Guest markb4

"Sherlock" Fans?

8 posts in this topic

Hey room,

Anyone here fan of the BBC series, "Sherlock"? If you're a fan of the original stories as well as the show, that's extra good!

2 people like this

One of my friends and I did a project on, "A Study in Scarlet." It was fun; we made a "Evidence" box with red paint as "blood" and included certain items throughout the story. It's probably the ONLY school project I've ever enjoyed...besides TV Production.

I love Sherlock :wub: ! From the books to tv shows and movie. Sherlock can do no wrong~ Also, think on this... Batman is base on  Sherlock! So that dark knight is older than he appears~ :superwaiter:

There is a guy I use to work with who's actual name is Sherlock Holmes :o

1 person likes this

I love Sherlock :wub: ! From the books to tv shows and movie. Sherlock can do no wrong~ Also, think on this... Batman is base on  Sherlock! So that dark knight is older than he appears~ :superwaiter:

Batman is based on Sherlock?

1 person likes this

Sherlock Holmes has been around for a while now. He first appeared in publication in 1887  to 1914.  Due to copy right law, no else could market on Sherlock name (until this year). BUT because the popularity of Sherlock Holmes the public was looking for a hero.The popularity of Sherlock Holmes has led to many works based on the character. Like novels, detective stories, and even comics.

23 years later, DC came out with Detective comics ( in 1937). Detective comics invented Batman , and first appeared in 1939.

SOooo, Batman has no real proof for replacing/replicating Sherlock. YET Batman characteristic do follow the same mannerism as Sherlock :o . Also the timing so soon after the end of the publication of Sherlock Homes.

I wish, but I don't have any proof to back up my theory :unsure: ; Like DC Detective comics coming out and saying they used Sherlock Homes. But I bet there is proof somewhere~ :)

Batman and Sherlock have been in comics together since then. :D

Sherlock  left a bit of a legacy behind him. ;)

1 person likes this

I love this show! I love the original stories, as well, AND the twists that have been done on it. Such as the 'Elementary' series, in America. I don't know if 'House M.D.' was based on that, at all, but it would seem to me that it may have been. I really just love mysteries, and Conan Doyle knew how to spin a yarn.

I love this show! I love the original stories, as well, AND the twists that have been done on it. Such as the 'Elementary' series, in America. I don't know if 'House M.D.' was based on that, at all, but it would seem to me that it may have been. I really just love mysteries, and Conan Doyle knew how to spin a yarn.

Yup, the character Gregory House was based on Sherlock Holmes.