__Egirly__

Random Thoughts

1,078 posts in this topic

Not being able to respond to something because you hate to seem confrontational, but wanting to because something said was hurtful and made you angry, is an awful feeling.

3 people like this

On 4/6/2017 at 8:35 PM, Géraldine said:

:lol: Introverts can also be a poor rememberer (outsmarting spellcheck one post at a time :P) but really good at listening which makes them seem bad at both. Argh!

On 10/04/2017 at 3:31 AM, Amarillo said:

:lol: Introverts can also be a poor rememberer (outsmarting spellcheck one post at a time :P) but really good at listening which makes them seem bad at both. Argh!

:lol::P:lol:

Caitlyn jenner might run for president and i want her to win because then essentially USA's first woman president would be a man

and i think that would just be hilarious

she is also a republican so why not

also i think bill nye has lost his mind

I've been working on my Russian and came across this weird cartoon. Definitely a unique in color palate. So dark. It's cool to see how similar/dissimilar we are from the rest of the world too!

On 5/31/2017 at 6:58 AM, Amarillo said:

I've been working on my Russian and came across this weird cartoon. Definitely a unique in color palate. So dark. It's cool to see how similar/dissimilar we are from the rest of the world too!

ahh they go so fast!!!!! I learned the alphabet awhile back and tried to start learning vegetables and greetings. it reminds me of wild thornberries

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, Thomist said:

Is anyone ever on chat?

Hi Thomist. :) 

Unfortunately the "official" chat room has been down for months now. :( However, a temporary chat room has been set up on Discord by @Skald:

I hope everyone will consider joining! ^_^

4 people like this

Being nice and courteous to someone who is trying, with desperation, to bring you down is really quite a lot of fun. :)

1 person likes this

Every time I go into the discord chat I'm alone. I can't seem to get there when there's actually people chatting. Lol

2 people like this

On 8/2/2017 at 11:01 PM, PG1 said:

Every time I go into the discord chat I'm alone. I can't seem to get there when there's actually people chatting. Lol

I agree! same here.

I'm back!

Who are all these new people and where did they come from :superwaiter:

I'm kidding, I'm glad to see new faces around :)

2 people like this

I'm so glad I was fortunate enough to see the statues in my home town of Baltimore before weak, effeminate boys decided to appease the ignorant by removing them.Stone_Mountain.jpg

Ok why is time so weird? It's so weird that half the time I barely know what it is. Is time even real?

2 people like this

1 minute ago, Adam said:

Time is real, it just always does the opposite of what you want it to do.

Ok, but how do we know time is real? It could very well be nonexistent and we wouldn't necessarily know the difference. But maybe in a sense it has some reality to it. It depends on your definition. How are we supposed to define time?

2 people like this

6 minutes ago, Adam said:

Time is at the very least a concept. It is totally abstract. But it certainly "happens". It has physical effects on all forms of life. Would that make it real? Or does it remain nothing more than an idea? Obviously time isn't sentient. It does not think or feel. But I do think it is hostile. It slowly kills everyone and everything eventually. That alone makes it scary, but what's even scarier is that it is completely indifferent to our suffering.

I suppose you can say that time can exist without actually being real. Then we would have to ask ourselves what exactly constitutes "being real". What makes us real? Our physical forms? Our emotions? How can we truly know if anything in this universe is real? What if nothing is real? The search for the truth is a never ending quest...

I'll tell you this though.

Time is a real pain in the ass.

All interesting fodder for existential questioning. I'd love to delve into this more. But I don't quite have the *TIME* for an existential crisis tonight. 

P.s. I know I brought this up haha

Edited by seabutterfly
1 person likes this

9 hours ago, Adam said:

They do say that time flies when you're having fun.

But that can only mean that time stills during our misery, prolonging our pain. Perhaps when we suffer, in truth we have as much time as we don't need.

:superwaiter:

It's just a bunch of wibbly wobbly time stuff I guess.

2 people like this

48 minutes ago, Adam said:

Time truly is an enigma. But I believe that all we need to understand is that time can never be stopped. It cannot be beaten or bargained with. It is without mercy. Without forgiveness. Yet, time is not malevolent. It acts purely without reason. Time simply just is.

Oh, you were talking about time... I thought you were talking about this thread. ;) 

2 people like this