ChristianMan72

Rings on her fingers... What do they mean?

13 posts in this topic

I know that if a woman has a big rock on her left ring finger, she's clearly spoken for. Does a ring on on the left hand ring finger always mean engaged or married? Any other insights into rings and their meanings?

When I was younger my mother told me not to wear a ring on my left ring finger because then I wouldn't get married - me and my "rebellious" self did it anyway ( maybe that's why I am still single). Ever since then I'm just use to wearing it on that finger.

Many women that I know who have purity rings wear them on that finger, to honor their commitment to their husband, even though they do not know him yet.

Yes, I've always wanted a guy's TLW or purity ring ever since I heard about the TLW movement when it started. Never quite found one, or perhaps took the time to find one, but I'm still committed to waiting. But I think it is a great reminder to have with you all the time, and a symbol to those who take the time to notice.

This made me think of my claddagh ring (they're the coolest thing ever), because on top of the  history, the way that you wear them can depict your relationship status! Unfortunately, it seems that no one in America knows what they are hahaha, I attached a picture of mine!

Just kidding I don't know how that works.

But google them they're so pretty!

1 person likes this

Yes, I've always wanted a guy's TLW or purity ring ever since I heard about the TLW movement when it started. Never quite found one, or perhaps took the time to find one, but I'm still committed to waiting. But I think it is a great reminder to have with you all the time, and a symbol to those who take the time to notice.

You could get a wrist band! :) 

http://forums.waitingtillmarriage.org/store/product/1-offical-wtm-wristband/

1 person likes this

Yes, I learned about the Claddagh ring from an online friend, originally from Belfast no less, who explained it to me a long time ago. I think a dual WTM Claddagh ring would be awesome.

It isn't unknown, but not well known either. For example, Joaquin Phoenix's character sort of 'proposes' with a Claddagh ring in Ladder 49 (but his character doesn't WTM, sadly, I hate the Hollywood-Hop-In-Bed routine).

1 person likes this

This made me think of my claddagh ring (they're the coolest thing ever), because on top of the  history, the way that you wear them can depict your relationship status! Unfortunately, it seems that no one in America knows what they are hahaha, I attached a picture of mine!

Just kidding I don't know how that works.

But google them they're so pretty!

One of my best friends received a diamond Claddagh ring from her husband when he proposed. She wore it in the engagement direction before they married, and flipped it the other way once they wed, adding a tracer ring as the wedding band. She also had a separate purity ring she had been wearing since long before she met him; I don't recall what finger that was on.

1 person likes this

I suppose I should have asked at the outset, but what about those string bracelets, often red or black? Just ornaments or something else?

I suppose I should have asked at the outset, but what about those string bracelets, often red or black? Just ornaments or something else?

You mean a Kabbalah bracelet?