with it. This is especially true if their post acknowledges something I said, so I think it's fair to like them. The posts that I won't like are ones that I feel are too vague and questionable to like, as it might imply something I didn't intend to imply. And of course, the genuinely disrespectful ones I won't like either. Other than those, I've got all the likes to give around.

10 minutes ago, redgrapes said:

You're assuming I don't already possess personal favor with the almighty admins that cannot be overcome with any amount of persuasion. :P

They might have known you for longer... but I bet they'll like me more than you! :D

27 minutes ago, redgrapes said:

I would find the opposite frightening. Maybe it's a compliment I'm at the top of your hit list. :)

Thinking that my validation is worthless... how naive. :rolleyes: Everybody benefits from having my confidence in them. It's just too valuable to pass up. You'll come to understand that eventually. ;) I suppose you will just have to interpret that as a compliment. After all, it's not very often that you of all people would get any from me! B)

2 people like this

Been quite a while since I was last active here... :P

So, a couple of hours ago at the concert I was at, I tried to get a picture taken with the singer for the first band that played because they were taking some pictures at their merch table after their set was over and before the set of the next band started. But there was only 15 minutes between the sets, and they were going to leave early after that so they travel to the next show, and they weren't at the table for the first couple of minutes, so it was only really a 10 minute or so window for getting a picture taken with the singer. I stood in line to try to get one, and if I was a bit closer in line and/or there were a couple more minutes left, then I would have likely gotten one because I was one of the next few people in line before the time was up. 

Little disappointed that I didn't get to get a picture with her, but I tried. (Also she's shorter than me. :P)

1 person likes this