Jasmine23

Proposals!!!

44 posts in this topic

I'm VERY old school so I think the guy should ask the woman..... but if I had to I'd use something he Loves like a video game... I have a friend that makes things and I'd have him make a replica of the video game and I'd switch it out and I'll have dinner almost prepared and I'll have him go and play his "game" and it would be super awesome id be in the bame as a character and he'd be a character and I'd go all out and propose! I DON'T KNOW WHY BUT I JUST GOT SUPER EXCITED ABOUT THIS! hahaha

That's sounds like an awesome idea!!! Yeah, I personally love it when guys are surprised.  It's so much more cuter and entertaining than in my opinion ;) Seeing a gamer guy's reaction to something like that would be a treat :)

That is so awesome!!! I would never be brave enough to sing that song on stage in London though… I would probably end up squeaking the lyrics like a mouse on helium :P Such a great idea though!

As for me proposing to my boyfriend, personally, I couldn't imagine myself doing it. Mostly because I would get too nervous and end up on both knees being sick in the bathroom, instead of on one knee in front of my boyfriend (don't we all love hypersensitivity…). But I find it really sweet when other girls do it :) I love the story of how Queen Victoria proposed to Albert - and that was back in the 1840s!

Awww poor Chrystal Faerie :( Your proposal should definitely be a moment you've dreamed about and not one you dread so I understand :)  I didn't know that about Queen Victoria and Albert!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

2 people like this

I've had the way I'm going to propose picked out since I was like, 14.

Is that weird? Lol.

7 people like this

I've had the way I'm going to propose picked out since I was like, 14.

Is that weird? Lol.

Not weirder than a girl planning her wedding at 14. Lol

5 people like this

Not weirder than a girl planning her wedding at 14. Lol

know what's weirder? A girl who has never planed her wedding :D

know what's weirder? A girl who has never planed her wedding :D

That was me until 3 months ago! Lol :)

See for me i don't really want an elaborate proposal. I want it to be intimate between the two of us. Maybe I am too romantic but I walk on the beach as the sun is setting just feels perfect for me. I won't have an engagement ring so He really wont have to go down on one knee. Even though now as I am typing this it might be the strangest proposal ever but that's alright lol. I really don't want a public proposal though I hate being up in front of people whatever the reason.

Am I the only one here who actually wouldn't want my parents to know about my engagement before I know about it?? lol

Nope, I don't want him to ask my mom (no dad in my family :)) "permission." I'm not a possession to be "given" to someone. But anyway, I'd want it to just the two of us and seemingly spontaneous, nothing too planned out. And I don't want an engagement ring so he wouldn't have to worry about that.

6 people like this

I told my husband I would be really upset if he asked my parents' permission to marry me. I'm an adult, fully capable of making life-changing decisions like who to marry.

I would have been fine proposing to my husband except he needed more time than I did to be ready for marriage. We would have just celebrated our one-year anniversary if the decision of when to get married had been solely up to me. ;)

I did "pre-propose" to him, though, by telling him when I was ready for premarital counseling (I had been ready for ages, but I waited for our marriage talks to be more frequent and more detailed before bringing up premarital counseling to him).

I haven't decided yet if I'm sharing our proposal story to the anon side of my life because I don't know how to tell it without either being really vague or giving away details as to my identity and location. Where he proposed is very specific and very special to me, but that information alone could give you my real name and where I live.

4 people like this

When my future love of my life proposes to me I want it to be special.

I want her to say something like "Let's go on an adventure" ^___^
Then we go somewhere amazing or do something that makes our hearts race
Skydriving, Ziplining, Skiing, or Somewhere tropical and gorgeous like Brazil or Belize or Costa Rica

She'll look into my eyes and tell me that she loves me and wants me to be her everything and only thing.
Maybe bending on one knee would be adorable but she wouldn't have to.

A women proposing just seems so strong to me and brave and wonderful .
Crazy amazing passionately perfect  :wub: 

Come on ladies
LETS STEP AWAY FROM TRADITIONAL
Traditional is boring and whats expected,
Lets do the Unexpected :) <3

OH and I better get a big rock.....
You know what?
She better get me a boulder  :D

When my future love of my life proposes to me I want it to be special.

I want her to say something like "Let's go on an adventure" ^___^

Then we go somewhere amazing or do something that makes our hearts race

Skydriving, Ziplining, Skiing, or Somewhere tropical and gorgeous like Brazil or Belize or Costa Rica

She'll look into my eyes and tell me that she loves me and wants me to be her everything and only thing.

Maybe bending on one knee would be adorable but she wouldn't have to.

A women proposing just seems so strong to me and brave and wonderful .

Crazy amazing passionately perfect :wub:

Come on ladies

LETS STEP AWAY FROM TRADITIONAL

Traditional is boring and whats expected,

Lets do the Unexpected :) <3

OH and I better get a big rock.....

You know what?

She better get me a boulder :D

There's nothing wrong with the traditional and it isnt boring. IMO some things aren't meant to be changed (ex. Waiting till marriage)

3 people like this

There's nothing wrong with the traditional and it isnt boring. IMO some things aren't meant to be changed (ex. Waiting till marriage)

This.

There is nothing wrong with wanting something traditional, but there is also nothing wrong with not wanting something traditional. I find some traditions boring, or even downright oppressive, but other traditions I find fun and meaningful, and look forward to participating in. It's best not to make sweeping statements one way or the other, really.

6 people like this

At my age I have done a lot of musing over this idea. Being very creative tends to make my 'dream proposal' take on many different forms. In all honesty, though, I want something simple. Maybe even KIND OF spontaneous... like he knows he wants to do it, we've probably talked about it, and he's thinking about what kind of ring I'd like (vintage, something from the 20s maybe, even costume jewelry diamond or something in jade would work for me...my style)... anyway, maybe he plans something simple, but then we are on a date. It starts to rain and we are just laughing and playing and getting all soaked (because we didn't bring an umbrella). While grabbing my hand, he pulls me in for a spontaneous kiss and it just kind of dawn on him. This is IT. That LOOK comes into his eyes and he just says it. 'I can't believe how much I love you. Marry me?' Of course, I say 'yes'. Then, every year (or whenever we can) we try and go someplace where we know it's going to rain for our anniversary. In reality, what I'm really hoping for is a guy creative enough to do something really special for the two of us, or spontaneous enough and man enough to go with his emotions right on the spot. :)

1 person likes this

With my ex we met through a church organization. Once a year they would meet and the last day of the week long national get together would be a black tie dinner event. During which there are awards and announcements. What I was thinking I would do to propose was to add it as an announcement during that dinner. I believed it wouldve held a lot of meaning because that's where we met.

To me a proposal NEEDS to be big. It doesn't have to be in front of people but it shire needs to have meaning prior to the proposal. And BTW for me

And Jazz its not that we are scared to tell its that we don't want to divulge any hints. we guys don't know if our future wife will be or already is a member of WTM.

PS the whole phantom of the opera idea sounds. I would love to do something of the likes. Girls get the wedding guys get the proposal.

I hate the over the top proposals. I want a simple question of will you marry me? Or would you like to get married along those lines, and give him a yes or no answer.

2 people like this

I am thinking more just the two of us. I would go speechless and turn many shades of red if it where to happen in front of a crowd of people. But I would like to point out that I would think its awesome if he got my parent's approval first, just out of respect for them. :)

I absolutely agree, I would like my future proposal to be very private,but I would like my mom to know in advance. I personally feel very uncomfortable being the center of attention so having a crowd would weird me out.

Hahahahahahaahaha! That made me literally Laugh out loud!!!!

ahhaah me too :D