Mike

Who tends to initiate sex?

9 posts in this topic

when we were first married - we both initiated sex.  A lot.  LOL.   once we had kids...   it has tended to be me who initiates more often...  but when she initiaties.... it's extra great :-).

2 people like this

I seem to have a higher libido than my wife, so I'm initiating usually, but the BEST sex seems to be when she's initiating or we both do it at the same time :D

1 person likes this

We both initiate since we both have high sex drives.

Women's and men's hormones are quite different and that leads to different times of the day and month when you are more aroused. For example, men have peak testosterone levels in the morning and women tend to be much more horny when they're ovulating.  

2 people like this

We both initiate since we both have high sex drives.

Women's and men's hormones are quite different and that leads to different times of the day and month when you are more aroused. For example, men have peak testosterone levels in the morning and women tend to be much more horny when they're ovulating.  

[ this is actually an important point for you guys out there...  i guarantee you're not aware of that point that women get hornier when they are ovulating... which of course means... higher interest in sex... and...........   opportunity for pregnancy :-)   so just be aware...  and either be careful... or be knowledgeable :-) ]

2 people like this

when we were first married - we both initiated sex.  A lot.  LOL.   once we had kids...   it has tended to be me who initiates more often...  but when she initiaties.... it's extra great :-).

Hmmm...I think I have an idea of what my future will be like LOL

1 person likes this

[ this is actually an important point for you guys out there...  i guarantee you're not aware of that point that women get hornier when they are ovulating... which of course means... higher interest in sex... and...........   opportunity for pregnancy :-)   so just be aware...  and either be careful... or be knowledgeable :-) ]

Thank you Ian! I don't think most guys are aware of that---some girls aren't even aware of that fact either. 

1 person likes this

One of the things I was not prepared for in a same-sex relationship was the difference in sex drive.  Everyone assumes that guys are way more into sex than girls.  However even in a same-sex relationship there are differences in sex drive and this has definitely been an issue for me and my husband to work through. 

I would say that for the most part I am the one who initiates sex.  I tend to more passionate, aggressive sex while my husband tends to prefer more romantic, tender sex.  Working through these differences is challenging at times, even three years into marriage. 

2 people like this