Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Slayerofdragon

Husband Material

8 posts in this topic

Well this question goes out to the ladies. Ladies: What type of personality do you want in a husband? Do you prefer the quiet, possibly shy, introvert type? The gregarious,extroverted type, or something different?

I think it depends on the person. For me, I would want a guy who's friendly, but not overly outgoing, becuase I couldn't keep up. :/ I'm better in one on one things or small groups of 5 or less. On large groups, I end up in conversation with one or two other people. I'm the kind of person who needs either alone or one on one time after a lot of group stuff.

I hope you're not planning on changing yourself to fit THEIR criteria; everyone's different and some people like each other for the strangest reasons.

For me Chris I'd have to say in between. I'm pretty friendly, not in a loud way, but friendly and sociable so being with an extremely quiet and shy guy would be hard for me because I'd have to put more effort into getting to know the guy and I'd just give up. I like it when he's social but not too social, kinda quiet, def. not loud, but we can communicate back and forth pretty easy and confident and takes the intiative. Oh yes, I almost forgot, fun-loving too!

wow, you know i dont really think about this stuff... Im kinda in my own little world most of the time. so I guess I dont want a punk :lol:

2 people like this

hmmm

- a good conversationalist; likes politics and philosophy and debating with me

- has a great sense of humor

- gets along with my family and friends

- doesn't mind my crassness; respects me always, even if I make a bad decision

I guess what I'd hate to have is a feeling of complacency in marriage. I don't want us to "get old and boring" if you know what I mean. I want him to show his love for me not only in our first year of marriage, but in our 20th year, too.

Well I am quite a loner so it would be nice if my husband was good at socializing because otherwise we would be a very awkward couple at parties. Of course I want him to be mature, kind, financially stable, paternal, and well educated. I want him to value emotional connection above all else, and it would be great if he spoke another language! But that's definitely not a mandatory thing.

But honestly, I still don't what my "type" is yet. I almost always fall for the bad-boy/tortured-boy in anime, manga, literature, movies, TV, etc. And my biggest celebrity crush is Tom Kaulitz (a total bad boy.) But in real life, I'm sure I would be turned off by that.

I'd like balance. So, someone who's a little more outgoing than me. A little more extroverted than me. Someone who is ok with people, but enjoys quiet, as well. I'd like someone who will get me out of my comfort zone and out into the world, on occasion, but who understands my need for seclusion,  as well. I guess I really leave it in Gods hands, as I'm not really sure what kind of person would be best for me.