Mike

Excuse some weirdness!

4 posts in this topic

Hey Everybody,

If you notice the forum titles, descriptions, and various buttons changing slightly over the next couple weeks, that's me testing things; don't freak out.

My current priorities are:

1. Keep the articles coming (2 new celebs and a big new article coming soon)

2. Finish & launch the dating features (yay!)

3. Redesign the site

In preparation for #3, I'm running some experiments on the site to see where people click, and how they use the site. For example, my current experiment: Do people prefer shorter or longer forum descriptions?

Just keep reading and posting as normal. Hopefully you should barely notice the changes. But tell me if you see a change you particularly love or hate.  :P

P.S. If you're interested in such things, these experiments helped me figure out that changing the background color of the View New Content button up there at the top-right increased the number of pages people read per visit by like 30%. Little change, big result.  B)

4 people like this

What are the dating features gonna be? Is it gonna be like a section of the site that's geared towards dating like other dating sites? It seems interesting. I'm curious of what you're up to Mike. The site keeps getting better each year so I wonder what you have up your sleeve regarding this dating thing lol.

3 people like this

@Weapon X - I'm glad you think so! The dating feature will be more integrated with the existing forums and member profiles. You'll be able to use the feature to declare your affections for other members here. Like, you'll see a little "Heart" icon/button thing up at the top of the page. That heart will light up if you have an incoming match. When you click it, a popup later will open up with the MatchMaker feature so you can send out new crushes (name pending) and guess on crushes you've received. I know that's a little vague, but I'll explain more when it launches. And I think, if people like it, I'll end up beefing up member profiles and other features that help us get to know each other.  B)