ArtsyGal

Admirable traits!

15 posts in this topic

Hi ladies!!

What traits or things men do that you find very admirable and would desire in your future hubby??

Bonus question!! What is a trait that is a definite "deal breaker" in a man?

Love to hear what you ladies have to say!!!

3 people like this

For myself, honor and a strong faith in The Lord are the most attractive traits! Also a man who has great morals, is caring, and loves to help others is awesome!!

I really do not like men who are selfish, lairs, dishonorable, and cheat others! So mean :b

3 people like this

Admirable traits: kind, loving, close to his family, desire to have a family of his own. 

Dealbreakers: arrogance and selfishness.

3 people like this

I'm already married, but I'll answer anyway, based on my husband! :)

Must-have: supports gender equality, doesn't think being LGBTQ+ is wrong, intelligent, generous, passionate about something other than work

Bonus: funny, good job, close to his family,* nerdy

Dealbreakers (obviously these didn't happen!): insist on me changing my last name, racist/sexist/homophobic, no chemistry, lazy

*I used to think this was really important to me, but then I realized through both my own experiences and those of people I love that you can really only be close to your family if your family is good to you. I have a bad relationship with my twin brother because of some incredibly cruel and hurtful things he has done and said over the years, but that doesn't mean I don't love my family and I'm not capable of being close to other family members.

2 people like this

Thank-you Belle! It is always good to hear what the secessful married couples have to say!! A good way to learn :)

1 person likes this

Ok here we go !

Admirable Traits- personal and outward relationship with the Lord, stands up for himself and others, gentle with girls, chivalrous(open door for any female not just me for example), loves/respects parents,much more

Dealbreakers- straight up nasty language, disrespectful to mother(if he does that he'll do the same to you), no attraction, tries to hard to not be himself, not confident, scared to stand up for certain things, again much more!

2 people like this

Admirable : Faith , intelligence (social & emotional intelligence included ) , bravery , Kindness along with good manners ,  forgiving , supportive -pushes me to purse my dreams-respect them ,  being ambitious himself , & & Romantic   :wub: .... some leadership skills would be great too :P  ...ect 

Deal breakers :  being a Liar takes the Top of the List .... followed by being Emotionally abusive  ( along with other kinds of abuse , but emotional abuse is always the hardest to detect ) , being conceited or self centered  , taking the relationship for granted ( at any phase)  , being too serious or having over the top impossible moral standards , Unhealthy jealousy ..... ect 

But , again all of this traits -  good & bad - can be in every single one of us , but  it depends on the degree ... No one is 100% something , but you just know in your heart when something is really impossible to overlook or deal with..! 

Ladies, its fine if you want a guy who is kind, gentle, sensitive, chivalrous, strong, well-mannered, respectful, good looking, charming, funny, athletic, faithful, sweet, romantic, intelligent, brave, moral, supportive, principled, healthy, generous, passionate, sexy, selfless, patient, tolerant, family-oriented, fatherly, playful, silly, etc,

Finding a guy with all these things is perfectly reasonable. BUT............

....just don't expect him to wait till marriage. That is just unrealistic :P

4 people like this

I find faith in God, having a good sense of humor, respect for life, smart,and kind heartedness admirable traits.

Deal breakers would be: cheating, lieing, smoking (I know its little to some people, but it is a lot to me.), and sleaziness.

Opssss , Laaaaaadies we all forgot to add that to the " The One 101 " List of ours hahahaha :P 

@Envinceble : Let us dream ... :D

3 people like this

I would love a guy who is devoted and loves the Lord, and isn't ashamed to show what his beliefs are. In addition, I would love a guy with ambition. If he doesn't have a plan for his future career, then I'm automatically turned off. 

So long message cut short...

Admirable traits: Loves the Lord, Ambitious and Family orientated. 
Deal breakers: Not ambitious, Smokes, and is lazy. (I can't stand laziness! Haha). 

1 person likes this

Ladies, its fine if you want a guy who is kind, gentle, sensitive, chivalrous, strong, well-mannered, respectful, good looking, charming, funny, athletic, faithful, sweet, romantic, intelligent, brave, moral, supportive, principled, healthy, generous, passionate, sexy, selfless, patient, tolerant, family-oriented, fatherly, playful, silly, etc,

This man doesn't exist. What you want is a pal. 

3 people like this

I agree with alot of the things you ladies have shared. But one deal breaker I haven't read (or I may have skipped over it) is: 

INCONSISTANCY

At the end of the day, I cannot build trust with someone who is inconsistent. If a relationship doesn't have trust, it just won't work.

1 person likes this

Definetley believing in Jesus and practicing what he believes. Another trait would patience. I can be a little difficult sometimes  and it can take me a while to say when I am upset about something so if he had patience I believe it would help out a lot. Loyalty and faithfulness. Not just to me but to his family as well.

Deal breaker traits would be always putting himself first. Being unable to control his temper. And looking for other options or being open to cheating.