Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mr. Right...in the works

Waiting for a the guy who tried

8 posts in this topic

I had my son when I was 20.  I've split with his mother and have decided to wait since then.  I realize the value in waiting after that whole fiasco, but it seems like women who are waiting don't take me seriously because I already take care of my little one.  Does it seem crazy for someone in my situation to try and meet fellow waiters?  I have so much more respect for women that do, but the feeling hasn't always been mutual.  Any thoughts?

8 people like this

I applaud you.... your speaking out, taking care of your son, and you are waiting...... what woman would turn her back on you because you have already been with someone? Come on that's ignorant and very rude. I personally don't care who you've been with or what you have done..... what you do to become better and live a better life with your child by showing him what to do and what not to do is all that matters. With all the respect and love you show women I believe a woman should treat you the same way. No sin is greater than the other. As I said I applaud you and you need to keep your head up and chest out and keep taking a stand! :)

6 people like this

Well, Well, Well.  A guy who has a kid and is now waiting.  Does it seem crazy for a guy in your situation to try and meet other waiters?  YES.  It is crazy and ridiculous!  And, guess what, I also have a kid and am waiting as well!  So I guess I'm crazy too.  :blink::D

7 people like this

Well Mr Right, if you're crazy I'm certifiable!!

I am soon to be 49 years old, have 5 children..all grown but the least of them who is my 13 yr old daughter.

AND I am WTM as well. As a matter of fact, I am waiting for my next kiss...which will be on my wedding day.

Call me crazy...

6 people like this

I don't think it's crazy at all! It's actually a very great thing you should be proud of :).

1 person likes this

i believe you have integrity if you wait.   no matter when you decide to wait.   I believe YOU have integrity in being fully with your son, and believing that the next choice and next person who really is in your life in that way needs to stand up in the same way you want to stand up these days.

you're not crazy.  you know who you are and who you want to be and who you want to be with.   you just need the right circumstance for meeting her.  be proud.  I can tell you are.   and there are plenty who will let you be proud and be true to what you want for the future.

2 people like this

You're doing good by showing your son these values. Keep being a great dad and the right woman who will wait for you will come along. :) Welcome to the site, by the way. 

4 people like this

I don't think it's crazy at all! I think it's great that you are now deciding to wait, regardless of the reasons behind it. You didn't ask this, but for the record, there are women who are waiting that would have no issues dating a man who already has a child.

1 person likes this