DriftingDreamer

HI! Former invisible wallflower signing in!

13 posts in this topic

Hello!

My name is Rachael and I found this site because I have no idea what to do when it comes to men, much less dating.

I used to be really overweight, nerdy, and very quiet. In fact most of my family thought I was mute when I was little. As a result I was always a loner, friends never lasted long and boys looked me over. And I was a late bloomer when it came to guys, in fact I didn't even notice them until this year :P.

But men are not interested usually in girls who are more like a guy than feminine. I got ignored a lot, I could talk to guys but they would always look at my sisters like I wasn't there. It destroyed the view I had of myself, I thought I was ugly, stupid, and not worth anyone's time.

Fast-forward some years later, massive amount of weight lost, and the wallflower is no longer invisible! My goal is to be a Marine, and ultimately the first female Marine Sniper. I'm still a tomboy, nerdy, but not so much quiet. And guys are noticing me, which is why I'm on this awesome site!

I am a Christian and I am determined to wait till marriage. My siblings didn't wait and I don't want to follow in their footsteps. But I'm finding out that even if a guy says he's a Christian, doesn't mean he has the same views of sex as me :(. Also telling a guy I'm waiting till marriage makes most of them more determined to get into my pants. I'm a unicorn apparently :P.

I am hoping to get help on this site with dating and men in general. Especially since I'm going into the military and I'll be on my own without my bulldog of a mother, who's extremely protective of her last virgin daughter.

That's my story! Any questions I'll answer! Don't hold back if your curious about something I am an open book.

3 people like this

Welcome, DD!

Glad you decided to join! At least, with the gender ratio in the military, you'll have your pick of the litter. So you've got good odds. If one guy rejects you over waiting, there's plenty more where he came from. :-)

Here are a few dating tips for you:

1. It's like making new friends but with attraction.

2. Everybody is awkward at it, including your date.

3. Few experiences in life carry as much growth as a romantic relationship, so chase them fearlessly. Even if you fail, you learn.

Maybe others can post their own tips. And then you can post things you learn when you start getting out there!

Congratulations on blossoming haha. Anyhow, looking forward to getting to know you!

Hey, Rachel.  You sound like a very cool person.  Being a tomboy is great.  You are a woman, none the less! 

You have come to the right place!  You are totally welcome here! 

(Oh, and remember, MOST guys will reject you for waiting.  This has nothing to do with your value, but a reminder of their's.  Non-waiters are a dime a dozen.  That special, wonderful, respectful, nerdy guy who will be honored to be with a tough, marine sniper woman is somewhere waiting for you.)

Wow! You seem really cool! I hope you stick around. I think you are an excellent addition to our community!

I can relate to you about the weight loss thing. I just lost quite a bit myself, and I am finding the fact that I am no longer invisible to guys to be very strange, and often overwhelming. It is weird to suddenly be getting so much positive attention for how I look.

1 person likes this

Welcome, Racheal! Thank you for sharing and I hope you find everything you are searching for from this site! We're happy to talk and share anytime. :) 

Welcome! :)

I'd say I'm pretty worldly for being 22, so I'll help with anything you wanna know about men. For starters, being a tomboy is never a bad thing xP and while some guys just want to get in girls' pants, some of us are hopeless romantics and prefer love :3

PS- I can empathise; I used to be overweight. I still am pretty quiet and nerdy but I own it giirrl ;3 lol

Hello Rachael, welcome, you can ask me any question you want, WHENEVER, about dating. I'll be glad to be helpful.

And don't worry about the people laughing at your weight.

If you have problems with your diet and like to learn more about losing weight you can ask me anytime, as I am a bodybuilder and am on a diet since several years. I haven't eaten crisps, cookies or french fries for more than a year!