__Egirly__

Random Thoughts

1,078 posts in this topic

I'm getting pretty good at turning my leg into a slide to break my phone's fall.

Oh thank goodness. I have spent days wondering what you do when your phone falls and worrying that it'll break so I was relieved when you wrote this. :P 

Oh thank goodness. I have spent days wondering what you do when your phone falls and worrying that it'll break so I was relieved when you wrote this. :P

...Then you probably don't wanna know what happened to my tablet...

...Then you probably don't wanna know what happened to my tablet...

:o Something happened to your tablet...??? :(  

Found this quote and it really resonated with me: "If someone is actually sorry then they’ll accept you not forgiving them; a person insistent on your forgiveness is not apologising for hurting you but trying to absolve themselves of any blame or guilt."

3 people like this

:o Something happened to your tablet...??? :(  

Dropped it last year and the screen and touch-screen digitizer went kablooey. Then a few months ago I stepped on it and bent one of the edges slightly. Then an eagle flew in through the window and carried it off and dropped it from a great height. That last part was a lie, though. 

2 people like this

Found this quote and it really resonated with me: "If someone is actually sorry then they’ll accept you not forgiving them; a person insistent on your forgiveness is not apologising for hurting you but trying to absolve themselves of any blame or guilt."

You don't know how much that matches my life right now, thanks for the share!

Then an eagle flew in through the window and carried it off and dropped it from a great height. That last part was a lie, though. 

Even though the last part wasn't true, it reminded me of a true story: one of the windows in my kitchen has a broken screen. Last year a crow flew in the window, stole a spoon off the counter and flew back out the window with the spoon in its beak. One of the weirdest things I've ever seen.

1 person likes this

Allergies suck.

EDIT 

Actually it's a cold and not allergies. But I'm feeling better than I did yesterday and the night before. :)

Edited by Amber Elizabeth
4 people like this

I shouldn't be laughing as hard as I am at this lol

Ah man! I choked on my Goldfish! :(

Even though the last part wasn't true, it reminded me of a true story: one of the windows in my kitchen has a broken screen. Last year a crow flew in the window, stole a spoon off the counter and flew back out the window with the spoon in its beak. One of the weirdest things I've ever seen.

I think I need to go to sleep. I read that as a cow flew in the window...images of Wizard of Oz ( that tornado scene) was playing in my mind.

3 people like this

VENT MODE ON:

I like how the same exact group of people dog anyone that doesn't agree with them out. This so called WTM community has changed so much it's sickening. Because we don't agree with you we are on high horses and are wrong for speaking the truth in our eyes. People say that just because we are Christians we don't have the right to say anything and so many Christians sit out scared and say nothing but I'm not that type. Jesus spoke out why can't I? And I will. You people need to grow up and come out of that one minded road you're on or you're going to mess yourselves up. I don't care if you don't agree with me but when you start putting incorrect words in someone's mouth or using mistakes in grammar bash someone that's when it shows ignorance and when you start picking at innocent people because you hate their point of view it makes you look worse than you already look. For now on when the likes of people like you talk to me or even quote me you will be talking to yourselves and the group of hateful people you associate yourselves with. This so called community has become High schoolish and I really feel bad for the newbies having to see so much stupidity.....

VENT MODE OFF: and I'm NOT looking for any replies. Thank you.

I'm NOT looking for any replies. Thank you.

Sorry, couldn't resist. Also, that's not really how public forums work. If you truly want to vent and have no one respond then make a blog post and set it to private. Don't dish it out if you can't take it back.

I agree that this forum has changed in recent months but posts like these really don't help matters. I'd wager that reading an undignified and aggressive rant like the one you just posted is slightly more offputting to potential new members than them seeing a thread where a group of people are having a discussion about a topic where they are expressing opinions that may oppose their own.

5 people like this

We didn't ignore. Had my eyes on the news and texting all my friends and coworkers. Thank God the tornadoes were all around us, but didn't come through our city. Doesn't seem anyone hit near us.

Good. This makes me feel better. My friend is in Buda and she said they had several tornados, and about an inch of flooding in her house, but people not too far had feet of flooding, so she was happy but man... glad you guys are okay. She showed me the clouds afterwards, though and they were crazy beautiful.

Not all Missourians ignore them. I usually will hide in the closet with my dog if we get a warning. (we don't have a basement) 

At least now I can say I found someone, as well as Samaye who doesn't ignore the warnings :D. Mother nature at its scariest.

1 person likes this

The only bad thing about being a virgin is that there's always people that want to sacrifice you to appease some angry volcano god or something along that line.

7 people like this

Anyone here actually ever seen a tornado up close?

I've seen three in the sky from a distance while walking to my softball game in highschool. That's close enough.

VENT MODE OFF: and I'm NOT looking for any replies. Thank you.

You can't make a post with so much vitriol towards people and misinformation and then just say "don't respond to this k thanks." 

I like how the same exact group of people dog anyone that doesn't agree with them out.

I assume you're talking about me, Steadfast, Mirage, Josh, as well as probably hanachu, and maybe a couple others. Of course, I've never "dogged out" anyone on here, so maybe it's not me... Edit: Better yet, please specify exactly who you're talking to and exactly what each of them did or said to provoke this rant.) Anyway, unless your ideal for this site is for it to be a total echo chamber where everyone shuts up the moment their opinion conflicts with someone else's, then there are going to be disagreements; more and more of them as the site grows. And if a group three or four outspoken people happen to agree with each other a lot and participate in the same discussions, so what? Why are you trying to create an "us vs. them" scenario?

Because we don't agree with you we are on high horses and are wrong for speaking the truth in our eyes. People say that just because we are Christians we don't have the right to say anything and so many Christians sit out scared and say nothing but I'm not that type. Jesus spoke out why can't I? And I will.

Are you saying that derogatory terms are a-OK as long as it's "true"? Oh happy is the day I bequeath the title of Ching-Chongs and N*ggers to my friends!

She made a choice, and her consequence was you becoming a criticizing, judgemental "friend". Good job! Now if you go online and call her a slut, she'll REALLY understand the gravity of what she's done!

If I was the girl in this position, I would want us to mutually agree "yes, this won't work out" and amicably go our separate ways WITHOUT HIM CALLING ME A SLUT.

Is that asking too much from anyone?

Oh get off your politically correct high horse will you.

:) I didn't see this until now lol made me laugh.

Nice. And the rest of that part is just completely deceptive. Where has anyone said you don't have the right to say anything because you're a Christian? Who are these Christians that are scared to speak up? Do you not realize that the vast majority of the people on this site are Christian? You can speak out. But people are free to respond and there's no reason why you always have to get upset when they do.

You people need to grow up and come out of that one minded road you're on or you're going to mess yourselves up.

This is pretty much pointless given that you haven't mentioned who "you people" are. But ah, I guess you really aren't talking about me. I've spoken about too many different things, and changed my mind way too many times, even visibly on this site, to be called "one-minded". But given that the people you're attacking with this post (if I'm assuming correctly) seem to base their opinions on logical thinking and evidence, I'd wager that they have changed their minds many times as well. Have you ever changed your mind about anything?

I don't care if you don't agree with me but when you start putting incorrect words in someone's mouth or using mistakes in grammar bash someone that's when it shows ignorance and when you start picking at innocent people because you hate their point of view it makes you look worse than you already look.

What are you talking about here?

For now on when the likes of people like you talk to me or even quote me you will be talking to yourselves and the group of hateful people you associate yourselves with. This so called community has become High schoolish and I really feel bad for the newbies having to see so much stupidity.....

Venting is fine, but when your venting includes accusing people in this community of being hateful, stupid, in danger of getting "messed up", etc, then at least have the courtesy and decency to address them directly about what they have specifically done or said that you think is wrong. This vague rant with the request that no one reply is just silly and unproductive at best, hurtful and misleading at worst.

3 people like this

Sleeping in an airport overnight when your flight is cancelled...definitely an experience that I don't want to relive.

1 person likes this

Anyone here actually ever seen a tornado up close?

just the tiny whirlpool ones in the bathtub drain when its almost out of water,

2 people like this