Jada

What did you want be when you grew up

34 posts in this topic

Ballerina, doctor, or stay-at-home wife.  :D

The ballerina thing didn't work out because it turns out that I'm *extremely* inflexible; never been able to touch my toes, or even my ankles. I'm not school or career-minded enough to thrive at being a doctor. The stay-at-home wife thing isn't super practical, but I would love to be a stay-at-home mom for at least a little bit when the time is right.

1 person likes this

Astronaut,teacher, scientist, if it had science in the name or had to do with it i wanted to be it.

2 people like this

Film music composer was always up there. Archaeologist was another big one. Astronaut, too. Secret agent. Pilot. Writer. International sporting superstar...

Currently sticking with sport: journalism, coaching, etc. Realised too late, realistically speaking, that I'd like to be a professional biathlete (I was apparently blessed with a remarkably good aim, and can certainly appreciate a good frolic in the snow).
...So the plan is to live vicariously through my future children, instead.  :lol:

1 person likes this

I wanted to be a cartoonist in elementary school, even though I can't draw for shit, and then in middle school

I wanted to be a chef. Now I'll probably be a programmer if not some sort of engineer.

I wanted to be either a cartoonist or a veterinarian. As it turns out, I have done some illustrating, but that isn't my profession anymore.

1 person likes this

I wanted to be a Paleontologist when I was 8, by the time I was about 16 I wanted to be a Lawyer. Then, by the time I graduated I was in a Graphic Arts vocational class, and so that's what I did. For 7 years I worked at a newspaper in ad layout and design, and then I worked at a promotional products company for 8 years in the art department. Now, I stay at home and care for my nephew and take care of the house for my mom (who has custody of my nephew). That last part is a long story, but it works for us. So, yeah, I've wanted to do a few things in my life. Now, when my nephew is grown, I am planning on taking a trip through Europe and documenting my journey in a travel photography blog, as I've developed a love of photography since I was 13.