Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Julia_M

Seeking women ages 25-30 for docu-series casting call

13 posts in this topic

Hi Y'all!

I'm new to this community, and have been very impressed with everyone's warm welcome, and awesome stories!

I am part of an award-winning, unscripted production company, and we are searching for women around the U.S. who have chosen to remain virgins until marriage for a major network documentary series. We want to know your story. Why is this the right decision for you? Is it your religious faith, or something else? What do your friends and family think about your virginity? Do they even know? How hard is it to live this life-style in this world of day-to-day temptation? 

Get in touch with us and share your commitment with the world! Send an email to me, Julia, at unscriptedexecs@gmail.com, answering the above questions in as much detail as possible. Include a photo of yourself,  your age, and your city.  Extra credit for video introductions!

Participants chosen for the series will have compensation and expenses taken care of. Looking forward to hearing your story!   

Spidey sense is tingling that this is a bad idea, I just hope you are not going to rip on these wonderful ladies and made them look like a joke and give them a bad name.

2 people like this

Spidey sense is tingling that this is a bad idea, I just hope you are not going to rip on these wonderful ladies and made them look like a joke and give them a bad name.

Calm down paradigm, we were talking with her in chat and she seems fine. 

3 people like this

Geeze you need to calm your "spidey senses" like Mirage said we've talked to her in chat. She seems cool and has taken the appropriate legal route to do her job. Don't apply for the cast if your "spidey senses" are tingling..... oh wait your a guy so you have no worries. :)

My apologies if I come of as a jerk.

1 person likes this

I think a more interesting story would be men who are waiting till marriage. It's less common and more unusual. When it comes to day to day temptation it's pretty rough for guys. Especially for Christian men living in a non-Christian environment or whatever you wanna call the world outside of maybe church.

12 people like this

I think a more interesting story would be men who are waiting till marriage. It's less common and more unusual. When it comes to day to day temptation it's pretty rough for guys. Especially for Christian men living in a non-Christian environment or whatever you wanna call the world outside of maybe church.

Maybe she will after the women.

Hi y'all.  Paradigm, thanks for bringing this up.  Yes, there are a lot of "slimy" unscripted production companies out there. We are different. I, personally, come from a background that values ethical, fair behavior. The reason I am in the entertainment industry is to change the way we use media as a messaging tool, and start using it as a tool for change. I want to assure you our intentions are good, and yes, we did go through several avenues to ensure that it was okay to post in this space. 

Having said that, I agree, guys would be interesting too.  However, we do have to keep in mind what networks are buying/what people are watching, and right now, it's women.  And Jasmine's right...there might be a place for men in this space in the future.  

Thanks for discussing all this. I really enjoy engaging with the communities we work with. :) 

5 people like this

However, we do have to keep in mind what networks are buying/what people are watching, and right now, it's women. 

Going off of what people want to watch is not how one stays morally sound. There is already a show like this.  Will yours be different? 

The people of WTM would want the production to PROMOTE waiting until marriage.  Not put it on display to point at.  Waiting until marriage is not limited to virgins, because waiting until marriage is for virgins and nonvirgins alike. 

If the show is looking for virgin women between the ages 25-30 then that means they somehow made a choice to remain a virgin up till this point.  So I would presume the majority of your cast will be waiting due to dogma or perhaps shyness helped them last so long.  So, there's your show in a nutshell.  Not promoting WTM but promoting virginity. 

As a tv viewer, I personally would rather watch why grown men would wait until marriage. 

3 people like this

Going off of what people want to watch is not how one stays morally sound. There is already a show like this.  Will yours be different?

Maybe not, but it's hard to stay on the air without ratings. It would be putting the cart (the message) before the horse (ratings).

The people of WTM would want the production to PROMOTE waiting until marriage.  Not put it on display to point at.  Waiting until marriage is not limited to virgins, because waiting until marriage is for virgins and nonvirgins alike.

Do we? Last I checked I didn't want anyone to promote waiting until marriage. I wouldn't mind if more people KNEW about it, but I don't really think promoting waiting will do much. If anything the more exposure it gets the better, as long as it's not negative exposure. We should be aiming to make it known that waiting is an option, something people can still do if they want to. Not just some relic from the past that most people assume has gone the way of the dodo.

If the show is looking for virgin women between the ages 25-30 then that means they somehow made a choice to remain a virgin up till this point.  So I would presume the majority of your cast will be waiting due to dogma or perhaps shyness helped them last so long.  So, there's your show in a nutshell.  Not promoting WTM but promoting virginity.

Well if she's come to a site for waiters then presumably the show will feature at least a few actual waiters. And it's not like everyone on this site is waiting just because they want to wait till marriage. Plenty of members have next to no experience with dating or romance.

As a tv viewer, I personally would rather watch why grown men would wait until marriage.

And that's fine, if enough people make their voices heard on this matter then a network will probably make a show about grown men who stay chaste until marriage.

5 people like this

Tell me I read that wrong. That sounded as a "jab" towards some of our members. 2 things:

1.) Uhm... actually, that's exactly why people are on this site. Because they are Waiting. Until. Marriage. Are there some exceptions? Sure, like the successful married ones (whom I admire & appreciate). For the most part though, the people here are waiting until marriage... hence the name of this site.

She said we all wanted to promote waiting until marriage. Even if I worded my answer badly the fact remains that I have no desire to promote waiting, what I would prefer is to promote knowledge about waiters. I would personally much rather make it known that waiting is still a thing at all. 

I do admit I worded it poorly and I apologize for that.

2.) Just because someone has little experience with dating or romance doesn't mean there haven't been opportunities for sex. There are people out there that have had tons of sex and have no dating/romance experience, and vice versa. So, try to think outside the box. These people aren't going to drop their pants as soon as they're in a relationship. They aren't using this site as a cover up; they still plan on waiting till marriage.

There are enough people out there promoting negative stereotypes about waiters. I don't know much about you, but you almost sounded like one of them. 

I didn't say that they were only waiting because they hadn't dated or found love. I said that many of our members lack experience in that department, it's true and there's nothing wrong with that. Also it would make no sense at all for someone to say they were waiting till marriage just because they couldn't get laid. The second they lost their virginity outside a marriage bed they'd be toast. 

6 people like this

Well so much for seeking women you've got more men than anything Julia! :o

2 people like this

Hi Queen!

Thanks for your post. The project is in early stages in terms of research, development, and casting. We are keeping the doors open to see who comes to us. We are happy to learn about becoming advocates, if that's the direction our cast naturally evolves. 

We are reading the message boards, blogs, chat rooms, etc. and will be gauging final decisions based on those, as well as input from networks. 

"Advocates for WTM" would be a cool emphasis.  And highlighting the MANY reasons a person may wait for marriage.  And thinking out of the box and not sticking with just pretty, young, virgin women.  (of course people want to see that).  If women, than I would love to see an independent, confident, self-aware, virgin woman. 

Just my thoughts.

Also, I am a little bitter about the last show I saw that highlighted waiting until marriage.  There was a nonvirgin on there waiting and they mocked her for it.  And the show made fun of the awkwardness of virgins on their wedding day.  I do not support this view of waiting until marriage.  I hope your show will be different.  Waiting until marriage is pretty cool after all.

3 people like this