__Egirly__

Random Thoughts

1,078 posts in this topic

Also, random thought: Having now completed "Think and grow rich" by Napoleon Hill, I now agree that everyone should (or at least try) reading and understanding it. Its awe-inspiring. I'll read it again too.

Seriously

Go read it

Just try

You'll not regret! :D

1 person likes this

Apparently you're not allowed to whip your penis out in public and wave it around while screaming obscenities at passersby. I wish I knew that before I did it.  :(

1 person likes this

"Figure 1.9: Full penetration butt weld"

I study engineering...

2 people like this

"Figure 1.9: Full penetration butt weld"

My mind started to go into the gutter when I read that...  :mellow:

1 person likes this

Watched the movie Paper Towns with my sister. I know it's just a movie but it was getting on my nerves. I'm ashamed to say I was one of those people who talk during a movie :( Thankfully no one said anything to me.

2 people like this

Yes, English can be weird. It can be understood through tough thorough thought, though.

3 people like this

My brother was commissioned into the Army this morning. I'm feeling proud, happy, excited and scared at the same time.

My brother was commissioned into the Army this morning. I'm feeling proud, happy, excited and scared at the same time.

We're grateful for his service! 

3 people like this

Got attacked by a squirrel this morning on the way home from school. :o I was minding my own business dreading the horrible heat wave we've been having when the next thing you know a squirrel jumps down off an adjacent fence and jumps at my leg. I hit him with my folder and he retreated to the tree on the other side of the sidewalk and just stared.

Super weird. :lol:

vLcEYnnb.jpg

I feel like every time I try to get my driver's license, some new regulation or obstacle comes up that sets me back several months. Trying really hard not to feel too down on myself right now....  :(

2 people like this

I feel like every time I try to get my driver's license, some new regulation or obstacle comes up that sets me back several months. Trying really hard not to feel too down on myself right now....  

I'm sorry. :( What state are you in? And no worries, you have plenty of time. The DMV stinks, but eventually once it's done, you won't have it hanging over your head ever again!  :)

3 people like this

I'm sorry. :( What state are you in? And no worries, you have plenty of time. The DMV stinks, but eventually once it's done, you won't have it hanging over your head ever again!  :)

Thanks. I'm in Texas -- you wouldn't think it would be that hard for a state that's so famous for loving trucks and freedom, right?! And it wasn't, when my friends were all 16 and getting their licenses...but my parents were going through a rough divorce at the time, so I put it off. Then at 18 -- boom, new regulations. Went away to college in NY, where I really didn't have to drive thanks to living on campus and excellent public transport. Then when I moved back home and was ready to start learning again...broken ankle, even *more* new regulations, and massive backlogging for road test appointments...it's just awful. And where I live right now, you really can't work unless you can drive.  :( I know in my head that it's just a temporary issue, but it just feels so embarrassing to have it be taking this long....

2 people like this

Thanks. I'm in Texas -- you wouldn't think it would be that hard for a state that's so famous for loving trucks and freedom, right?! And it wasn't, when my friends were all 16 and getting their licenses...but my parents were going through a rough divorce at the time, so I put it off. Then at 18 -- boom, new regulations. Went away to college in NY, where I really didn't have to drive thanks to living on campus and excellent public transport. Then when I moved back home and was ready to start learning again...broken ankle, even *more* new regulations, and massive backlogging for road test appointments...it's just awful. And where I live right now, you really can't work unless you can drive.  :( I know in my head that it's just a temporary issue, but it just feels so embarrassing to have it be taking this long....

No worries! I completely get it. I live in NY and didn't get my license till I was 20 because as you said, I never needed it. I didn't even get a car till another year after that at 21, because I took the train everywhere anyway. You're not alone at all. Plenty of people wait till they're older to drive. Some of my friends still haven't even started the process. Either way, good luck and there's no reason to be embarrassed!  :)

2 people like this

No worries! I completely get it. I live in NY and didn't get my license till I was 20 because as you said, I never needed it. I didn't even get a car till another year after that at 21, because I took the train everywhere anyway. You're not alone at all. Plenty of people wait till they're older to drive. Some of my friends still haven't even started the process. Either way, good luck and there's no reason to be embarrassed!  :)

tumblr_inline_nom9vmC5jd1qhqubc_500.gif

2 people like this

I had to write an English exam recently - as most of you may have already figured out, I am strongly against capital punishment. Surprisingly, they asked me to write a pro-death-penalty paragraph - I totally lost respect for those who organized and put not-so-politically-neutral questions on that paper. The following is not the exact ones of what I wrote - but that gives the outline; I wanted them to have a good laugh there.

————How governments think that they actually know what they are doing.

————How arbitrary is capital punishment? (anything government considers arbitrarily to be worthy of capital punishment).

————How it was effective in decreasing the amount of piracy (the real piracy, not pirating the music) in PR China (mainland except SARs).

————How governments think that it eliminates future crimes.

————Why freedom of expression and information sucks, and how death penalty effectively reduces it to near-zero. (Has he said anything against the government? Let's put him in the death row!).

————Our big leader Kim Jong Un and his self-proclaimed real Korea with unicorns, has been successfully running its state as it pleases, with death penalty, as an evidence for the above. I used the words *some governments* as an idea to suggest our past government, too.

Two weeks before classes start, I finally heard back from the university I applied to… and it turns out they forgot to tell me I was accepted -__-

Everything's fine. They just forgot to send me the letter.

The man I phoned was very kind and said he'd send me my details as soon as possible, but still. Lucky I phoned them or they might've forgotten about me altogether  :blink:

5 people like this

GsZjFSL.gif

Miles "Tails" Prower

Miles Prower

Miles Per Hour...

1408.gif

I know I'm like 20 years late on this one, but I never picked up on the fact that his name was a pun. :superwaiter:

4 people like this

I am undecided if I should join Crossfit or Zumba Or do mostly Crossfit with Zumba on Fridays.  :unsure: 

1 person likes this

Watched this cute commercial and almost cried a bit. Almost. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLpDiIVX0Wo

I chew this same brand of gum. (I chew peppermint though, not spearmint.) So all I have to do is find a cute guy and give him some gum and he'll be mine forever? I can totally do that. :D

1 person likes this

So I got a used paperback copy of Twilight at the thrift store today... It's for research.

1 person likes this