Mike

Matchmaker feature launched!

52 posts in this topic

I typed in someone's name who I kind of have a thing for (but it's in the "kind of" phase right now), and then realized I sent them a crush and couldn't undo it. Am I screwed?

3 people like this

@Paul - Yes. But only if she guesses you. And really, is it so bad to have affections from somebody that you kind of had affections for in a phase?

9 people like this

I typed in someone's name who I kind of have a thing for (but it's in the "kind of" phase right now), and then realized I sent them a crush and couldn't undo it. Am I screwed?

Oh my god, that's adorable. 

4 people like this

@Paul - Yes. But only if she guesses you. And really, is it so bad to have affections from somebody that you kind of had affections for in a phase?

Good point!

Oh my god, that's adorable. 

:)

@Bluey - working on it! I've had to work every day + night this week. I'll be back to Matchmaker bug fixing this weekend.

Thanks everybody for being patient and helping me work the kinks out.

3 people like this

This is honestly a brilliant idea, Mike.  Because we all came here, whether we want to admit it or not, to find someone that we might be able to share something special with. So this is just putting everything out there.

2 people like this

It's not a brilliant idea, it doesn't work. And here he is making excuses, "I had 'work', I was 'busy'." I'm over it, Mike.

2 people like this

It's not a brilliant idea, it doesn't work. And here he is making excuses, "I had 'work', I was 'busy'." I'm over it, Mike.

Okay hotshot, you try programming just a small part of this website and see how it turns out. Glitches and bugs happen all the time and it's a part of the game and not everything can be fixed over night. And you've got a lot of balls to complain to someone who I personally know has poured his heart and soul into this site to bring all of us together, If it wasn't for him, none of us would be part of this great community here and all of us would have a much harder time coping with waiting in this world that mocks us. Mike tries very hard to tend to every request he could possibily while trying to balance out his school and work. Believe it or not, Mike has a life and his own goals in life and isn't some genie who can be available whenever we want him to be.

So have some perspective before you continue whining. Otherwise you can leave.

4 people like this

I was being sarcastic. It prolly doesn't carry well over text. Oh, well.

5 people like this

Emoticons are your best friend.

4 people like this

You should make it available on mobile. That's how I usually use the site.

1 person likes this

Haha thanks anyways though, Vince! Bluey, you're so subtle sometimes! I get you though, I think.

Really, I expected a few issues. No app is perfect at v1.0. That's why I haven't promoted the Matchmaker from the main site yet. You guys are like my big beta testing team. One we work out the launch kinks (which I think we nearly have), I can promote it all over the main site and start using it as a selling point to get lurkers to join.

@WeaponX - Yeah I hear you. I've got to make the rest of the site better on mobile first, then I'll probably add a Matchmaker button to the forum's mobile template.

PS. Speaking of lurkers, our daily traffic us up by like 50% since launching the matchmaker and the new header that includes the member count.  B)

2 people like this

PS. Speaking of lurkers, our daily traffic us up by like 50% since launching the matchmaker and the new header that includes the member count. B)

Yeah more new members as well. From what I can tell they're not all waiters.

1 person likes this

Okay hotshot, you try programming just a small part of this website and see how it turns out. Glitches and bugs happen all the time and it's a part of the game and not everything can be fixed over night. And you've got a lot of balls to complain to someone who I personally know has poured his heart and soul into this site to bring all of us together, If it wasn't for him, none of us would be part of this great community here and all of us would have a much harder time coping with waiting in this world that mocks us. Mike tries very hard to tend to every request he could possibily while trying to balance out his school and work. Believe it or not, Mike has a life and his own goals in life and isn't some genie who can be available whenever we want him to be.

So have some perspective before you continue whining. Otherwise you can leave.

Vince, try having a private conversation with her. She's RARELY serious.

2 people like this

Vince, try having a private conversation with her. She's RARELY serious.

But I though what we had was serious, Paul.

5 people like this

Perhaps I should give my title of Lady of Sarcasm over to bluey. Lol

4 people like this

But I though what we had was serious, Paul.

You're not serious, but WE ARE!  We STILL HAVE it!  I'm not leaving!

I wrote you every day for a year!

I already told my family about our plans.

My mom was really happy for me.  My dad was surprised I'm engaged to a girl (I'm the sensitive one in the family, so it's sort of a running joke).  My sister was surprised I'm marrying someone 5 years older (age is but a number representing our artificially-constructed concept of time).  My brother was jealous. And I am ecstatic.

I love your silliness, your ability to turn life into a sitcom.  When I'm down, you pick me up.  I need you, Bluey. You're my favourite colour.

Plus, my birthday's the day before yours.  We can stay up into the early morning as my day passes and yours begins.  I can be there with you, staring into your RGB eyes, holding your digital hands, and I whisper gently to you the reason these two days are so special: because God sent me down here so I may be your guardian angel.

You can't throw that away over something so little. Please, my love.  Please, my twinkling starlight.  My paramour, my purpose, my heart & soul.

We were meant to be.

2 people like this

You can't let 'em know EVERYTHING - that takes out the whole mystery.

1 person likes this

UPDATE: This thread has gone a little off the rails, but back on the original topic, if anybody is still interested in that: I know the Matchmaker is having new troubles, mainly with the "crush count" badge being accurate. Tomorrow is Mother's day, so I won't get much time, but I'll fix it as soon as I can. As usual, thanks everybody for being patient and helping beta-test the Matchmaker!

2 people like this

@ NicoleNova, But I already have my own awesome title a la Outkast!! I'm sure people would be disappointed at the change. :P
@ Paul, I really appreciate the thought you put into that. I'll consider it, but I think you took me too seriously. ;)
@ Mike, That's really cool about your app. (sarcasm, subtlety, funny) 

2 people like this

UPDATE: This thread has gone a little off the rails, but back on the original topic, if anybody is still interested in that: I know the Matchmaker is having new troubles, mainly with the "crush count" badge being accurate. Tomorrow is Mother's day, so I won't get much time, but I'll fix it as soon as I can. As usual, thanks everybody for being patient and helping beta-test the Matchmaker!

Sorry Mike.  I forgot that there was still more work to do on this app.  It's just so great!

Thanks, Mike. I wanna say that the beta version is aesthetically pleasing, and it fits in seamlessly in the header. Thanks for all that you do :-)

3 people like this