__Egirly__

Random Thoughts

1,055 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Adam said:

See, I thought the exact same thing. But then I thought I would give her one anyway because maybe she likes to get likes. :D Although, I generally do like any post that I'm acknowledging, as well as any that are replying to me. I don't think it hurts. Surely it must be more exciting to see a "2" instead of only a "1" above the notification bell. But hey, I'll even like posts that I disagree with, so perhaps I'm just far more generous than you are...

That does sound exciting if you're a Pavlovian dog. ;) Sometimes I think "liking" a post you disagree with can give mixed signals unless you respond stating your opinion... which come to think of it, you always do :P 

54 minutes ago, seabutterfly said:

Aww don't, I crave self validation so I would be fine if you liked it because I'd assume you thought it was funny. Also, I try not to be that person who makes self-deprecating jokes so that somebody will tell them the opposite of that. But I understand that I can come off that way. So, I much rather prefer people to laugh at me when I say that or even make a joke back, than say "no, you're perfect." To me it signals a deeper understanding of the person I am, and it's just more fun for the whole group. Also, it makes me feel like "ok maybe they don't perceive me as the attention- seeker I think I'm coming off as." Also @Adam pretty much nailed it haha, I truly am pathetic and just want likes (it's ok everyone, you can like this still).

I could read you a lot better in person, though I still understand you, but I just think others might not understand, like @Adam said.. and we could look like jerks or worse. :superwaiter:

33 minutes ago, Adam said:

Now there's a thought worth exploring. I really don't know how anyone could live without my approval. The very idea of that is frightening! :(

I would find the opposite frightening. Maybe it's a compliment I'm at the top of your hit list. :)

2 people like this

1 minute ago, seabutterfly said:

Yeah I get it, so let's not because I'd rather not be amid controversy when I really should be asleep in about oh, an hour ago

I would be completely fine talking about something like that in private, it's just in an open space like this I would be cautious about it. But I'm just being a broken record at this point, so I apologize. Go to bed. :superwaiter:

Someone should post a meme to diffuse the situation.

1 person likes this

I forgot to respond to this bit in my last post:

1 hour ago, Adam said:

A clever gambit, but ultimately a farce. The admins will see right through your tyranny and see that I stand on the side of justice. Your oppression is nearing its end. :superwaiter:

You're assuming I don't already possess personal favor with the almighty admins that cannot be overcome with any amount of persuasion. :P 

2 people like this

Wait, that was my 100th post? How embarrassing...

14 minutes ago, redgrapes said:

That does sound exciting if you're a Pavlovian dog. ;) Sometimes I think "liking" a post you disagree with can give mixed signals unless you respond stating your opinion... which come to think of it, you always do :P

Oho, now you're just straight up bullying me. How rude! But I know you're lying. You can't hide that the highlight of your day is getting to see that I've replied to you and liked your posts. That's gotta be a rush, huh? You're the dog here, wagging her proverbial tail at the sound of the notification bell. But I guess I can't blame you, surely anyone would behave the same at the thought of my interaction with them. It must be a natural reflex... ;)

I agree that liking a post can give a mixed signal, and I admit I do have my limits on what I would like too. But I do feel like if someone put in a lot of effort into a post, they should be recognized for it. Even if I disagree with it. This is especially true if their post acknowledges something I said, so I think it's fair to like them. The posts that I won't like are ones that I feel are too vague and questionable to like, as it might imply something I didn't intend to imply. And of course, the genuinely disrespectful ones I won't like either. Other than those, I've got all the likes to give around.

10 minutes ago, redgrapes said:

You're assuming I don't already possess personal favor with the almighty admins that cannot be overcome with any amount of persuasion. :P

They might have known you for longer... but I bet they'll like me more than you! :D

27 minutes ago, redgrapes said:

I would find the opposite frightening. Maybe it's a compliment I'm at the top of your hit list. :)

Thinking that my validation is worthless... how naive. :rolleyes: Everybody benefits from having my confidence in them. It's just too valuable to pass up. You'll come to understand that eventually. ;) I suppose you will just have to interpret that as a compliment. After all, it's not very often that you of all people would get any from me! B)

2 people like this

Been quite a while since I was last active here... :P