Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest markb4

Women Slapping Men

10 posts in this topic

Hey gals,

I feel I may ruffle feathers with this question, but let's give it a shot. The social norm of women being able to slap men has always amazed me. If a man slaps a woman, that's huge punishable-by-law trouble, but if a woman slaps a man, society tends to accept it and not think much of it. Why is that?

Is it because women CAN'T hurt men physically when they slap whilst a man CAN hurt? Because I personally feel a woman can cause some intense pain from a slap just as much as a man can.

Or is it because men just DESERVE to be slapped at times, but women can NEVER do anything to be deserving of being slapped? I also find this theory weak.

Don't get me wrong; I'm not condoning men slapping women! I'm just curious as to why women slapping men seems to be okay with society. Any thoughts?

1 person likes this

I dislike it alot. Like we should all just keep our hands to ourselves, no matter how much the person may annoy you or what ever they did for you to be slapping them.

It's a double standard type of thing, at least that's what I believe. People also find it hard to believe that men face domestic abuse by woman, maybe it's not a huge percent of men or maybe alot are just afraid to come forward because of what people might think of them. I remember we were talking about, in class, something that had happened in the news about a guy getting beat up and other things by a group of woman, and alot of people found it funny. Yet if we were to switch the roles people would react differently.

2 people like this

It's not okay for any woman to slap a man or a man to slap a woman.  The facts are, men are more likely to be physical abusers than women, but women can absolutely dish out physical abuse as well and it is not okay either way.

I was told once that you never should hit a man because.. they might hit back. 

3 people like this

I dislike it alot. Like we should all just keep our hands to ourselves, no matter how much the person may annoy you or what ever they did for you to be slapping them.

It's a double standard type of thing, at least that's what I believe. People also find it hard to believe that men face domestic abuse by woman, maybe it's not a huge percent of men or maybe alot are just afraid to come forward because of what people might think of them. I remember we were talking about, in class, something that had happened in the news about a guy getting beat up and other things by a group of woman, and alot of people found it funny. Yet if we were to switch the roles people would react differently.

I totally agree that there is a double standard. But just my thoughts on answering your question, maybe it seems "ok" for a woman to slap a man because it's been depicted so many times in movies where a man does something so wrong that he seems to actually "dserve" it. And it's not ok for a man to slap a woman because it IS associated with domestic violence -- where men are thought as stronger than women and therefore should be women's "protectors" instead of hurting them.

For my personal view, no one should hit anyone. We're all grown enough to use words to calmly talk things over -- problems get resolved quicker when issues could be discussed.

2 people like this

I'm not promoting women slapping men, but if a woman slaps a man because the man is just obstinate/rude/overstepping boundaries, I personally feel that she's done no wrong.

The problem with me feeling this way is I don't know whether I should feel the same way if a man slaps a woman for the same reasons. On paper, it seems equivalent, but in my heart, it just still feels wrong.

I totally agree that there is a double standard. But just my thoughts on answering your question, maybe it seems "ok" for a woman to slap a man because it's been depicted so many times in movies where a man does something so wrong that he seems to actually "dserve" it. And it's not ok for a man to slap a woman because it IS associated with domestic violence -- where men are thought as stronger than women and therefore should be women's "protectors" instead of hurting them.

For my personal view, no one should hit anyone. We're all grown enough to use words to calmly talk things over -- problems get resolved quicker when issues could be discussed.

Women cannot compete with men in the physical realm. It is very much within our biology to be protectors. But if you watched the video I posted, you'll see that pretty much everyone didn't think it was necessary to call the police when the woman was abusing the man. They were just concerned if he was going to start hitting her back...even the off-duty officer.

This is all I will say so you just take what you want from it :). I was in class at school once and a guy friends of mine slapped my butt. It was with a book and he was "dared" to do it but it was enough of a butt slap to be felt and so I slapped him in the face. All i know is that he learned he can't play that with me but I see other girls around school just giggle or say "stoooop" when I guy touches, slaps, or squeezes their butts and it just continues happening for them...it hasn't happened to me again since then soo... The end :P

2 people like this

This is all I will say so you just take what you want from it :). I was in class at school once and a guy friends of mine slapped my butt. It was with a book and he was "dared" to do it but it was enough of a butt slap to be felt and so I slapped him in the face. All i know is that he learned he can't play that with me but I see other girls around school just giggle or say "stoooop" when I guy touches, slaps, or squeezes their butts and it just continues happening for them...it hasn't happened to me again since then soo... The end :P

I liked that , hahahaaha , though I am not pro-violence or something , but  , he had it coming . :lol:

but I think the point of slapping men here , is being used to physically abuse a man  when he done nothing but upsetting you or getting on your nerves or whatever horrible thing you think he did  " haven't seen that happen myself , just read about it in news papers , &  most of it was murders anyway  :superwaiter:  "  

though physically abusing a man wont cause much damage " unless you use sharp / heavy objects hahahaha oh God , it is kinda funny & I dont know why "  but for me it is absolutely unacceptable to hit anyone , or anything , I dont see a difference , but we tend to take the woman's side anyway , because they are the vulnerable type  " society made all of us believe that , blame society " , & because  -for us women -  , they are women too , so we sympathize .

so most people are programmed to take the woman's side & ignore the man when he is being abused because " he can handle it " , maybe it was good that you started this topic , next time I would myself pay attention if some man was being abused on the side road or in a park , I would step to help  ;)  maybe all it needs , is for you -men- to talk about this more , like make it a public thing , women made their case by talking about it alooooot ,...maybe discussing this topic "violence against men  " would change some minds . 

but again , it is totally unacceptable for anyone to hit anyone . so Use your wooords  <_<  unless it was self-defense  , that's different  :P

I personally think that no one has the right to hit anybody. When I see a woman slap a man in a film, as a woman even though I may feel for her and think he is wrong, the moment she slaps him I don't like it  :(

Oh, but hitting for self-defence is okay of course!  :superwaiter:

2 people like this