Jada

What did you want be when you grew up

34 posts in this topic

Hi guys, 

So I was reading about this project by Candy Chang  (she's the artist who started the Before I Die project and she's done some other really cool community based projects, you can check them out if you want ^_^)   and I thought it would be great to know what you wanted to be when you were little and how different it is from what you are doing now or what you want to be today or did you end up fulfilling your dream.

2 people like this

When I was little I wanted to be a mermaid--obviously that didn't work out.  ^_^ Ok, serious answer: I really wasn't sure until I was a teenager and began writing as a hobby. I grew to absolutely love it, and got a degree in writing, and now I work in the editorial department at a small publishing company. So in a way I'm doing what I want, but my ultimate goal would be to write books full-time and be a best-selling author. 

9 people like this

I wanted to be an archaeologist or a teacher - it's actually worked out rather well as I studied archaeology as a graduate and then worked as an English teacher in Korea.

I also was convinced that I would become a princess by marrying Prince William - kind of missed the boat there, haha!

2 people like this

As a wee bloke of the age of 10 I wanted to be a Time Lord, now I have no flipping clue of what I want to do at the moment other then save enough money to move out of Australia within the next few years, then I may try and find my calling.

2 people like this

I wanted to be a fighter pilot for the United States Navy.

3 people like this

As for me I wanted to be a nun as a kid (obviously that changed :)) but today I'm working towards being a programmer.

2 people like this

I have a really bad drawing I made when I was three years old of me in a old fashioned green surgeon's suit signed Dr. Amarillo ( I used my actual name).  Soooo... I guess I've always wanted to be in the medical field. :D

A Ballerina  :wub:  hahaha  But somehow ended up in medical school .... :D 

Though I thought of other stuff as well , ... an astronaut , a flight attendant , a fashion designer ,  a cook  ...& the list goes on :D 

3 people like this

I have a really bad drawing I made when I was three years old of me in a old fashioned green surgeon's suit signed Dr. Amarillo ( I used my actual name).  Soooo... I guess I've always wanted to be in the medical field. :D

that's cool .... I used to play doctor all the time with the poor dolls , teddy bears ,,, even on mom & dad :D 

The first thing I wanted to be when I was younger was a teacher. Then I wanted to be in the entertainment industry. I was pretty convinced that it was going to happen and made plans to move to LA instead of going to college lol. In the end I still want to be a teacher (highschool) but there aren't many jobs in that field right now, so I'm in the community service sector planning to work with troubled youth.

2 people like this

Superhero.

Or musician.

I'd still go for superhero. Which is why professions like paramedicine and police work have not left my eye.

6 people like this

When I was very little I wanted to be a scientist, and discover and invent new things. I even have a picture I drew when I was four years old of a solar powered bike that can go on water :P But when I discovered that science was actually mostly boring calculations I changed my mind!

From the age of four I wanted to be a singer and a writer. I was actually in a choir for four years and took singing lessons for two years, but it's become more of a passion now. I still want to be a writer - I'm actually in my first year studying Creative Writing!

I've wanted to be a lot of things though. I still do. When I was about 12 and I was asked as part of a questionnaire what I wanted to be, I wrote: "A historian, an anthropologist, a paleontologist, a film director, an astrophysicist, an alternative therapist, a singer, a writer, an actress AND a stay-at-home mother" :P

3 people like this

I wanted to race cars professionally. Right now I'm a college student with no racing experience. While I'm going into law enforcement I will still give racing a shot. Only thing holding me back is money.

2 people like this

I wanted to race cars professionally. Right now I'm a college student with no racing experience. While I'm going into law enforcement I will still give racing a shot. Only thing holding me back is money.

SCCA racing is where it's at.

I wanted to be a scientist too!! and be so smart nobody would understand what i would say XD But then I discovered that math was a language I coudn't understand well enough :) now I want to be a school headmaster

3 people like this

I wanted to be a train driver since I was like 2 until about 11.

Now I'm 22 and aiming for songwriter/producer/sound engineer... And possibly a manga artist or game designer and composer.

1 person likes this

I wanted to be a police officer like my Dad, butbby high school I grew out of it. I then wanted to be a veterinarian, but I could not remember all those lovely science words. Now I am a teller supervisor with no idea what I want to do when I grow up

I used to want to be a veterinarian for the longest time... then I wanted to be a singer... and then just a normal doctor. But then I realized that I can't stand the sight of blood or anything gross like that, so I figured I should probably stay away from the medical field :D lol

Then I realized I wanted to get into business and possibly politics, and that is where my heart now is, although I'm kind of focusing on the accounting side of business where I NEVER imagined I'd ever be.

2 people like this

a singer and song writer. im working on making that a reality ☺ï¸

2 people like this

I wanted to be a monk but then I found out girls couldn't be monks so I wanted to start my own monastery on a mountain side just for women.

I wanted to be Superman so I could fly from the time I was 3 or 4.

When I have finally "grown up", I'm inside a metal tube, but at least I'm still flying!

Though it would be nice to have that heat-ray vision.

2 people like this

A pediatrician, teacher, and chef....

I'm no doctor but I teach children and I'm an in home chef. I've taken some medical classes and have friends and my sister that are nures so they teach me a lot.

Now I'm in school to add a bit more to my belt!

1 person likes this