Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest OneHappyGirl

Did Ya'll Hear About...

9 posts in this topic

the girl who sold her virginity & how do ya'll feel about that??? So just in case ya'll are wondering why I'm posting this on here it's not to freak ya'll out and no I'm not considering selling mine to pay for grad school haha buut this is my point right here:

"Natalie is a virgin and would like to sell this priceless and rare commodity in a very exclusive and private setting," says the Bunny Ranch Web site.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,480037,00.html#ixzz1i0PkiC3u

So there are lots of debates about what a person's v-card is actually worth if anything at all, right?? Well, personally for me, mine doesn't have a price tag but apparently if it were to-it'd be worth a lot ;)

here's the youtube link in case you're interested in the story. It's actually very intriguing.(There are two parts to it but if you watch the first part you'll see the second on the "related videos side") The people's comments are actually kinda funny...

I know it. It's terrible, of course, and I'd never want anything to do with a woman like that.

But on the other hand, it's clear after reading this story that virginity does matter. If it were useless or outdated, she wouldn't have gotten so much money (or attention) over selling it as opposed to just having sex for money, no?

I think it is not only sad but also disgusting. Honestly though, it's just a reflection on how a majority of society views virginity, sex, and marriage as just "checklist" items. As I expected though, that woman has done some "other stuff", including oral. So sex really isn't that big of a "jump" for her. That being said, I wish that woman nothing but health happiness and success.

I'll never understand the connection between selling your body and feminism.

But on the other hand, it's clear after reading this story that virginity does matter. If it were useless or outdated, she wouldn't have gotten so much money (or attention) over selling it as opposed to just having sex for money, no?

Took the words right out of my mouth. Virginity IS special/important. It's also priceless.

WOW!!! I saw this when it was on, I was totally shocked. I dont think she should prostitute herself. She is going to remember this day for the rest of her life,when the money is spent and she is alone with her thoughts I wonder what she will truly think. Will she think it was worth it?

RE: feminism & selling your body.... Feminists believe (and not all of them as you have feminists who are against women selling their bodies which is more "mainstream" femminism) that it is the womens body so it is hers to do as she wishes, and that it is empowering to have a man have to pay to be with them (ie they are worth more than the guy so he has to pay her to be allowed to be with her) at least that is my basic understanding as this isn't really "mainstream" feminism, more radfem really... I hope that helps as to me its just an excuse for not being called a prostitute... Which is also what this woman in the article will be after she gets paid to have sex with a guy... Virginity or not.

Sorry for going off topic OHG... Yeah I think selling your body is totally wrong and I would never be with a woman who is like this, I do however wish her the best of luck as I'm sure this will cause problems for her later in life.

I know it. It's terrible, of course, and I'd never want anything to do with a woman like that.

yes, yes LookingfortheOne! I totally agree!

I think it is not only sad but also disgusting. Honestly though, it's just a reflection on how a majority of society views virginity, sex, and marriage as just "checklist" items. As I expected though, that woman has done some "other stuff", including oral. So sex really isn't that big of a "jump" for her. That being said, I wish that woman nothing but health happiness and success.

I'll never understand the connection between selling your body and feminism.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Virginity IS special/important. It's also priceless.

omg, ThatGuy I thought the same thing when I was watching the video of her interview. I was like, her mouth, looks like she's done stuff (if you know what I mean) and sure enough a few seconds later she was like yeah. and yeah I totally get you as to why it was probably not that big of a risk for her.

WOW!!! I saw this when it was on, I was totally shocked. I dont think she should prostitute herself. She is going to remember this day for the rest of her life,when the money is spent and she is alone with her thoughts I wonder what she will truly think. Will she think it was worth it?

Right, Ally! Omg-I don't know it's not a moral dilemma for her so she may not give two cents! Hopefully, the guy was sweet to her during her first time though so it would be something special for her to remember.

RE: feminism & selling your body.... Feminists believe (and not all of them as you have feminists who are against women selling their bodies which is more "mainstream" femminism) that it is the womens body so it is hers to do as she wishes, and that it is empowering to have a man have to pay to be with them (ie they are worth more than the guy so he has to pay her to be allowed to be with her) at least that is my basic understanding as this isn't really "mainstream" feminism, more radfem really... I hope that helps as to me its just an excuse for not being called a prostitute... Which is also what this woman in the article will be after she gets paid to have sex with a guy... Virginity or not.

Sorry for going off topic OHG... Yeah I think selling your body is totally wrong and I would never be with a woman who is like this, I do however wish her the best of luck as I'm sure this will cause problems for her later in life.

it's okay, Aaron! You're totally fine! Your just clearing up the info. in case of any confusion-I gotcha ;) lol but yeah I wish she would've atleast married the guy and took the money! ha