Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheWanderingChef

WTM.org Wristbands!!!

20 posts in this topic

Hey guys this brilliant idea (well in my opinion hit me yesterday) How do we make ourselves more known? Any guesses? Well through pretty much marketing!!!

I decided to get a necklace made for me with the symbol "WTM" since pretty much I cant have any bracelets or rings at work because am in the kitchen and well you dont want to find that stuff in your food now :lol: I pretty much got the necklace for me to constantly remind myself to stay true to myself and because honestly I thought A promise ring seems pretty lame!!! But I thought to myself whenever someone sees a piece of jewlery they sometimes ask " Is their a special meaning to it?" And in this case say someone sees wtm they will ask what it means and they will learn waiting till marriage. Now Imagine slowly that people start seeing this stuff on braclets like the livestrong ones by lance armstrong except now it says wtm or even on shirts!!! We can slowly start a revolution!!!

Of course were obviously guna have to put ourselves out their and their will always be haters but I remember once hearing

"People dont hate nobodies!!!"

Haha Sorry for the nonsense guys am a dreamer at heart :D

braclets like the livestrong ones by lance armstrong except now it says wtm or even on shirt

No way! Great minds think alike! That's totally in my long-term planning doc! I even priced them out already from http://24hourwristbands.com. We could sell in the blue-green color of the site and just have it say WTM on the outside and WaitingTillMarriage.org or something on the inside. I think we could sell them for like $5-10 with shipping. I thought it might be a way to start making it easy for us to indentify each other in the wild, as you said. Plus it could help me offset the server costs a little.

I wasn't going to do this until later (lots more stuff to build), but if you guys are really interested I could probably make that happen pretty fast.

That sounds like a great idea! If only we could get everyone on the site (all 600+ members) to wear them, and after that, everyone else who joins, so we could, like you said, identify each other in the wild!

Only thing is, we'd need to make them really destinctive looking, like, not just a block colour or a message that can't be read from far away: I'm talking multicoloured marbling and a message (if not "WaitingTillMarriage" or "WTM", then something catchy but not immediately obvious as to what it means: the whole "True Love Waits" slogan is great, we just have to come up with our own!), and hey, what about little charms and trinkets and whatnot? At least, the girls could have them...Also, those shell bracelets and necklaces on the reminderband website are pretty, but I suppose more expensive...

Haha Sorry for the nonsense guys am a dreamer at heart

Guess I am, too!

xxx

I'm kind of thinking about the reverse of this...

post-2-0-54410000-1325562396_thumb.jpg

Like our blue on the outside, silver on the inside.

As for the message, I was thinking something simple (for the outside) like just "WTM" and then our web address on the inside.

What do you think of something like that?

Also, here's what our blue would look like on the outside of a wristband...

post-2-0-27576600-1325562588_thumb.png

I'm kind of thinking about the reverse of this...

post-2-0-54410000-1325562396_thumb.jpg

Like our blue on the outside, silver on the inside.

As for the message, I was thinking something simple (for the outside) like just "WTM" and then our web address on the inside.

What do you think of something like that?

Also, here's what our blue would look like on the outside of a wristband...

post-2-0-27576600-1325562588_thumb.png

Thost are really cool but, no pun intended, where are the girly colors?? :( Like fuschia or purple or turquoise?? Those are pretty♥

Haha I know OHG the ring esp looks manly....we should design the woman's one ;) cubic zirconia stone in the middle thats blue, website on inside?! :)

The second one is quite nice (the solid blue one with writing).

My only issue would be, if you were wearing that one, it doesn't really look destinctive enough. I mean, if it's just a solid colour, there's probably dozens of other charity/organisation wristbands that look pretty similar. The only way you'd see what it was for was if you were close enough to read the writing. It'd be great if we had something that was a really destinctive design...

I agree that the website address has to go on the inside somewhere, but I think maybe WTM on the outside might be too obscure: I mean, who knows what that means unless they're part of this website? Maybe it should be something, a slogan or whatnot, where people will read it and want to know more about what it means. Or, we could have both...

Just my thoughts. But I reckon the colour of the website has to be in there somewhere.

Thost are really cool but, no pun intended, where are the girly colors?? Like fuschia or purple or turquoise?? Those are pretty♥

Ditto. Maybe we could have a marbled effect, or something similar, so you could have the website's blue and silver swirled with another colour, perhaps dark blue for the boys and a magenta/fuschia for the girls? Something like that? Maybe turquoise?

xxx

I'll post a ring design soon girls....I know I song wear he bracelet, so maybe someone else can work on designs for that?!

Hmm. I see your points on girly option/distinctiveness. There's also no reason we can't have multiple styles, as long as we keep a recognizeable central theme.

Whatever we do, I'm not concerned so much with the imprinted message as I am with the uniqueness of the band. I want to be able to spot one from across a classroom and not have to be close enough to read the message to verify that it's one of ours. So we probably need a unique color, if not a unique pattern.

But my design skills run out at anything more complicated than solid color stripes.

Let's ask our resident artist: Hey Leng, are you reading this? Have any input? :lol:

I'm going to call the company this week and find out what our options are.

Also, if you guys want to play around with the build-your-own system, you can do it here:

http://24hourwristbands.com/order-custom-silicone-wristbands/

And if you need to save the image, you'll probably need to take a screenshot, since they won't let you save it directly. If you don't know how to take a screenshot, here's how...

http://take-a-screenshot.org/

Here are some more styles to check out. Ignore color and just focus on the styles. Tell me if you like any of them and we can do whatever with color...

Marbelized:

post-2-0-06154900-1325619002_thumb.jpg

Two striped:

post-2-0-47672200-1325619002_thumb.jpg

Three striped:

post-2-0-80472900-1325619002_thumb.jpg

Three segment

post-2-0-07054100-1325619003_thumb.jpg

Two segment:

post-2-0-33495200-1325619003_thumb.jpg

Multi-segment:

post-2-0-61572500-1325619003_thumb.jpg

Rougher marble:

post-2-0-92824800-1325619003_thumb.jpg

Love the marbelised ones! The first one is my favourite, I think it just looks nicer than the rougher marble one, a little neater...if that makes sense. To be honest, I don't really like the ones where it's made up of solid blocks of colour or stripes. It looks a little...childish isn't the right word...less sophisticated, maybe. Not as pretty. Certainly, the marbled ones would be nice for the girls' ones, in my opinion anyway...

xxx

@Jegsy. I like the first on too, but not for myself, because it's too...pretty. I wonder if it's a guy thing. Maybe we do the marble for the girls and plain for the boys.

Boys - Which is your favorite?

Girls - Do you all like the marble one?

@Jegsy. I like the first on too, but not for myself, because it's too...pretty. I wonder if it's a guy thing. Maybe we do the marble for the girls and plain for the boys.

Perhaps one of the stripey ones for the boys? The three-striped one (that's my next favourite after the marbled ones) is quite nice, not girly.

This is exciting! Wristbands! Like a proper club! Yay!

xxx

I like the 2 or 3 segment ones best....I had to think abt how they'd really look with different things, and those seemed best.

I like the marblized one :). But anything but 3 would be ok my school wridtband are 3 .

Am not really sure they all look a little girly!!!! But i like the 2 striped one personally :D Mayb white and black that way we have a nice contrast for the lettering or maybe just all black with white lettering to give it a nice pop!!

Am not really sure they all look a little girly!

Yeah I kind of feel the same way. For myself, as a boy, I want something extremely subtle that I can wear everyday and nobody notices unless they are looking for it. And then once they see it, it's unique enough that they can recognize it.

For this, my preference for the boys' band would be one of the first two I posted: solid color outside/different color inside or solid all the way like a Livestrong band (see my first post, above the post with the marbled ones and stuff). I'm less concerned, for myself, about a unique design because I would want it in our blue, which is a unique enough color to stand out from all the typical Livestrong bands and such.

But of the girly ones I do like the two striped as well. :P

What would you say about a more simple band for the guys, Seeflo?

Yes mike i agree i dont want to wear something thats eye popping but is subtle enough to wear where it wont get noticed but the ppl who know what it is will easily recognize it. I also like the first one like you, i think its the manliest :lol: and being colored on the inside and out makes it look cool :D What do the other guys think?

Boys - Which is your favorite?

Girls - Do you all like the marble one?

I like 2 and the last one!!!