Faith

Marrying someone with a different Religion, Good or Bad?

83 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Abdur Rehman Khan Durrani said:

Where did you get the Interpretation that Muslim girls can marry a Christian guy? The reason why Muslim men are allowed to marry chaste Jewesses and Christian girls is because a person will come to a Muslim family. So the newcomer will have more chances to convert to Islam. No! concept of god in Christianity and Islam isn't same though similar.

Because i simply don t accept the fact that religion is inherited from your father! It s something that children should chose themselves ! So marriage btw muslims and other Abrahamic religions should either be forbidden for both gender or allowed for both. Where did these patriarchal ideas which don t have any roots in Quraan came into religion? I haven t find a clue in Quraan !forbidding the marriage of a Muslim woman to a Christian or a Jewish man is not based on any Qur’anic text or saying of the Prophet, but rather on a mutual agreement of scholars of all eras ... And if concept of God in christianity isn t the same then why Muslim men are allowed to marry a christian/Jewish lady?! ... There are contradictions ... I'm noth inviting ppl to have inter-faith marriage . It s better that ppl marry with someone who has similar religion and nationality ... But i m just saying i don t find it Haram... Well, Just my own opinion and understanding of religion bro ...

8 minutes ago, rihhana said:

Where did these patriarchal ideas which don t have any roots in Quraan came into religion?

This is the way of life. Where does it happen that a man comes to live in his wife's father house?

11 minutes ago, Abdur Rehman Khan Durrani said:

This is the way of life. Where does it happen that a man comes to live in his wife's father house?

My brother is Muslim and lives in his wife's parents home. You can keep old traditions in a modern society.

1 minute ago, Jorge said:

My brother is Muslim and lives in his wife's parents home. You can keep old traditions in a modern society.

He should be ashamed if he has no Problems

25 minutes ago, Abdur Rehman Khan Durrani said:

He should be ashamed if he has no Problems

Hahaha. You're a funny guy.

12 hours ago, rihhana said:

? I haven t find a clue in Quraan !forbidding the marriage of a Muslim woman to a Christian or a Jewish man is not based on any Qur’anic text or saying of the Prophet, but rather on a mutual agreement of scholars of all eras

In fact Quran does prohibit to marry disbelievers. Christians and Jews are disbelievers.

O you who have believed, when the believing women come to you as emigrants, examine them. Allah is most knowing as to their faith. And if you know them to be believers, then do not return them to the disbelievers; they are not lawful [wives] for them, nor are they lawful [husbands] for them. But give the disbelievers what they have spent. And there is no blame upon you if you marry them when you have given them their due compensation. And hold not to marriage bonds with disbelieving women, but ask for what you have spent and let them ask for what they have spent. That is the judgement of Allah ; He judges between you. And Allah is Knowing and Wise

https://quran.com/60/10.

However Muslim Men were later allowed to Marry Chaste religious Christian women and Jewesses(Most in the West are not chaste and religious).

SAHIH INTERNATIONAL

This day [all] good foods have been made lawful, and the food of those who were given the Scripture is lawful for you and your food is lawful for them. And [lawful in marriage are] chaste women from among the believers and chaste women from among those who were given the Scripture before you, when you have given them their due compensation, desiring chastity, not unlawful sexual intercourse or taking [secret] lovers. And whoever denies the faith - his work has become worthless, and he, in the Hereafter, will be among the losers.

https://quran.com/5/5

Read the verse carefully It is clearly stated that a Muslims can eat as guests from Christians and Jews and Christians and jews can eat food of Muslims as a guests. 

It is written that Muslim men can marry Christian and Jewish women but it not written that Muslim women can marry Jews and Christians. Since this verse doesn't abrogate the prohibition of muslim women marrying disbelievers mentioned in former verse, We can say that Quran prohibits Muslim women. from marrying Christians and Jews. I hope you got it.

By the way, Christianity also prohibits to marry Heathens and Judaism also prohibits to marry Gentiles. 

In your country Iran, if a Non Muslim man caught having sex with a muslim woman he would be killed while the woman would be flogged with 100 lashes.

Similar laws are also present In Jewish law halakhah where if a Gentile woman is caught having sex with a Jewish man , she would be killed while the man would be flogged.

Old topic, but interesting.

My parents are an interfaith couple (mom: Catholic, dad: Jewish) and it worked out for me, at least! I posted more about their relationship in a different thread so I don't feel like repeating myself. Anyways I'd be fine with marrying somebody from another faith or non- faith. This might be weird, but I might actually prefer it just because raising the kids how I was raised, with two different ideologies, and teaching them to be respectful of other faiths would be beneficial.

Edit: I was raised Catholic and am a believer still. Both my parents are devout, my mother a bit more so.

Edited by seabutterfly
Wanted to add detail