Guest markb4

Women's Intuition

18 posts in this topic

Hey gals,

So we've all heard of the proverbial, "women's intuition". Do you all believe that such a thing exists? Or is it just make-believe?

1 person likes this

I believe in it because sometimes I'll ignore it and end up regretting it everytime! :P

4 people like this

Everyone has intuition, some people tend to be more intuitive than others. For myself, most often my intuition is spot on! But there are sometimes I am like, how could I have not known or seen! If I get a gut feeling I trust it or it is like how Nicole has said, you regrete it.

4 people like this

Yep, it's real.  Sometimes the feeling is stronger than others but like has been said, if you ignore it then you are probably going to regret it later.  

I was talking about that with my friend yesterday ... We both agreed it is true , women has some kind of strange intuition , & we even reviewed some good situations that proved that ....

, so yeaaaah  , SHE KNOWS <_<   

It is REAL " creeps creeps "  :o

No, it's a lie to keep guys confused and to make us think they are more mysterious than they actually are :P

3 people like this

Once I was dating this guy, and I knew that he was going to end-up with someone else, even though he was sending all the signals of monogamy. I knew that it was someone in his church's band, and that she was a singer. He never mentioned a girl in his band. They were an item within two weeks, as heard from my friend. Yep, it's real.

If it is real, why do so many women make absolutely horrible choices? A lot of the women in my age range are single mothers, and very few of them seem to be able to resist the "Ladies Man", or the homeless meth addict.

1 person likes this

If it is real, why do so many women make absolutely horrible choices? A lot of the women in my age range are single mothers, and very few of them seem to be able to resist the "Ladies Man", or the homeless meth addict.

Oftentimes, our intuition tells us one thing but we do another because we don't want it to be true. If we really like a guy and all of a sudden our intuition tells us he isn't any good, 9 times out of 10, we'll ignore it, hoping that it's wrong. And 9 times out of 10, we regret that. 

Also, it takes a while to trust our own intuition. I think the older the women is the better they are at following it because they have more experience trusting it and tuning into it. 

6 people like this

Women's intuition is absolutely real - I have very strong intuition (INFJ) and trust it completely. I am a good judge of character and see through any BS quickly. I've actually warned my friends who have been in relationships with men that I could see were no good and sadly my intuition was later proved to be correct.

2 people like this

I, personally, think we all have a version of that. Men and women. Something that helps to 'guide' us in decisions. We just don't always listen to that 'feeling you get'. Sometimes we aren't 'in tune' enough with ourselves or our surroundings to feel it. I believe everything is connected. So, yeah, being able to get a sense of how something might turn out, isn't completely out of the question.

I've found my biggest issue is that I worry that it's going to be wrong. I try not to make my decision based solely on those feelings. Maybe I'm too pragmatic, and like to take in any fact I can. Still, I do think they are there to help guide us. The tricky part is learning how to follow them, and how to 'read' them.

3 people like this

Yes it's real. I believe it really developed more once we become moms. Guys have it too but most guys would just ask us women what we think anyway. ;)

I used to not believe in it.  I didn't trust emotions as they were "unpredictable" and not necessarily based on fact.  I was WRONG.  Intuition = trusting yourself, and once I discovered that, my life changed.  I started making much better decisions.  Intuition is a phenomenon, and I think it proves that we are spiritual beings.

2 people like this

I rather call it suspiciousness with a probability of being true, supported by circumstantial evidence.

That's what I always believed and what my psychology teacher taught me at university. (yes, a feminist female teacher who is a REALIST)

We don't have magic or powers, they belong to Harry Potter, Spiderman and Zeus.

We don't have magic or powers, they belong to Harry Potter, Spiderman and Zeus.

All men...  hmmm...  more reason women certainly do not have magical powers.

That's what I always believed and what my psychology teacher taught me at university. (yes, a feminist female teacher who is a REALIST)

Realists can't be wrong?  I am assuming that is why you capitalized 'realist'.  There are many psychology teachers with different view points on the subject of intuition.