MichaelMarley

Asexuality?

6 posts in this topic

I have been doing a lot of thinking about why I am waiting until marriage and how easy it seems to have been for me compared to some other people.  Then, it hit me.  I just don't feel the drive to have sex with anyone.  I want (quite badly, in fact) a romantic relationship, but I just don't seem to care about sex at all.  I guess this makes me a Heteroromantic Asexual.  Is there anyone else here who thinks they might be like me?

I guess this also means I have been cheating at the WTM thing all this time :P

Hmmm....I can't say I can relate to your situation. Quite the opposite really. The older I get, the more difficult it is for me to wait because my desire for sex just keeps going up. Of course I ultimately want a romantic relationship for the emotional connection with someone,  but sex would also very important to me too in a marriage. I don't think I could be in a marriage with little to no sex at all.

I know you're joking, but I don't think you're cheating on WTM at all. You can't control how you feel. Just because you don't feel the desire for sex doesn't mean you don't value waiting which apparently you do. You're far from the only one and there's nothing wrong with you. Some couples would rather cultivate their relationship in other ways instead of sex and that's fine. But I think that it also means that it may be best to find someone who has a similar level of sex drive so that neither one of you will be distracted by that desire.

We used to have a girl called Stephiesweety, but she hasn't been on in forever. After her the closest we have would be Josh.

There's also Fialily.

Yup, forgot about her. She identifies as a romantic asexual does she not? Her and her boyfriend enjoy just spending time together, playing videogames and the like.