NicoleNova

WTM Scripture Verses

10 posts in this topic

“Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.” Jude 1:7

“But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;” Ephesians 5:3

“For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:” 1 Thessalonians 4:3

"Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals" -1 Corith 6:9

The term "fornication" means sex outside of marriage.

12 people like this

One of my favorite verses

1 Corinthians 6:18-20

New Living Translation (NLT)

18 Run from sexual sin! No other sin so clearly affects the body as this one does. For sexual immorality is a sin against your own body. 19 Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, 20 for God bought you with a high price so you must honor God with your body.

Amen!

13 people like this

Sometimes I think about this one, to give me hope.  It isn't wrong to want a spouse - God made us this way.

Genesis 2 (NIV)

18 The Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.â€

19 Now the Lord God had formed out of the ground all the wild animals and all the birds in the sky. He brought them to the man to see what he would name them; and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name. 20 So the man gave names to all the livestock, the birds in the sky and all the wild animals.

But for Adam[f] no suitable helper was found. 21 So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man’s ribs[g] and then closed up the place with flesh. 22 Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib[h] he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.

23 The man said,

“This is now bone of my bones

and flesh of my flesh;

she shall be called ‘woman,’

for she was taken out of man.â€

24 That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh.

8 people like this

rom 12 : 1

"i urge you brethren to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your proper worship".

through this scripture i understand that we are waiters because we want 2 worship God properlly.

God bless u

6 people like this

Jesus' words in Matthew 5:27-28 are about adultery but they reveal to me that waiting is not just physical abstinence but the integrity of the heart as well.

“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart."

6 people like this

2 Corinthians 11:2 For I am jealous over you with a godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

That's cool God is jealous of us. One God, one future spouse. Ideally unless a death.

Hebrews 13:4 Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.

This is a black and white statement.

Proverbs 4:23 Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.

Waiting is guarding your heart and saving you from caring for someone so deeply without the promise of forever.

Matthew 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

Also the 7th of the 10 commandments says "Don't commit adultery." This can mean sex before marriage or having sexual relations with someone other than your spouse. These are not rules, but rather guidelines that protect our hearts and purity.

Psalm 19:11 Moreover by them is thy servant warned in the keeping of them [reference verse 8 of the chapter where "them" implies the commandments] there is great reward.

For those who doubt or struggle waiting: Psalm 37:4 Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

God knows what you want, if you follow Him He will give you someone special someday :)

6 people like this

Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity. ~1 Timothy 4:12

This verse is a reminder that waiting isn't just something that pleases God, but we're also an example to other believers as well. We're showing that God's standard is possible, even in today's age. This gives me a lot of motivation when I feel doubtful, because I realize that I'm not just doing this for me, but my actions affect my testimony as a whole.

5 people like this

Beautiful. I love the way you said that... My actions affect my testimony as a whole.

Yes! Blessings :)

1 person likes this

1 Corinthians 7 (NIV)

1 Now for the matters you wrote about: “It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman.†2 But since sexual immorality is occurring, each man should have sexual relations with his own wife, and each woman with her own husband.

These verses explain how we have marriage, because it's immoral for unmarried people to have sex.

3 people like this