Jasmine23

Courting/Marrying outside of your ethnicity

35 posts in this topic

At present I am in a beautiful, waiting ( even for the kiss) interracial relationship.

There was a time I wondered if I would ever see it come to fruition but God is so perfect in His timing. 

This is actually a first for both of us. We have both had friends of varying race and culture but not actually dated/courted.

He says my heart, sense of humor and personality captured his attention. That was enough but when I explained my intentions...that I am waiting....that I have committed my body and my self to Jesus until the marriage bed...well THAT is what is truly knocked him off his feet! We really can have it all!! So happy! So blessed!

#swirling

8 people like this

there is a difference between racism, and what you are physically attracted to, you cannot help who you like, and if you preference a certain ethnicity, that doesn't make you a racist.

as a matter of fact, physically, we tend to be attracted to people who look much different than us because of our human instinct. basically our brain finds people attractive of different decent so we don't run the risk of inbreeding, which is a good thing,

me personally, i have been attracted to all ethnicity, it really depends upon the person, but honestly, i can't see myself marrying someone of the same ethnicity as me (although i have found many attractive) i find other ethnicity of women extremely attractive  :D

3 people like this

Ahhh, the age old race question!

I was never raised to see color as a child, something I really loved as I got older in life and would also love to teach my own children someday, and I honestly have no real preference when it comes to interracial dating. I think a mixing of the races is a beautiful thing and I have had family members who were strictly against it. My grandmother on my mom's side was raised Jehova's Witness and was taught that to breed with another race was a sin. Thankfully I never shared her sentiment and as a  matter of fact, all my ex's have been white women with green eyes. Not something I specifically sought out but it was their characters and core beliefs that really drew me to them. I've also had multiple black friends who I found attractive but I was unavailable at the time. I personally don't really care too much for hispanic woman, but that's not to say that my future wife won't be hispanic. One rare thing in my family is colored eyes. Both of my grandfathers had colored eyes and I am one of only two people from both sides of the family with green eyes. I've always thought it would be nice to have multi-ethnic children with my eyes someday. Such a beautiful thought. :)

Love who you will. There's scientifically only one race. Break down the false barriers.

2 people like this

Back in my college days, I would have preferred a natural blonde, or some darker hair colors...

But I have seriously opened up my mind to the possibility of looking for a Latina or a woman from the Philippines... Truthfully, it would be my preference to marry a woman of German heritage like myself. But what I am really looking for is a Catholic waiter with a low divorce rate... South America and the Philippines have high concentrations of Catholics with very low divorce rates... I just don't know if it is worth the risk getting involved with a woman from a post-feminist country...

17 hours ago, Dave1985 said:

Back in my college days, I would have preferred a natural blonde, or some darker hair colors...

But I have seriously opened up my mind to the possibility of looking for a Latina or a woman from the Philippines... Truthfully, it would be my preference to marry a woman of German heritage like myself. But what I am really looking for is a Catholic waiter with a low divorce rate... South America and the Philippines have high concentrations of Catholics with very low divorce rates... I just don't know if it is worth the risk getting involved with a woman from a post-feminist country...

I have a lot of family members from the Philipinnes and I can say the women make good spouses. My mom is a good example of it. 

2 people like this

I wouldn't mind marrying someone from a different ethnicity. Maybe that's because I come from a mixed family (Philippino,

Japanese, German ethnicity here). 

3 people like this

It's not weird to like men outside your race..... You are super weird and a little confused if you don't like black guys!! You're missing out. There are good looking people in every race and no one is same. Plus dark chocolate is the best!! 

1 person likes this

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 1:31 PM, armytiger said:

It's not weird to like men outside your race..... You are super weird and a little confused if you don't like black guys!! You're missing out. There are good looking people in every race and no one is same. Plus dark chocolate is the best!! 

Hum, really?:P about dark chocolate?

On Monday, June 02, 2014 at 0:43 PM, Mirage said:

:mellow::huh::o:lol::wub: