Invincible

Did you use birth control on your wedding night?

11 posts in this topic

OMG absolutely we used birth control LOL.   I confess the last thing we wanted to contemplate was a baby that quickly...   it didn't make it any less romantic (she used a diaphragm - we did not use a condom and she has never been on the pill) - because frankly i didn't know any different... and it took just a minute and then we were in business so honestly... i never noticed it!

we did not have sex without some form of birth control for the first two years of marriage...  and that's when we decided we were ready to hope for a baby.  :-)

7 people like this

We've never used birth control, but same-sex couples don't have to worry about getting pregnant! :) 

10 people like this

My wife had already been on the pill for a while before we got married, so it was already part of the 'routine' for her :)

1 person likes this

omg!! Well I never really knew what to use and knew I wanted to be natural the pill etc was just not for me so he used a condom but as time went on I found a natural form of birth control that is not harmful to my body whoot and he's super happy cus he doesn't have to wear a condom. lol

2 people like this

@onehappygirl I've never taken birth control pills before because I'm afraid of the side effects + as a virgin i really don't need it :) But I do like the idea of the intended effects I've heard about regarding that time of the month... can u share details about what this natural birth control is that u found? Thanks!

1 person likes this

My wife had already been on the pill for a while before we got married, so it was already part of the 'routine' for her :)

Mine had been on the pill for someone else before me but she does not think its ok for me.

Makes me feel very Special......

I used to be on the Pill to help me with cramps that left me bedridden. I went off it for ahwile, and my cramps got better, so I stayed off it. Then they started getting horrific again, a few months before I got married. It took a LOT more effort than I had imagined getting a doctor to see me for a BC consultation, but I finally found a nurse practitioner who was available. I started the patch about three weeks before our wedding, and I also used it to skip a period that normally would have fallen on our honeymoon.

I don't think wanting to avoid pregnancy somehow made our wedding afternoon (morning wedding = afternoon sex!) less intimate or special. Trust me, I would not have been able to relax if I had been freaking out about getting pregnant.

And I LOVE having pain-free periods again. Not getting pregnant is just a bonus!

2 people like this

Although it is a hard decision to make and we both believe that contraception is not preferable, we decided that as of right now we will use birth control at least for our wedding night and the honeymoon. After that we plan to use NFP.

Yes the pill since we decided to wait for at least a year before trying for kids. It made no change to the level of intimacy.