__Egirly__

Random Thoughts

1,078 posts in this topic

I sometimes have to remind myself that I'm almost 30. At least I have a niece now to act childish with :D

I just left an interview today, got a job offer over the phone, and I start next Thursday!  :)

11 people like this

I just left an interview today, got a job offer over the phone, and I start next Thursday!  :)

Congrats! :D

2 people like this

The DIP (Public Instruction Department) in the town where I grew up is trying to move my high school from the historical building where it currently is, and close down another one. All the students and teachers are organising sit-ins and strikes, so hopefully the DIP will change their mind, but it's so annoying that I'm at the other end of the world and can't do anything about it. I don't want my school to die! :(

Pretty cool seeing my Ancient Greek teacher on TV though.

2 people like this

The DIP (Public Instruction Department) in the town where I grew up is trying to move my high school from the historical building where it currently is, and close down another one. All the students and teachers are organising sit-ins and strikes, so hopefully the DIP will change their mind, but it's so annoying that I'm at the other end of the world and can't do anything about it. I don't want my school to die! :(

Literally going through the same thing in my town right now. WTH is going on?!  :(

1 person likes this

Literally going through the same thing in my town right now. WTH is going on?!  :(

You guys got to go to high school in historical buildings? I'm super jealous. Public schools in Texas tend to be really bland architecturally, like this:

greensprairieelementary.jpg

2 people like this

The following are pictures of my old school. The oldest part was built in the 1890s, and the auditorium was constructed in the 30s. The newest part was built in the 70s. It started as a women's college in the 1890s and was turned into a high school around the 20s or 30s, which it remained until 1971 when a replacement building was built. Not wanting the building to be left to ruin it was turned into a middle school in 1973, which was named after alumni and long time principal Cassie Gresham .

sideviewschool.JPGfallpic.JPGentranceschool.JPG

4 people like this

When your grandma tries to say you're a manger when you're a supervisor, then says there isn't a difference... >.<`

I just saw a mouse hanging out in my kitchen. He didn't look frightened at all. When did my cat get this lazy? 

2 people like this

Fell down the stairs and sprained my ankle so badly I thought I'd broken it at first. Spent today getting x-rays and a splint at Urgent Care instead of going to the beach with my friends. Now taking enough ibuprofen to burn a hole through my stomach.  :(

1 person likes this

Fell down the stairs and sprained my ankle so badly I thought I'd broken it at first. Spent today getting x-rays and a splint at Urgent Care instead of going to the beach with my friends. Now taking enough ibuprofen to burn a hole through my stomach.  :(

I hope you feel better soon.  :(

1 person likes this

Sorry to hear that! I second what JesSea said - hope you're better soon!

2 people like this

sorry to here that, I use to get a lot of those in middle school :o Feel better soon!

Sorry to hear that! I second what JesSea said - hope you're better soon!

sorry to here that, I use to get a lot of those in middle school :o Feel better soon!

Thanks guys!

Virtual-Hug.gif

3 people like this

i'm so glad, i'm blessed, i can't complain...

if u ask why, well nothing special i just have what is called life & not only life but life in Jesus.

Have a blessed day everybody

God bless yal

As a fellow writer all I can say is congratulations! :D How long did it take you?

This quote thing still won't work for me!

1 person likes this

As a fellow writer all I can say is congratulations! :D How long did it take you?

This quote thing still won't work for me!

Thanks! It took me exactly 9 months and 20 days. Though if you count from when I first had the idea, it took me 7 years… :P

1 person likes this

Yeah, I meant from the idea! Think I'm about 3 years into mine though it's evolved so perhaps only a few character traits remain from the original point. Seriously though, well done. I completed a first draft after 3 months or so haven't got halfway through the second draft after about 9 months! Wish I'd savoured the creative juices flowing. So how long is it and what's it about? (if you're ok with sharing) Either way, congratulations! Must feel pretty nice to have completed something you began thinking about 7 years ago!! (not trying to make you feel old :P

Dammit quote still won't work. I have such little patience with computers! (I'm hoping it's the comp, I don't want to be the guy who can't do something really easy, that's simple for everyone else!)

My hair has grown so much that the locks reached my chest.

I want to thank the girls on this forum who gave me tips to increase the hair growth after a disastrous haircut from my coiffure.  It really worked.

1 person likes this