Guest markb4

How do you deal with morning breath?

10 posts in this topic

When you wake up next to your spouse and want to do some playing in the morning, how do you deal with morning breath? Do you brush your teeth beforehand? Or does the morning breath not bother you? Or do you just not kiss? Etc?

4 people like this

ok bonus points for a silly - but very real - question.

so my truth is...   when we were first married i did not CARE AT ALL about morning breath - not mine, not hers - we were too busy waking up, judging whthether maybe we felt a little frisky and so on LOL.

but... reality does set in soon enough...   we would often touch each other with a bit of just pure affection to let each other know we were feeling amorous.   maybe a light kiss.   we always keep water glasses on nightstands anyway - and that helps wash away a bit.  and lastly...   at least one of us would often get up and wash face/quick brush of teeth... and then off we went.

so there are my truths about morning breath for you, Mark!

5 people like this

I think you could wake up before her ,  wash your teeth quickly , go back to bed & act innocent  ;)

5 people like this

Ew! Omg Mark! Made me laugh though!!! Omg Idk that was one of my greatest fears getting married was that statement right there I'd alllways say I never wanted to share a bed with someone because of that right there! But me I'm verrryyy into breath night or day cus I like things to smell fresh always and my husbands omg he's total opposite he thinks I'm actually pretty in the morning or whatever and doesn't mind at all. Always before work he wants to kiss me lightly until I wake up and talk to me and I'm like ew noooooo so I usually just cover my face and turn away so I don't smell him nor he smell me. But I brush my teeth at night too. To him he doesn't care but I'm really picky about breath regardless of the time of day but not him.

1 person likes this

This question made me laugh.  Some different reactions I've taken:

1.  I hate the taste of my own morning breath some days.  I have flavoured vitamins that I take daily so sometimes I pop a few of those when I wake up. 

2.  Ignore it and focus on being intimate.

3.  Make a comment, laugh about it together and then get on with it.  :) 

3 people like this

Either get up and go brush your teeth or kiss locations other than mouth to mouth. There are plenty of ways to be intimate without kissing on the lips or full on frenching. If I know I have morning breath, I aim for the ears and the neck. She can't smell out the ears (as far as I know) but the intention is passed along. If we are in a mood for making out, we'll stop and brush. If the mood is more urgent, you run with it.

2 people like this

I hate the taste of my mouth in the morning. The first thing I do is brush my teeth! I don't kiss anyone with that breath lol.

Lol but I suppose if you wanted a quick fix, gum chewing should do the trick.

I'm the only one with a sensitive sense of smell in the morning, so it's only an issue for me. Usually I give him a few smooches before sending him off to the bathroom to brush his teeth.