__Egirly__

Random Thoughts

1,078 posts in this topic

It's a very good thing that I know how to censor my thoughts.

1 person likes this

Nothing like seeing this at the bottom of the page. :/ Not exactly great for the ego. lol

post-41607-0-95698300-1436237878_thumb.j

3 people like this

The introvert that I am is going to like these next four days of meeting never before seen relatives. At least I get a break at work

There was a man that added me on Skype and he said he got my information from WTM..... I don't mind anyone adding me but when you expect me to be open with you, I expect you to be open with me..... I have not spoken to him in a while but I'm just thinking about him even though I don't remember his skype name..... weird I know

2 people like this

I'm making dinner. You want some?  :lol:

I do, I do! What're we having?  :P

I just discovered gifs on yahoo msg...and I'm kind of addicted. I still have no idea how to use them other places. lol

1 person likes this

After 6 years, Google's self-driving car experienced its first-ever accident with injuries...when it was rear-ended by another car. Can we please hurry up the automatic automotive revolution? I'm so ready.

1 person likes this

After 6 years, Google's self-driving car experienced its first-ever accident with injuries...when it was rear-ended by another car. Can we please hurry up the automatic automotive revolution? I'm so ready.

The development of automation has been surpassing our humanity for quite some time now.  I am getting very concerned that with companies like Google saturating our culture, there won't be much the commoner can do to stop the whims of those in control of such automated systems.  I hope humanity never has to surrender "manual control" of our systems in the name of "safety."

Let's stock up on as much skill and manual training as we can before it is lost.  Let's also look at our world with our own eyes, listen with our own ears, and touch with our own hands before the only control left to hang onto is quite remote.  We are becoming disconnected from the world, and in particular, each other.  I hope that the technology we use can be understood with a spirit of creativity as well as personal fulfillment that we find far too often.  The secret is to simply ask ourselves: "What are we CONTRIBUTING to the technological age as well as ENJOYING?"

This might mean that we take a serious look at how many times, for example, we use things like the web to simply check our facebook, instead of writing our own programs and developing our own software.  The computer is a miracle of human ingenuity.  Let's take advantage of it by staying steps ahead by continuing to contribute to progress rather than letting progress make us less and lazy.  Technology shouldn't replace our humanity, it should enhance it.

As a pilot, I hope that flying will NEVER become automated.  Aerobatic flight is useless at every angle-of-attack from that perspective.  Likewise, each person should experience what it means to drive as well as be driven...

2 people like this

CI2fwsJXAAA6Bjn.jpg

BAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! THIS MADE MY NIGHT/MORNING! I Love It!

1 person likes this

Man, just when I thought I was starting to look older, the check-out lady at JC Penney thought I was 18.

Man, just when I thought I was starting to look older, the check-out lady at JC Penney thought I was 18.

There MUST be something to aging more slowly as a virgin.  Many people I have met here and myself seem to have similar testimony concerning appearance of age.  It seems that time "stretches" just for us so that we may not be penalized for waiting and "catch up" while we find someone to have sex with like everyone else.

Anyone else beginning to notice this like I am?  This is great news for us waiters...

7 people like this

I can't wait till I meet my future husband cause I'll finally be able to get that restraining order against him.  :D

So, I know WHAT 'imma' is, but it took seeing a meme with '...I'm about to...' For it to really dawn on me. I'm so old...ugh! Oh, and I hate text speak. Back in the old days you had to hit that key 3 or 4 times to get the letter you wanted! I'd even leave out vowels to save time and space. So, I get it. I just don't like it. :)

How to avoid disappointment: Lower your expectations

2 people like this