Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sophie

Ideally, when would you like to get married? And why?

16 members have voted

1. 1. What age would ideally like to get married at?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 posts in this topic

Because I want to start having children either at age thirty or before age thirty (that would be preferable,) I would rather not get married any time after age 27. To me, the earlier the better. So I'd say 26-27. This is because I was adopted by two wonderful people who were 44 and 45 when they adopted me. As awesome as my parents are (sometimes,) their older age has really hindered me from enjoying what I could have with them. My parents are now in their early-sixites and I am only 18! My mom has such a bad body (her back, her feet, etc,) and my dad recently got lukemia. I want to be a young parent for my children. My Grannie is 97, so my 62-year-old mom still has her mother. My Dad only lost his mother two and a half years ago. She was 92. They lost their fathers due to cancer and a horrible accident. There is no way I will have my parents past the age of 40. My Dad has lukemia so I doubt he will make it to his nineties...or maybe even eighteen. And my mom does not have good genetics on her side - like her father, she is beginning to break down at a too-early age. She won't make it to 90 for sure. Her father was doing terribly even at age 77, and my mom seems to have gotten his genes. So...before I am 40, a may have already lost one parent to old age or cancer (lukemia.)

I don't want that for my kids. And I want to be youthful enough to play lots of sports with them.

I also believe marrying at the earliest is best. I come from a culture where it's normal for a guy/girl to get married between the ages of 17 and 23. Anything after that is considered pushing it, lol.

I would like to get married around 35 or later. I'm not sure if I want to get married sometimes lol I don't know

almost forgot to answer the "why" part.

Well I'm focusing on my career and I'm content to be single and I want to make sure I get all my independence out of my system so I don't feel like I missed out on life you know. If I never marry at all I'm okay with that too I'll live. lol

Hi guys!

Ideally, I'd like to get married about 24-25 or so. I'll be going to Uni until I'm 22, so it may take a little longer, but I would definitely want to be married by the time I'm about 27-28 at the latest.

Because I want to start having children either at age thirty or before age thirty (that would be preferable,) I would rather not get married any time after age 27. To me, the earlier the better. So I'd say 26-27. This is because I was adopted by two wonderful people who were 44 and 45 when they adopted me. As awesome as my parents are (sometimes,) their older age has really hindered me from enjoying what I could have with them. My parents are now in their early-sixites and I am only 18! My mom has such a bad body (her back, her feet, etc,) and my dad recently got lukemia. I want to be a young parent for my children. My Grannie is 97, so my 62-year-old mom still has her mother. My Dad only lost his mother two and a half years ago. She was 92. They lost their fathers due to cancer and a horrible accident. There is no way I will have my parents past the age of 40. My Dad has lukemia so I doubt he will make it to his nineties...or maybe even eighteen. And my mom does not have good genetics on her side - like her father, she is beginning to break down at a too-early age. She won't make it to 90 for sure. Her father was doing terribly even at age 77, and my mom seems to have gotten his genes. So...before I am 40, a may have already lost one parent to old age or cancer (lukemia.)

That's one of my reasons too. My dad is now 60, my mum 56, and I'm only going to turn 18 in April. My parents tried for years to have a baby, eventually resorting to IVF (which I'm against, but that's another story) so had me really late. I just remember when I was little, being an only child, and going, for example, to days out in the park or whatever, and my parents not really being able to keep up with me, not being able to play with me or run around the park with me the same way other people's parents could. And not having any brothers or sisters to play with instead was kind of difficult. I don't want to wait to have kids until I'm too old to really play with them, or old enough that they worry (like I did) that I'll die really early. Also, the whole issue that, the older a woman is when she has a baby, the greater the chance of birth defects, disability, etc. which I wouldn't want to risk, if I could help it.

xxx

That's one of my reasons too. My dad is now 60, my mum 56, and I'm only going to turn 18 in April. My parents tried for years to have a baby, eventually resorting to IVF (which I'm against, but that's another story) so had me really late. I just remember when I was little, being an only child, and going, for example, to days out in the park or whatever, and my parents not really being able to keep up with me, not being able to play with me or run around the park with me the same way other people's parents could. And not having any brothers or sisters to play with instead was kind of difficult. I don't want to wait to have kids until I'm too old to really play with them, or old enough that they worry (like I did) that I'll die really early. Also, the whole issue that, the older a woman is when she has a baby, the greater the chance of birth defects, disability, etc. which I wouldn't want to risk, if I could help it.

xxx

Luckily my father has always been very fit and youthful for his age so he played tons of sports with me and always took me to the playground and stuff. My mom could never really do that, not that she'd ever want to. I didn't mind being an only child, it's just harder having such older parents. It never bothered me until I was 13 or so when I began to realize what a short time I'd have with them. I'm adopted though, and my birth mother was 19 when she had me.

Mmm, I think for me getting married at a young-ish age would be good, probably around 23. After getting married I plan on just enjoying the moment with my husband for a few years before getting into the responsibility of kids. Coming from a good sized family [i have two brothers and two sisters) I would also like to have at least 3-5 kids.

I used to want to be an only child when I was younger but as I've gotten older I realize how much my siblings mean to me and how I'm never really alone and always have someone to hang out with and just talk to. So that's the main reason I'd like to get married in my early twenties so I have plenty of time to further strengthen my marriage and then start cranking kids! lmao. I don't want to be having babies after 35.

But who really knows what'll happen.

And Sophie, I hope you make the most out of the rest of the time you have left with your parents!! And when the time does come that they pass I hope you can get through it smoothly!

Ok, so I'm 29. So, I've obviously missed most of the age brackets up here. Lol. I voted over 35, if ever. I've been proposed to before, I'm just not the most keen on the idea. I have problems figuring out the logistics in my head because I want to go into surgery, & I've been asked by doctors if I am married because there's a high divorce rate in some branches of that specialty. My mentor tried to talk me into a different area of medicine so that I could have a life. He's seen med students make it to the top of their profession, only to be standing alone when they got there. But, very few med students are married. Most are committed to medicine. It's a different ball game, different perception, different norm, different culture. It's ok to be older & single here, & I don't feel self-conscious because my status is the norm at my school, not the exception. So, at this point, I'm focused on medicine.